|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Wertheimer refuse to buy for the innkeeper?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A microwave.
(c) A refridgerator.
2. With what was Wertheimer smitten?
(a) His happiness.
(b) His sister's happiness.
(c) His failure.
(d) Glenn's talent.
3. What has the narrator never really considered selling?
(a) His watch.
(b) His music sheets.
(c) His house in Desselbrunn.
(d) His Steinway.
4. Where does the narrator plan to return to write after Wertheimer's death?
(b) His apartment.
(c) The lodge.
(d) The inn.
5. What is playing in the final scene of "The Loser"?
(a) "Goldberg Variations."
(b) The Beatles.
(c) Ray Charles.
(d) An opera.
6. What did the narrator decide not to sell?
(a) His copy of "Goldberg Variations."
(b) His apartments in Vienna and Dusselbrunn.
(c) His Steinway.
(d) His watch.
7. What does the narrator compare Desselbrunn to?
8. Who's lunch did the narrator refuse?
(a) The innkeeper's.
9. According to the narrator, how do people judge others, no matter what they perceive?
10. Where did the narrator consider going, but changed his mind because he thought it would kill him?
(c) Wertheimer's lodge.
(d) The Mozarteum.
11. What reason does the narrator repeatedly give for Wertheimer's suicide?
(a) Being second best to Glenn.
(b) His sister's abandonment
(c) His abandonment.
(d) Glenn's death.
12. Who did Wertheimer want to be?
(a) His sister's husband.
(b) The narrator.
(c) His sister.
13. What did the trio of friends never worry about?
(a) Performing for audiences.
(b) Paying rent.
(c) Making money.
(d) Buying a car.
14. Why did Wertheimer hang himself so close to his sister's house?
(a) To deflect the blame from Glenn.
(b) To hurt her.
(c) To make a statement.
(d) To make her smile.
15. Who could Wertheimer have blamed for his death?
(a) His sister.
(d) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the narrator to his room after Wertheimer dies?
2. What does Franz worry about?
3. Where does the narrator escape to upon leaving the inn.
4. What was Wertheimer from the moment he was born?
5. What did Wertheimer promise to leave to the innkeeper if he died first?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)