|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many letters did the narrator ignore from Wertheimer before Wertheimer's death?
(a) 6 letters.
(b) 2 letters.
(c) 5 letters.
(d) 4 letters.
2. Where did the narrator stay when he visited Wertheimer?
(a) The lodge in Traich.
(b) Wertheimer's house.
(c) A bed and breakfast.
(d) The Wankham Inn.
3. Why did the narrator study music?
(a) To be smarter.
(b) To annoy his parents.
(c) To become famous.
(d) To get paid.
4. What was Wertheimer arrogant about?
(a) His talent.
(b) Studying music when he was incapable of living.
(c) His piano collection.
(d) His muscles.
5. Why did Glenn cut down the ash in front of his window?
(a) It obstructed his playing.
(b) It was scratching the window.
(c) He was allergic.
(d) It gave him nightmares.
6. Where did Wertheimer hang himself?
(a) 100 steps from his sister's front door.
(b) 100 steps from the narrator's front door.
(c) 100 steps from his sister's back door.
(d) 100 steps from the Mozarteum.
7. What was Wertheimer's sole decision?
(a) Living with his sister.
(b) His suicide.
(c) Moving to Traich.
(d) Leaving Traich.
8. Where did the trio of friends study?
(b) Bach's home.
(d) The Mozarteum.
9. What did Wertheimer predict about Glenn's death?
(a) He would committ suicide.
(b) He would die soon.
(c) He would die old and grey.
(d) He would die of a stroke.
10. How did Glenn die?
(a) A tumor.
(b) A car wreck.
(d) Natural causes.
11. What was the title of the book Wertheimer desired to publish?
(a) "The Nomad."
(b) "The Austrian."
(c) "The Pianist."
(d) "The Loser."
12. What did Glenn play at the Salzburg Festival?
(a) "A Medley."
(b) "Golden Variety."
(c) "Goldberg Variations."
13. What was one characteristic of Glenn?
(a) He hated the piano.
(b) He smiled a lot.
(c) He hated his mom.
(d) He laughed a lot.
14. What was Wertheimer's apartment stuffed with?
(b) His sister's makeup.
(c) His sister's art.
15. What did the narrator and Wertheimer destroy?
(b) Their apartment.
(c) His sister's marriage.
(d) Each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Glenn's fans know about him?
2. What did Glenn demand to have in his dorm room when he studied at the Mozarteum?
3. When did Wertheimer give up playing the piano?
4. Who was unable to move the sculptures in the apartment in Leopoldskron?
5. Where did Glenn and Wertheimer move to?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)