|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator detest?
(d) The public.
2. What did the narrator compare the Austrian inns to?
(a) American hotels.
(b) Italian inns.
(c) Swiss inns.
3. Where did the narrator stay when he visited Wertheimer?
(a) The lodge in Traich.
(b) Wertheimer's house.
(c) The Wankham Inn.
(d) A bed and breakfast.
4. What is "The Loser" about?
(a) The relationships of three friends.
(b) A European vacation.
(d) A couple.
5. Who else confirmed the narrator's opinion that Glenn was extraordinary?
(a) The tabloids.
(b) The newspapers.
(c) The television.
(d) The radio.
6. What term did the narrator use to describe Glenn that Glenn often used after?
(a) Piano radicalism.
(b) Pianist radio.
(c) Piano radicalist.
(d) Radical pianist.
7. According to the narrator's list of statements, what is said about "all that is spoken"?
(a) It is nonsense.
(b) It is simple and pure.
(c) It is complicated.
(d) It has meaning.
8. How long did Wertheimer go without playing the piano?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 15 months.
(d) 15 hours.
9. Why did the narrator ignore Wertheimer's last card?
(a) He was busy writing "About Glenn Gould."
(b) He was too reading "About Glenn Gould."
(c) He was annoyed with him.
(d) He was out of town.
10. Why did Glenn cut down the ash in front of his window?
(a) It obstructed his playing.
(b) It was scratching the window.
(c) It gave him nightmares.
(d) He was allergic.
11. What did Glenn nickname the narrator?
(a) Candy Man.
(c) The philosopher.
(d) The loser.
12. What did the narrator refer to Wertheimer as in Section 3?
(a) "The lost marbles."
(b) "The loser."
(c) "The basket case."
(d) "The offended one."
13. Where did the narrator travel to on train as he observed the countryside?
14. What happened to Wertheimer's body after his suicide?
(a) It was chewed at by dogs.
(b) It went unidentified for several days.
(c) It froze in the winter.
(d) It rotted.
15. How long had the narrator been gone from his apartment before he left it to attend Wertheimer's funeral?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 3 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Glenn ruin most?
2. What did Glenn demand to have in his dorm room when he studied at the Mozarteum?
3. What is the narrator tormented by?
4. Who opposed the idea of the narrator and Wertheimer going to America to visit Glenn?
5. Where did the narrator move to?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)