|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Glenn play in public?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
2. Who had a sexual relationship with the innkeeper?
(c) The narrator.
(d) Wertheimer's sister.
3. What did the narrator and Wertheimer destroy?
(b) Each other.
(c) His sister's marriage.
(d) Their apartment.
4. What happened to Wertheimer when he left his house after his sister moved out?
(a) He fell into a pool.
(b) He hit his head on the concrete.
(c) He got drunk.
(d) He collapsed and a neighbor took him home.
5. What led to the narrator's depression and Wertheimer's suicide?
(a) The inability to live openly as homosexuals.
(b) Their teacher's death.
(c) The inability to surpass Glenn's talent.
(d) Glenn's death.
6. What did Glenn nickname Wertheimer?
(b) The philosopher.
(c) The loser.
(d) Priest Wertheimer.
7. What did Wertheimer dislike?
(a) Having guests.
(b) The woods.
8. Who did Wertheimer hate as much as traveling?
(a) His family.
(c) His sister's husband.
(d) The narrator.
9. Who was the strongest of the three friends?
(b) Wertheimer's sister.
(d) The narrator.
10. Where did the narrator live that Wertheimer hated?
(d) New York City.
11. According to the narrator's list of statements, what type of people are amazed?
(a) Intelligent people.
(b) Stupid people.
(c) Complicated people.
(d) Insane people.
12. What did Wertheimer predict about Glenn's death?
(a) He would die of a stroke.
(b) He would committ suicide.
(c) He would die old and grey.
(d) He would die soon.
13. What did the narrator and Wertheimer relinquish after studying with Glenn?
(b) Attempts to be piano virtuosos.
(c) Glenn's control.
(d) To be open homosexuals.
14. Why did the narrator study music?
(a) To annoy his parents.
(b) To get paid.
(c) To become famous.
(d) To be smarter.
15. What was Wertheimer's sole decision?
(a) Living with his sister.
(b) Moving to Traich.
(c) Leaving Traich.
(d) His suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else confirmed the narrator's opinion that Glenn was extraordinary?
2. Who did Wertheimer reach out to to save him?
3. What did Wertheimer lament about his sister?
4. Where did the narrator travel to on train as he observed the countryside?
5. Why did Wertheimer think his sister's husband married her?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)