|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the narrator study music?
(a) To become famous.
(b) To be smarter.
(c) To get paid.
(d) To annoy his parents.
2. What did Wertheimer copy from the narrator?
(a) Everything he did.
(b) His bedroom furniture.
(c) His clothing.
(d) What he ate.
3. What suffocated Wertheimer and the narrator?
(b) Glenn's talent.
(d) The Mozarteum.
4. What did Wertheimer's sister send the narrator after Wertheimer died?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A pie.
(c) A picture.
(d) A telegram.
5. Where did the narrator say he stays when he goes to his hometown?
(a) With Wertheimer.
(b) With his grandparents.
(c) His parents house.
(d) The Wankham Inn.
6. Why did Glenn cut down the ash in front of his window?
(a) It obstructed his playing.
(b) It gave him nightmares.
(c) It was scratching the window.
(d) He was allergic.
7. How old was Glenn when he died?
(a) 52 years old.
(b) 51 years old.
(c) 49 years old.
(d) 46 years old.
8. Where did the trio of friends live when they studied together?
(b) A dorm.
(d) An inn.
9. Where did Glenn go when the narrator and Wertheimer remark that Glenn is lost in his art?
10. What did Wertheimer predict about Glenn's death?
(a) He would die of a stroke.
(b) He would die old and grey.
(c) He would committ suicide.
(d) He would die soon.
11. How long did Glenn play in public?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 years.
12. How old was Wertheimer when he commited suicide?
(a) 52 years old.
(b) 66 years old.
(c) 51 years old.
(d) 53 years old.
13. Where did the narrator live that Wertheimer hated?
(d) New York City.
14. According to Wertheimer's attempts to reach out to people, what do complicated people not understand?
(b) Simple people.
(d) The piano.
15. What was the status of the trio of friends' families?
(a) They are wealthy.
(b) They are poor.
(c) They are aristocrats.
(d) They are dumb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one characteristic of Glenn?
2. Where did Wertheimer refuse to go without the narrator?
3. What did Glenn's fans know about him?
4. What different skill does the narrator posses?
5. What does the narrator say about a suicide calculated in advance?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)