|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: p. 145-153.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about a suicide calculated in advance?
(a) It is not an act of desperation.
(b) It makes him depressed.
(c) It's amusing.
(d) It is pathetic.
2. Why did Wertheimer hang himself so close to his sister's house?
(a) To make her smile.
(b) To deflect the blame from Glenn.
(c) To hurt her.
(d) To make a statement.
3. What did the narrator decide not to sell?
(a) His copy of "Goldberg Variations."
(b) His Steinway.
(c) His watch.
(d) His apartments in Vienna and Dusselbrunn.
4. What was Wertheimer's sole decision?
(a) Living with his sister.
(b) Leaving Traich.
(c) Moving to Traich.
(d) His suicide.
5. Where did the narrator escape from during the years he did not see Wertheimer or Glenn?
(a) Florence and Italy.
(b) Frankfurt and Germany.
(c) Vienna and Austria.
(d) Madrid and Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Wertheimer lament about his sister?
2. What was Wertheimer's brother-in-law interested in?
3. How did Glenn die?
4. What was Wertheimer from the moment he was born?
5. How long did Glenn play in public?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)