|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: p. 40-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the weakest of the three friends?
(a) Wertheimer's sister.
(c) The narrator.
2. What happened to Wertheimer's body after his suicide?
(a) It went unidentified for several days.
(b) It froze in the winter.
(c) It rotted.
(d) It was chewed at by dogs.
3. What is "The Loser" about?
(b) A couple.
(c) The relationships of three friends.
(d) A European vacation.
4. Where did Glenn and Wertheimer move to?
(a) A small cottage.
(b) The country.
(c) An island.
(d) The city.
5. What did Glenn refuse from Wertheimer?
(a) His piano.
(b) His watch.
(c) His invitation to visit him in Traich.
(d) His invitation to dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Wertheimer dislike?
2. Why did the narrator ignore Wertheimer's last card?
3. How long did it take Glenn to change his opinion of Salzburg?
4. Who was the strongest of the three friends?
5. Why did Wertheimer think his sister's husband married her?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)