|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: p. 16-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Wertheimer predict about Glenn's death?
(a) He would committ suicide.
(b) He would die of a stroke.
(c) He would die old and grey.
(d) He would die soon.
2. What does the narrator say about a suicide calculated in advance?
(a) It is pathetic.
(b) It's amusing.
(c) It makes him depressed.
(d) It is not an act of desperation.
3. What did Glenn play at the Salzburg Festival?
(a) "Golden Variety."
(b) "Goldberg Variations."
(d) "A Medley."
4. What did the narrator and Wertheimer relinquish after studying with Glenn?
(a) Attempts to be piano virtuosos.
(b) Glenn's control.
(d) To be open homosexuals.
5. Where did the trio of friends live when they studied together?
(a) A dorm.
(c) An inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what did Glenn barricade himself?
2. How did Glenn die?
3. What did Glenn and Wertheimer not tolerate?
4. Why did the narrator study music?
5. What is the narrator tormented by?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)