|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: p. 145-153.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator advise Wertheimer of after he quit playing the piano?
(a) To compete with Glenn.
(b) To never play again.
(c) To start playing again.
(d) To perform with Glenn.
2. What was Wertheimer from the moment he was born?
(b) A pianist.
(c) A loser.
(d) A rich boy.
3. What does the narrator consider a misfortune?
(a) To never hear Glenn play the piano.
(b) To never play music.
(c) To never hear the piano.
(d) To be born into a wealthy family.
4. What reason does the narrator repeatedly give for Wertheimer's suicide?
(a) Being second best to Glenn.
(b) His abandonment.
(c) His sister's abandonment
(d) Glenn's death.
5. What did Glenn nickname the narrator?
(b) The loser.
(c) Candy Man.
(d) The philosopher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Wertheimer go without playing the piano?
2. Who did NOT improve his talents through isolation?
3. What did the narrator learn about the last few weeks of Wertheimer's life?
4. What did the innkeeper praise Wertheimer for?
5. What did the trio of friends never worry about?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)