|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rosie worry about when she was old enough to go to school?
2. What does Herriot use to hit a bull who was charging him?
3. What did Barnett do when his animal died?
4. What started Rosie's talent that Herriot loved so much?
5. What kind of party did Herriot crash in Istanbul?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Nielsen do for Herriot during the large storms on the way back to England?
2. What happened when the White puppies bit their owners?
3. What happened to Rip?
4. Why did the ship stop in Poland?
5. How did Herriot feel about the trend of removing bull horns?
6. How did Bramble win first place in a cow show?
7. How did Siegfried get Biggins to followhis instructions?
8. What did Herriot say Jack Scott did for all of his animals?
9. Why was Herriot not able to make a good phone call while in Istanbul?
10. Who did Herriot think will miss him the most when he left the ship and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kinds of things did Herriot do during his voyage to Russia that built strong friendships with the people on board the ship with him?
Essay Topic 2
A few different animals in this book showed the effects of a lack of discipline from their owners. What were these examples, and how did Herriot respond when dealing with those animals in his own clinic?
Essay Topic 3
Tristan was a minor person in this story whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered Herriot's life? What would have happened differently if Tristan had not been in Herriot's life at all?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)