|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the plane Herriot tried to buy tickets for to get home from Istanbul?
(a) It was hijacked.
(b) It went to the wrong location.
(c) It crashed into the sea.
(d) It was not allowed to fly.
2. What did Herriot first think Biggins's cow had died of?
3. How do the brothers feel when their first insurance company drops their coverage?
4. What was wrong with Ron Cundall's dog?
(a) He cut his paw.
(b) He was bit by a snake.
(c) He had a bone in his throat.
(d) His back legs were paralyzed.
5. What was unexpected to Herriot about his second trip of the book?
(a) He was travelling by plane.
(b) It was on the same ship.
(c) The pay was less than promised.
(d) He was the only veterinarian on the trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Walt Barnett's occupation?
2. When did Herriot say Biggins usually called him?
3. What was the name of the ship Herriot took to Russia?
4. How many mean White puppies were there?
5. What did Herriot's clinic buy when artificial insemination became a new trend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Brandy to lose his vivacious nature?
2. What happened when Herriot tried to talk about Gearge Bernard Shaw with a farmer?
3. What funny habit did Brandy have?
4. Who did Herriot think will miss him the most when he left the ship and why?
5. How did Bramble win first place in a cow show?
6. Why was Herriot so relieved to land in Istanbul?
7. What rumor did Herriot hear about the plane he tried to buy tickets to fly home from Istanbul on?
8. Why did the ship stop in Poland?
9. What did Herriot say Jack Scott did for all of his animals?
10. What did the brothers do after buying insurance policies?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)