|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Biggins want iodine for?
(a) A cow with a wooden tongue.
(b) To kill a stray cat.
(c) To treat an open wound.
(d) Water purification.
2. What kind of animal did Walt Barnett own?
3. What did Rosie say that calmed the animal that almost hurt her.
(b) Stop Now.
4. What did Jimmy become?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A veterinarian.
5. What kind of animal did Herriot look after on his second trip in the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did farmers start removing from their bulls in Chapter 33?
2. What did Herriot feel like he was really called to do when he got to the Derrick's house?
3. What was wrong with Walt Barnett's animal?
4. How did Herriot try to pay for himself to get home from Istanbul?
5. What was wrong with Ron Cundall's dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Herriot not able to make a good phone call while in Istanbul?
2. How did Herriot feel about the trend of removing bull horns?
3. How did Herriot's friend feel about Herriot's job at the ending of his day de-horning bulls?
4. Who did Herriot say felt the most stress at recitals and why?
5. Why was Herriot so relieved to land in Istanbul?
6. What rumor did Herriot hear about the plane he tried to buy tickets to fly home from Istanbul on?
7. What did Nielsen do for Herriot during the large storms on the way back to England?
8. What caused Brandy to lose his vivacious nature?
9. What happened when Herriot tried to talk about Gearge Bernard Shaw with a farmer?
10. How did Jimmy perform at the piano recital described in the book?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)