|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rosie worry about when she was old enough to go to school?
(a) That her father would miss her.
(b) That he wouldn't know where to find things.
(c) That she wouldn't learn as much.
(d) That Herriot would be overworked.
2. What country did Herriot land in on his anniversary?
3. What kind of party did Herriot crash in Istanbul?
(a) Bar Mitvah.
4. What was Walt Barnett's occupation?
(a) Scrap metal collector.
5. What did Herriot credit his seaworthiness to?
(a) Distracted mind.
(c) Sturdy build.
(d) Full stomach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rosie say that calmed the animal that almost hurt her.
2. What did Siegfried inject Biggins's cow with?
3. What did Herriot say changed the behavior of the mean White puppies?
4. What did Brandy get his nose stuck in?
5. What did Biggins want iodine for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Herriot think will miss him the most when he left the ship and why?
2. What happened when the White puppies bit their owners?
3. How did Herriot's friend feel about Herriot's job at the ending of his day de-horning bulls?
4. How did Herriot feel about the trend of removing bull horns?
5. Why did the ship stop in Poland?
6. Why was Herriot not able to make a good phone call while in Istanbul?
7. What did Nielsen do for Herriot during the large storms on the way back to England?
8. What happened to the Derricks in this book?
9. What rumor did Herriot hear about the plane he tried to buy tickets to fly home from Istanbul on?
10. What caused Brandy to lose his vivacious nature?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)