|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the ship's cook?
2. What was the Derrick's animal nibbling on when he got there?
(c) Cheese curds.
3. Where did Crooks send Herriot on his second trip in the book?
4. What caused the first ailments of Walt Barnett's animal?
(a) Poisoned food.
(b) A fight.
(c) Rubber bands.
(d) A miscarried pregnancy.
5. What famous writer broke his leg the same time as a calf?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Edgar Allen Poe.
(c) George Bernard Shaw.
(d) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal did Herriot look after on his second trip in the book?
2. What did Jimmy become?
3. What did Herriot say changed the behavior of the mean White puppies?
4. What was Ron Cundall's occupation?
5. What did Herriot's clinic buy when artificial insemination became a new trend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Herriot think will miss him the most when he left the ship and why?
2. What rumor did Herriot hear about the plane he tried to buy tickets to fly home from Istanbul on?
3. What did Herriot say Jack Scott did for all of his animals?
4. Why did the ship stop in Poland?
5. What happened to the Derricks in this book?
6. What happened to Rip?
7. How did Herriot feel about the trend of removing bull horns?
8. Why was Herriot so relieved to land in Istanbul?
9. Why were the men on the ship so nice to Herriot on the day they landed in Poland?
10. Why was Herriot not able to make a good phone call while in Istanbul?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)