|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Herriot do to get Josh's dog to start breathing?
(a) Patted his back.
(b) Gave him a shot.
(c) Blew in his nostrils.
(d) Whirled him around by the tail.
2. How did Herriot try to get to Bret Kealy's farm?
(a) He paddled a canoe.
(b) He used skis.
(c) He drove his car.
(d) He walked on foot.
3. What did Miss Grantley routinely ask Herriot to run tests on for her animals?
4. What is Herriot able to do in Chapter 12 that the rest of the crew is not able to?
5. What kind of animal was Herriot caring for in his first trip of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal was the injection shown to Herriot meant to treat?
2. How does Raun feel when Herriot treats the sheep in Chapter 12?
3. What was the name of Herriot's daughter?
4. What about his trip to Russia does Herriot describe in Chapter 12?
5. What made Herriot think the food on the ship to Russia would be sparse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Mongolian Russians feel when they were captured, and why?
2. What did Herriot laugh about when he went to help Mr. Ripley and why?
3. Why did Herriot not get paid for helping the man in Chapter 2?
4. What did Miss Grantley use the clinic for?
5. What caused Herriot to threaten to not take his son on any more calls?
6. Who was Amber, and how did Herriot treat her?
7. What did the man in Chapter 2 think was wrong with his dog?
8. What did Herriot want to see most in Russia, and why?
9. How did the owner of the animal Herriot accidentally killed respond to the incident?
10. Why did Herriot think the cow with the Cesarian section would die?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)