|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was wrong with Bret Kealy's daughter's animal after it gave birth?
(a) It didn't recognize its own young.
(b) It lost too much blood.
(c) It stopped breathing.
(d) It didn't have milk.
2. What was the name of Herriot's daughter?
3. What surprised Herriot about his wife when she went into labor with their daughter?
(a) She was giggling.
(b) She was in so much pain.
(c) She was so calm.
(d) She was quiet and intense.
4. What new medicine did Herriot use when he returned to veterinary work?
5. What did Herriot learn from his experiences with Robert?
(a) To forgive others.
(b) To not place blame.
(c) To respect education.
(d) To be open minded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Josh like to rub between his fingers?
2. What interfered with sewing the cow back up in Chapter 8?
3. What animal did Bret Kealy's daughter raise?
4. Who showed Herriot an injection to cure an animal ailment?
5. How does Raun feel when Herriot treats the sheep in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the bull with the stomach tumor controlled in Chapter 6?
2. Why did Herriot get upset with the student helping him with the Cesarian section?
3. What did Herriot laugh about when he went to help Mr. Ripley and why?
4. What did the man in Chapter 2 think was wrong with his dog?
5. How did Herriot accidentally kill an animal?
6. How did the Mongolian Russians feel when they were captured, and why?
7. What did Herriot say would have happened had he been present for the actual delivery of his daughter, and why is this so ironic?
8. How did the owner of the animal Herriot accidentally killed respond to the incident?
9. What had changed about his profession when Herriot returned from the military?
10. How did Siegfried find out that the car salesman had lied to him?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)