|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the wagon for the cows in Istanbul?
(a) The hoist is jammed.
(b) The radiator is cracked.
(c) The wrong size was ordered.
(d) The engine is leaking.
2. What was the name of the ship's cook?
3. Where did Herriot have to go in Istanbul to use a phone?
(a) The library.
(b) The post office.
(c) The airport.
(d) The Brittish Embassy.
4. What instrument did Jimmy play?
5. What started Rosie's talent that Herriot loved so much?
(a) A journal entry.
(b) An old record.
(c) A choir concert.
(d) A radiogram.
6. What did Biggins want iodine for?
(a) To kill a stray cat.
(b) To treat an open wound.
(c) Water purification.
(d) A cow with a wooden tongue.
7. What number cow presented a problem in Istanbul?
8. What talent did Rosie have that Herriot loved?
9. What did Herriot say changed the behavior of the mean White puppies?
(a) They were judged.
(b) They fell sick.
(c) They got complained about.
(d) They bit their owners.
10. What kind of animal did Herriot look after on his second trip in the book?
11. What did Herriot credit his seaworthiness to?
(a) Full stomach.
(c) Sturdy build.
(d) Distracted mind.
12. What was Walt Barnett's occupation?
(d) Scrap metal collector.
13. What was wrong with Ron Cundall's dog?
(a) He had a bone in his throat.
(b) He cut his paw.
(c) He was bit by a snake.
(d) His back legs were paralyzed.
14. Who did Herriot say was most helped by the artificial insemination trend?
15. What kind of dog was Brandy?
(d) Cocker Spaniel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attribute did Herriot say the person who got his semen sample had a lot of?
2. What kind of animal did Walt Barnett own?
3. What happened to the plane Herriot tried to buy tickets for to get home from Istanbul?
4. What word did Herriot use to describe the first set of mean Whites?
5. What cured Ron Cundall's dog?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)