|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Herriot say Biggins usually called him?
(a) When he had no money to give.
(b) When it was too late.
(c) When he was too busy.
(d) When his wife complained.
2. What instrument did Jimmy play?
3. What did Rosie like doing with Herriot?
(a) Cleaning surgical equipment.
(b) Teaching at the university.
(c) Going on house calls.
(d) Travelling to lectures.
4. Why did Jimmy say he enjoyed music?
(a) It was soothing.
(b) It was exciting.
(c) It was mysterious.
(d) It was challenging.
5. Where did Herriot have to go in Istanbul to use a phone?
(a) The post office.
(b) The airport.
(c) The library.
(d) The Brittish Embassy.
6. What was wrong with Ron Cundall's dog?
(a) He was bit by a snake.
(b) His back legs were paralyzed.
(c) He cut his paw.
(d) He had a bone in his throat.
7. What did Siegfried say made the Whites such mean dogs?
(a) They were underfed.
(b) They were pampered.
(c) They were not separated.
(d) They were beat.
8. What was wrong with the cow that almost hurt Rosie?
(a) It had a tumor.
(b) It had an infection.
(c) It had a prolapsed uterus.
(d) It had an abcess.
9. What was Jack Scott's occupation?
10. What happened to the plane Herriot tried to buy tickets for to get home from Istanbul?
(a) It crashed into the sea.
(b) It was hijacked.
(c) It went to the wrong location.
(d) It was not allowed to fly.
11. What did Herriot's clinic buy when artificial insemination became a new trend?
(a) A semen extractor.
(b) All of these.
(c) An incubator.
(d) An artificial vagina.
12. What was wrong with Walt Barnett's animal?
(a) It had a cut leg.
(b) It had digestive problems.
(c) It had a blind eye.
(d) It had an infected uterus.
13. Where did Crooks send Herriot on his second trip in the book?
14. What kind of party did Herriot crash in Istanbul?
(c) Bar Mitvah.
15. What did Herriot credit his seaworthiness to?
(a) Full stomach.
(b) Distracted mind.
(c) Sturdy build.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous writer broke his leg the same time as a calf?
2. What kind of dog did Ron Cundall own?
3. What started Rosie's talent that Herriot loved so much?
4. Why was the tablecloth in the mess hall kept wet during the storm?
5. What was Walt Barnett's occupation?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)