|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Herriot credit his seaworthiness to?
(a) Sturdy build.
(c) Full stomach.
(d) Distracted mind.
2. How did Herriot try to pay for himself to get home from Istanbul?
(a) Personal check.
(b) Company check.
(c) IOU notes.
3. What did Herriot's clinic buy when artificial insemination became a new trend?
(a) A semen extractor.
(b) All of these.
(c) An artificial vagina.
(d) An incubator.
4. What did Rosie like doing with Herriot?
(a) Teaching at the university.
(b) Going on house calls.
(c) Travelling to lectures.
(d) Cleaning surgical equipment.
5. How many animals did Herriot look after on his second trip of the book?
6. Why did Jimmy say he enjoyed music?
(a) It was exciting.
(b) It was mysterious.
(c) It was soothing.
(d) It was challenging.
7. What was unexpected to Herriot about his second trip of the book?
(a) It was on the same ship.
(b) He was the only veterinarian on the trip.
(c) He was travelling by plane.
(d) The pay was less than promised.
8. What happened shortly after two brothers bought insurance policies?
(a) They stopped working.
(b) They got in frequent accidents.
(c) They fired their help.
(d) They moved out of the area.
9. What was Mrs. Livingston's occupation?
(b) Farm hand.
(c) Music teacher.
(d) Veterinarian assistant.
10. What did Herriot say Brandy was full of?
11. What kind of animal almost hurt Rosie one day while she was with Herriot?
(a) A bull.
(b) A cow.
(c) A rooster.
(d) A horse.
12. What did Barnett do when his animal died?
(d) Walked away in silence.
13. What famous writer broke his leg the same time as a calf?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(c) Edgar Allen Poe.
(d) George Bernard Shaw.
14. Where did Crooks send Herriot on his second trip in the book?
15. What number cow presented a problem in Istanbul?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Herriot say changed the behavior of the mean White puppies?
2. What did Siegfried say made the Whites such mean dogs?
3. Where did Herriot have to go in Istanbul to use a phone?
4. What was Ron Cundall's occupation?
5. What caused the first ailments of Walt Barnett's animal?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)