|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Herriot want his stories to feel to the reader?
2. What did Herriot's partner want a spare of for the clinic?
(a) A car.
(b) A bone saw.
(c) A surgical table.
(d) A clinic site.
3. Why did Herriot not get paid for treating the dog in Chapter 2?
(a) Herriot owed the owner a favor.
(b) The dog recovered so fast.
(c) The owner was too poor.
(d) The dog died.
4. What did Herriot realize had not changed when he returned to veterinary work?
(a) His methods.
(b) His clientelle.
(c) His partner.
(d) His clinic.
5. How were the Mongolian Russians able to help Herriot?
(a) They held down large animals.
(b) They cleaned up after surgeries.
(c) They went on his farm calls.
(d) They did his paper work.
6. What did Josh like to rub between his fingers?
7. What does Robert complain to Herriot about after his cow with the kidney problem is cured?
(a) The cow who died.
(b) The lack of milk the cow now produces.
(c) The length of time it took to fix the cow.
(d) The penicillin bottles left in the barn.
8. What surprised Herriot about his wife when she went into labor with their daughter?
(a) She was so calm.
(b) She was in so much pain.
(c) She was quiet and intense.
(d) She was giggling.
9. What was the name of Herriot's assistant on the ship to Russia?
10. What did a sailor ask Herriot to show him on his first trip?
(a) How to sleep with the sound of the animals.
(b) How to calm an angry animal.
(c) How to tie a proper knot.
(d) How to feed the animals.
11. Where was the injection shown Herriot supposed to be given to animals?
(a) The foot.
(b) The neck.
(c) A vein.
(d) The stomach.
12. What fell on Herriot at the beginning of the book?
(a) A fence post.
(b) A ladder.
(c) A mail box.
(d) A gate.
13. Why did Herriot hesitate to treat the dog in Chapter 2?
(a) He didn't like the owner.
(b) He disapproved of the races.
(c) He didn't believe the dog was sick.
(d) He knew he would not get paid.
14. What about his trip to Russia does Herriot describe in Chapter 12?
(a) Some dolphins.
(b) The scenery.
(c) The captain.
(d) A storm.
15. How many cattle died on an earlier voyage of the same ship the sheep were on?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who captured the Mongolian Russians?
2. What was the name of Herriot's town?
3. What did the supervisor take samples of when the ship got to Russia?
4. What were most veterinarians in Herriot's time specializing in?
5. How did Herriot try to get to Bret Kealy's farm?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)