|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Herriot show continued gratitude to on the trip?
(a) The chef.
(b) The first mate.
(c) The captain.
(d) The steward.
2. Why was travel limited when Bret Kealy's daughter's animal gave birth?
(a) There is no travel at night during the war.
(b) The snow is too high.
(c) The roads are all flooded.
(d) Petroleum is limited.
3. What surprised Herriot about his wife when she went into labor with their daughter?
(a) She was so calm.
(b) She was in so much pain.
(c) She was quiet and intense.
(d) She was giggling.
4. How were the Mongolian Russians able to help Herriot?
(a) They went on his farm calls.
(b) They did his paper work.
(c) They cleaned up after surgeries.
(d) They held down large animals.
5. Who helped Siegfried and Herriot in the practice?
6. What did Herriot want to see most in Russia?
(a) A miliatary base.
(b) A market place.
(c) A school.
(d) A hospital.
7. What was wrong with the cow that was thought to have a broken leg?
(a) It had an infection.
(b) It had an inflamed knee.
(c) It had a hobnail.
(d) It had a split hoof.
8. What was Josh Anderson's occupation?
9. How did Herriot say his assistant on the ship treated the sheep?
10. What did Crooks fill a bottle with?
(b) Grass seeds from Herriot's yard.
(c) Air from his first surgery.
(d) Sand from the farm.
11. What kind of animal did Miss Grantley own many of?
12. What did Herriot learn from his experiences with Robert?
(a) To be open minded.
(b) To respect education.
(c) To not place blame.
(d) To forgive others.
13. How did Herriot feel about the accommodations for the animals on his first trip?
(a) They were adequate.
(b) They were small.
(c) They were luxurious.
(d) They were dirty.
14. What did Josh like to rub between his fingers?
15. Where was the injection shown Herriot supposed to be given to animals?
(a) The neck.
(b) The stomach.
(c) The foot.
(d) A vein.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fell on Herriot at the beginning of the book?
2. When did the man's dog in Chapter 2 get sick?
3. How long was the injection shown to Herriot supposed to take to work on the animal ailment?
4. What did Josh say allowed him to read people's thoughts?
5. What was pushing the small farmers out of business?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)