|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Herriot think the food on the ship to Russia would be sparse?
(a) The poor rations.
(b) The limited staff.
(c) The small kitchen.
(d) The bad first meal.
2. How did Herriot try to get to Bret Kealy's farm?
(a) He used skis.
(b) He drove his car.
(c) He paddled a canoe.
(d) He walked on foot.
3. What was the first port the ship to Russia landed at?
4. What did Josh like to rub between his fingers?
5. What fell on Herriot at the beginning of the book?
(a) A mail box.
(b) A fence post.
(c) A gate.
(d) A ladder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Josh's dog?
2. How did Herriot describe his first impression of his daughter?
3. What did Herriot do when he saw that the farmer at the beginning of the book had not fulfilled his promise?
4. How did Herriot feel about his accommodations on the ship of his first trip?
5. How many men were needed to help the injured cow in Chapter 6?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)