|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Herriot doing when he accidentally killed an animal?
(a) Trying to treat it.
(c) Digging a well.
(d) Plowing a field.
2. Why does the cow in Chapter 8 need a surgery?
(a) She has an infected cut.
(b) She has a growing tumor.
(c) She is giving birth to a large calf.
(d) She has mad cow disease.
3. What kind of surgery is Herriot doing when his son climbs a tree?
(a) Thorn extraction.
(c) Tumor removal.
4. What does Robert complain to Herriot about after his cow with the kidney problem is cured?
(a) The lack of milk the cow now produces.
(b) The cow who died.
(c) The penicillin bottles left in the barn.
(d) The length of time it took to fix the cow.
5. What about his trip to Russia does Herriot describe in Chapter 12?
(a) The scenery.
(b) Some dolphins.
(c) A storm.
(d) The captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owned the cattle Herriot was working with at the beginning of the book?
2. What did Herriot want to see most in Russia?
3. How did Herriot feel about his accommodations on the ship of his first trip?
4. What animal did Bret Kealy's daughter raise?
5. What would happen if the injection shown to Herriot was given in the wrong spot?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)