|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Herriot's partner want a spare of for the clinic?
(a) A car.
(b) A clinic site.
(c) A bone saw.
(d) A surgical table.
2. What did some of the sheep on the ship to Russia show signs of having after the first few days?
3. What made Herriot think the food on the ship to Russia would be sparse?
(a) The poor rations.
(b) The small kitchen.
(c) The limited staff.
(d) The bad first meal.
4. How were the Mongolian Russians able to help Herriot?
(a) They cleaned up after surgeries.
(b) They went on his farm calls.
(c) They held down large animals.
(d) They did his paper work.
5. What kind of animal was Herriot caring for in his first trip of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of surgery is Herriot doing when his son climbs a tree?
2. What was wrong with the cow that was thought to have a broken leg?
3. What did a sailor ask Herriot to show him on his first trip?
4. What was the first sickness that Herriot attended to while on the ship with the sheep?
5. Why did Herriot hesitate to treat the dog in Chapter 2?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)