|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was pushing the small farmers out of business?
(a) High land prices.
(c) Big farming.
(d) All of these.
2. What did Herriot's student accidentally cut open during the surgery in Chapter 8?
(a) The uterus.
(b) A kidney.
(c) The liver.
(d) A stomach.
3. What was wrong with the cow that was thought to have a broken leg?
(a) It had a hobnail.
(b) It had an inflamed knee.
(c) It had a split hoof.
(d) It had an infection.
4. What worried Herriot's son most when he heard he wouldn't be able to go on calls anymore?
(a) His mother would be disappointed.
(b) Someone else would wear his boots.
(c) He wouldn't learn to be a veterninarian.
(d) He would have to play with other kids.
5. What was the name of Herriot's partner?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Herriot feel about the accommodations for the animals on his first trip?
2. When did the man's dog in Chapter 2 get sick?
3. What fell on Herriot at the beginning of the book?
4. How did Herriot describe most of his meals on the ship to Russia?
5. How did the Mongolian Russians feel when they were captured?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)