|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Herriot describe most of his meals on the ship to Russia?
(a) Military quality.
(b) Chef quality.
(c) Grand quality.
(d) Prison quality.
2. How did Herriot feel about the accommodations for the animals on his first trip?
(a) They were luxurious.
(b) They were small.
(c) They were adequate.
(d) They were dirty.
3. What major injury did a cow sustain in Chapter 6?
(a) Stomach tumor.
(b) Uteran inversion.
(c) Leg infection.
(d) Hip dislocation.
4. What kind of tree did Herriot's son climb to see a surgery?
5. Who gave Herriot the idea for the surgery he performs in Chapter 8?
(b) A medical student.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Herriot show continued gratitude to on the trip?
2. What was the name of Herriot's assistant on the ship to Russia?
3. What were most veterinarians in Herriot's time specializing in?
4. What did some of the sheep on the ship to Russia show signs of having after the first few days?
5. What did Herriot have to do after treating the cow that was thought to have a broken leg?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)