|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the man's dog in Chapter 2 get sick?
(a) When the sun was shining.
(b) When he went to church.
(c) When he went to the races.
(d) When he checked his mail.
2. What was the name of Herriot's assistant on the ship to Russia?
3. Who captured the Mongolian Russians?
4. What kind of boots did Herriot's son want when he was little?
(d) Fishing waiters.
5. Why does the cow in Chapter 8 need a surgery?
(a) She has a growing tumor.
(b) She has an infected cut.
(c) She is giving birth to a large calf.
(d) She has mad cow disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What worried Herriot's son most when he heard he wouldn't be able to go on calls anymore?
2. What new medicine did Herriot use when he returned to veterinary work?
3. How many calves did the cow from Chapter 8 give birth to after her surgery?
4. What kind of surgery did Herriot perform on a cow in Chapter 8?
5. What was the name of Herriot's son who wanted special boots?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)