|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Herriot travel to in his first trip of the book?
2. What did a sailor ask Herriot to show him on his first trip?
(a) How to sleep with the sound of the animals.
(b) How to feed the animals.
(c) How to calm an angry animal.
(d) How to tie a proper knot.
3. What kind of tree did Herriot's son climb to see a surgery?
4. Who owned the cattle Herriot was working with at the beginning of the book?
(a) Mr. Riley.
(b) Mr. Ripley.
(c) Mr. Radley.
(d) Mr. Riddley.
5. What worried Herriot's son most when he heard he wouldn't be able to go on calls anymore?
(a) He would have to play with other kids.
(b) He wouldn't learn to be a veterninarian.
(c) Someone else would wear his boots.
(d) His mother would be disappointed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major injury did a cow sustain in Chapter 6?
2. What was wrong with the cow that was thought to have a broken leg?
3. What kind of animal was Herriot caring for in his first trip of the book?
4. What kind of surgery is Herriot doing when his son climbs a tree?
5. What occupation did Herriot have before this book?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)