|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of boots did Herriot's son want when he was little?
(c) Fishing waiters.
2. What did a sailor ask Herriot to show him on his first trip?
(a) How to feed the animals.
(b) How to tie a proper knot.
(c) How to sleep with the sound of the animals.
(d) How to calm an angry animal.
3. What did Herriot do when he saw that the farmer at the beginning of the book had not fulfilled his promise?
(c) Left the farm.
(d) Charged extra.
4. What kind of tree did Herriot's son climb to see a surgery?
5. When did the man's dog in Chapter 2 get sick?
(a) When the sun was shining.
(b) When he went to the races.
(c) When he checked his mail.
(d) When he went to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new medicine did Herriot use when he returned to veterinary work?
2. What fell on Herriot at the beginning of the book?
3. How did the Mongolian Russians feel when they were captured?
4. How did Herriot feel about his accommodations on the ship of his first trip?
5. What was wrong with the cow that was thought to have a broken leg?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)