|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miss Prickett?
2. Where is the scene of Genevieve's defeat?
3. What does Alyss forbid Dodge to do in her presence?
4. Who is Alyss irritated with because she was expecting them to be with her while she watched the parade?
5. What does people believe will ensure Wonderland's survival?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hatter escape from his captors in France?
2. Why does Dodge hit Jack of Diamonds?
3. When Hatter Madigan jumps into the Pool of Tears for the first time with Alyss, where is he transported?
4. What does Alyss have to do when she spells her name wrong in England?
5. Why is silence outlawed after Redd takes over?
6. How does Nolan know he needs to warn the Queen about Redd?
7. Where do Alyss and Dodge hide when Redd is fighting Queen Geneieve?
8. How does Redd justify her behavior as a young child?
9. What kills all the vegetation in the streets of Wondertropolis?
10. Who is in Queen Genevieve's private sitting room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was General Doppelganger able to split in half? How does his name fit his character? General Doppelganger is a character has the special ability to multiply himself into several identical halves of himself. Analyze the character of General Doppelganger.
Essay Topic 2
How is Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland different from The Looking Glass Wars? Read Alice in Wonderland. Compare and contrast the two stories analyzing the differences and reasons for those differences.
Essay Topic 3
Women of Victorian England were very different from the women of today. How were Victorian women expected to behave?
How do women today behave? Compare and contrast the English women in the novel to women in modern time. Analyze the differences and similarities.
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)