|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Redd ensure allegiance from the remaining card families?
(a) Redd suggests the families will get more money, land and titles.
(b) She suggests she will cut off all of their heads if they disobey her.
(c) Redd says she will choose one of them to marry.
(d) She suggests she will choose one of them to become her heir to the throne.
2. Why do the Liddells want Alice to stop telling her stories?
(a) They feel she is being ungrateful.
(b) They do not want to punish her for lying.
(c) They are embarrassed.
(d) They want her to get married.
3. Why does Alyss not get along with the other children at the foundling hospital?
(a) They thinks she feels superior to them all.
(b) They do not like the attention she receives from the staff.
(c) They all think Alyss is crazy.
(d) They are not as smart as Alyss is and do not like that she is educated.
4. What does Redd's reign thrive on?
(a) Violence and Black imagination.
(b) Deceit and uncertainty.
(c) Deceit and violence.
(d) Uncertainty and violence.
5. Who is equal to The Cat in skill?
(a) Hatter Madigan.
(b) Dodge Anders.
(c) Queen Genevieve.
6. What does Bibwit think is the cause of Redd's evilness?
(a) Redd likes to torture.
(b) Redd was born evil.
(c) He did not teach Redd enough.
(d) Redd's uses of Black Imagination.
7. Why does Alyss follow Quigly upon first meeting him?
(a) She is afraid to be alone.
(b) He forces her to go with him.
(c) She needs a friend.
(d) She needs clean clothes.
8. What is Alyss' command to Dodge when they are alone in the Dining Room?
(a) She tells Dodge to kiss her.
(b) Dodge is told to dance with her, then pretend he has to fight off Redd and her soldiers.
(c) She asks Dodge to pretend they are battling Redd's army.
(d) Dodge is commanded to take her outside of the castle.
9. Why does Dodge want to return to Heart Castle?
(a) To find and kill the Catt for revenge.
(b) To try to find Alyss and Hatter.
(c) To find and kill Redd for revenge.
(d) To retrieve his father's body for burial.
10. What makes up Wonderland's Parliament?
(a) The Lords and Ladies of Wondertropolis.
(b) The royal family and their friends.
(c) The Diamond, Club and Spade coalition.
(d) The Lord and Lady Diamond family.
11. What do the generals give to Dodge?
(a) A rook to keep him safe during his return.
(b) Heart Crystal medals for his father.
(c) Admiration for his determination to return for his father.
(d) A Chessman to keep him safe when he returns.
12. King Nolan is traveling back home. Where has he been traveling?
(a) The Volcanic Plains
(d) The Borderlands.
13. Why is it unpleasant for Alyss to meet some of Quigly's friends?
(a) Because she is another mouth to feed.
(b) Many of Quigly's friends are mean.
(c) They do not like newcomers.
(d) Some of them do not want to share with Alyss.
14. Why does Hatter decide to jump into the Pool of Tears?
(a) It is the only way to escape The Cat.
(b) He believes Alyss will return.
(c) He is tasked with protecting Alyss.
(d) The seekers are upon them.
15. Where is the scene of Genevieve's defeat?
(a) The South Dining room.
(b) The queen's chambers.
(c) The Heart Palace ballroom.
(d) The Heart Crystal room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does King Nolan know they will soon be under attack by Redd?
2. How do Alyss an Hatter escape the dining room and Redd?
3. What is the first thing Bibwit wants Alyss to learn during her tutoring lessons?
4. What happens when Redd claims the Heart Crystal and the queendom?
5. Who does Hatter trust the most?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)