|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What friend, who had helped Moitessier build other boats, inspired him to figure out how to make repairs now?
(a) Bill King.
(b) Nigel Tetley.
(d) Henry Wakelam.
2. What did Moitessier decide to do after passing Tasmania?
(a) Not to try to contact anyone.
(b) To put in for supplies.
(c) To leave the race.
(d) To return home.
3. How close to New Zealand did Moitessier pass?
(a) 120 miles.
(b) 40 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 310 miles.
4. What sail allowed Moitessier to sail in light air?
(a) The jib.
(b) The mizzen.
(c) The Genoa.
(d) The topsail.
5. How far from Vietnam was Moitessier when he picked up Vietnamese radio?
(a) Thousands of miles.
(b) Ten miles.
(c) Thirty miles.
(d) Two hundred miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Moitessier try to determine whether there was a gale coming as he approached Australia?
2. What was Moitessier's yacht named?
3. How did Moitessier reconnoiter the town he saw in Trinidad?
4. Where had Moitessier sailed a junk?
5. What did Moitessier see around his boat after passing Tasmania?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was the Taicong, and how did he work?
2. What were conditions like when Moitessier approached the Cape Agulhas lighthouse, and did he accomplish what he set out to do by approaching land?
3. What was Moitessier looking for as he approached South Australia?
4. Describe Moitessier's passage past New Zealand.
5. What company did Moitessier have after rounding Cape of Leeuwin?
6. What were conditions when Moitessier rounded the Cape of Good Hope?
7. What was Moitessier fantasizing about as Christmas approached?
8. How did Moitessier plan to communicate at sea?
9. What was Moitessier afraid of after rounding the Cape of Good Hope?
10. What did Moitessier see when he arrived in Trinidad?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)