|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Moitessier avoid off the coast of Tasmania?
(a) A gale.
(b) A reef and a rock.
2. What kind of boat did Moitessier sail in the race?
3. Where did Moitessier begin his trip around the world?
(a) Penzance, England.
(b) Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
(c) Portsmouth, England.
(d) Plymouth, England.
4. What voyage did Moitessier think back to as he was approaching Tasmania?
(a) Cruising in the Mediterranean.
(b) Cruising the Indian Ocean.
(c) Cruising the Gulf of Siam.
(d) Cruising the Bay of Fundy.
5. Who interpreted the weather on the boats Moitessier sailed as a youth?
(a) The Taicong.
(b) The mate.
(c) The captain.
(d) The weatherman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Moitessier film following his ship?
2. What friend, who had helped Moitessier build other boats, inspired him to figure out how to make repairs now?
3. When did Moitessier begin to prepare for his trip around the world?
4. What kind of boat did Moitessier sail in the race?
5. What did Moitessier see after passing Tasmania?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Moitessier fantasizing about as Christmas approached?
2. What was Moitessier afraid of after rounding the Cape of Good Hope?
3. Describe the harbor where Moitessier arrived in Trinidad.
4. What were conditions like when Moitessier approached the Cape Agulhas lighthouse, and did he accomplish what he set out to do by approaching land?
5. Describe the fish that followed Moitessier's boat.
6. What chore could Moitessier only perform in calm weather?
7. What wildlife did Moitessier see on his trip?
8. How did Moitessier plan to communicate at sea?
9. What were Moitessier's Christmas meditations?
10. What was Moitessier looking for as he approached South Australia?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)