|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Moitessier see as he approached Cape Horn?
(a) Shooting stars.
(b) Aurora Borealis.
(c) A solar eclipse.
(d) A lunar eclipse.
2. What illusion did Moitessier have at the Cape of Good Hope?
(a) That he was sinking.
(b) That a man was laughing at him.
(c) That he was at home.
(d) That he was making record speeds.
3. How much distance was Moitessier covering in a day after good winds returned after rounding the Cape of Good Hope?
(a) 100 miles.
(b) 50 miles.
(c) 160 miles.
(d) 80 miles.
4. What happened to the fisherman who got magic powers when he saved a talking fish in the story?
(a) He married the woman the fish turned into.
(b) He was drowned when he tried to follow the fish.
(c) He became a fish as well.
(d) He lost his powers when he asked for too much.
5. What had been used to make a jetty in the port at Trinidad?
(b) Houses flooded in old storms.
(c) Old tires.
(d) A sunken ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state was Moitessier in when he fell asleep on Christmas?
2. What was Moitessier's yacht named?
3. Where was Moitessier tempted to stop in Capetown?
4. How did Moitessier typically sleep in good conditions?
5. Who interpreted the weather on the boats Moitessier sailed as a youth?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)