|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Moitessier see after passing Tasmania?
(c) The mountains of South New Zealand.
2. What did Moitessier hope was communicated from his contact with the town in Trinidad?
(a) The message he passed to the boat that came to meet him.
(b) The film he dropped off.
(c) The letters on his sail.
(d) The message he communicated with Morse code.
3. Where was the boat when Moitessier woke up from his sleep?
(a) 56 miles from the Horn.
(b) 28 miles from the Horn.
(c) 15 miles from the Horn.
(d) 130 miles from the Horn.
4. What did Moitessier do when he was about 300 miles from the Cape of Good Hope?
(a) Throw stuff overboard to lighten the ship.
(b) Stop for supplies.
(c) Stop for repairs.
(d) Transmit his location to a passing ship.
5. What gift did Moitessier accept from journalists?
(a) A transmitter.
(d) A camera.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Moitessier typically sleep in good conditions?
2. Which competitors did Moitessier say were supposed to keep in radio contact?
3. What were the conditions on Christmas?
4. Where on the Beaufort scale was the wind as Moitessier approached Cape Horn?
5. In which ocean was Moitessier knocked down twice?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)