|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Moitessier do when he was about 300 miles from the Cape of Good Hope?
(a) Transmit his location to a passing ship.
(b) Stop for supplies.
(c) Stop for repairs.
(d) Throw stuff overboard to lighten the ship.
2. What was dangerous about what Moitessier was thinking about south of Australia?
(a) Passing too close to Antarctica.
(b) Passing close to Tasmania.
(c) Getting caught in a typhoon.
(d) Sharks around the Barrier Reef.
3. What theme was Moitessier reading on, now that he was docked?
(a) The future of human progress.
(b) The history of Southeast Asia.
(c) Whether progress had gone too far.
(d) The development of the materials used on sailboats.
4. How did Moitessier celebrate his birthday?
(a) With fresh fish.
(b) By writing about his voyage.
(c) By making repairs.
(d) With champagne.
5. What did Moitessier think the porpoises were trying to tell him as he passed New Zealand?
(a) To have dinner.
(b) To turn right.
(c) To turn north.
(d) To pay attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Moitessier call civilization?
2. What news did Moitessier get about the race on the BBC radio?
3. What was Moitessier wondering about when he rounded the Horn?
4. What Bible passage were characters debating in the book Moitessier was reading?
5. What did Moitessier want to send to the Sunday Times?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)