|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Nigel Tetley's boat named?
2. What interaction did Moitessier have with the birds that followed his boat?
(a) He fed one by hand.
(b) He was tried to keep them off the deck.
(c) He killed them and ate them.
(d) He killed them because they were nuisances.
3. How did Moitessier communicate with the freighter at first?
(a) With a mirror for Morse code.
(b) With semaphore flags.
(c) With a radio.
(d) With a can and a slingshot.
4. Which competitor did Moitessier believe he had heard news of?
5. What did Moitessier remember his Chinese nursemaid telling him about as a child?
(a) His parents' hopes for him.
(b) The difference between right and wrong.
(c) The organization of the universe.
(d) The god in everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Moitessier see as he approached Cape Horn?
2. What danger was Moitessier on the lookout for as he passed Cape Horn?
3. What did Moitessier dream about as he approached Cape Horn?
4. What did Moitessier do to celebrate Christmas?
5. What is the old saying about gales and stars?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)