|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were conditions like as Moitessier was approaching Capetown for the second time?
(a) Moderate winds but strong seas.
(d) Fine sailing weather.
2. What kind of boat did Moitessier sail in the race?
3. How long had Moitessier been sailing by the time he anchored?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 16 months.
(c) 22 months.
(d) 14 months.
4. What was Moitessier thinking about when he was sailing south of Australia?
(a) What his competitors were up to.
(b) Getting supplies.
(c) Making repairs.
(d) Reporting his position.
5. What allowed Moitessier's ship to sail so quickly?
(a) Its revolutionary design.
(b) The calm weather.
(c) Its light weight.
(d) Its extraordinary sail area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Moitessier think the porpoises were trying to tell him as he passed New Zealand?
2. What book of the Bible did Moitessier meditate on at Christmas?
3. Who interpreted the weather on the boats Moitessier sailed as a youth?
4. What did Moitessier imagine after he decided where he was going to end his voyage?
5. What did Moitessier want to send to the Sunday Times?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)