|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much water did Moitessier capture after rounding the Cape of Good Hope?
(a) 32 gallons.
(b) 16 gallons.
(c) 80 gallons.
(d) 8 gallons.
2. What did Moitessier see after passing Tasmania?
(a) The mountains of South New Zealand.
3. What parallel did Moitessier steer by as he headed to Cape Horn?
(a) The 42nd parallel.
(b) The 48th parallel.
(c) The 38th parallel.
(d) The 63rd parallel.
4. What did Moitessier watch after rounding the Cape of Good Hope?
(a) The sails.
(b) The birds that follow his ship.
(c) The water.
(d) His food supply.
5. Where did Moitessier get close to other ships?
(a) Prudhomme Bay.
(b) Walker Bay.
(d) Biscayne Bay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Moitessier do when the barometer dropped as Moitessier approached Cape Horn?
2. What allowed Moitessier's ship to sail so quickly?
3. What news did Moitessier get about the race on the BBC radio?
4. What distinction does Cape Horn have of the three capes?
5. What was Nigel Tetley's boat named?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)