|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Moitessier think back to on Christmas?
(a) Having ham at home.
(b) Sailing in England.
(c) Having Christmas with his wife.
(d) Killing a rat in Tahiti.
2. How much distance was Moitessier covering in a day after good winds returned after rounding the Cape of Good Hope?
(a) 80 miles.
(b) 50 miles.
(c) 160 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
3. What did Moitessier see as he approached Cape Horn?
(a) A solar eclipse.
(b) A lunar eclipse.
(c) Shooting stars.
(d) Aurora Borealis.
4. What was Moitessier thinking about when he was sailing south of Australia?
(a) Reporting his position.
(b) Getting supplies.
(c) What his competitors were up to.
(d) Making repairs.
5. What part of the freighter hit Moitessier's boat?
(a) The side.
(b) The stern.
(c) The bow.
(d) The boom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Moitessier see around his boat after passing Tasmania?
2. What did Moitessier watch after rounding the Cape of Good Hope?
3. How is Moitessier progressing when he enters the Pacific Ocean?
4. What did Moitessier see after passing Tasmania?
5. What were the glowing balls Moitessier saw on the staysail and in the sea?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)