|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interpreted the weather on the boats Moitessier sailed as a youth?
(a) The mate.
(b) The weatherman.
(c) The captain.
(d) The Taicong.
2. Where did Moitessier get close to other ships?
(a) Prudhomme Bay.
(c) Walker Bay.
(d) Biscayne Bay.
3. What did Moitessier use to increase leverage when he was making repairs?
(a) A pry bar.
(b) A spare staysail boom.
(c) The mast.
(d) Spare line.
4. What did Moitessier remember the weather interpreter needing in order to interpret the weather?
5. How close to New Zealand did Moitessier pass?
(a) 120 miles.
(b) 40 miles.
(c) 310 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Moitessier fantasize about at Christmas?
2. How far from Vietnam was Moitessier when he picked up Vietnamese radio?
3. What did Moitessier do when he was about 300 miles from the Cape of Good Hope?
4. What was the danger of sailing the way Moitessier sailed as he approached Cape Horn?
5. What did Moitessier see when he first spied the town in Trinidad?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)