|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Moitessier communicate off Tasmania?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A fishing boat.
(c) A cargo ship.
(d) A yacht.
2. What fear did Moitessier have about his navigation as he neared the Cape of Good Hope?
(a) He did not want to steer too far north in search of the strong current.
(b) He did not want to sail too far east in search of the calm seas.
(c) He did not want to sail too far west in search of shore breezes.
(d) He did not want to sail too far south looking for good wind.
3. What did Moitessier fantasize about at Christmas?
(a) Being at his childhood home.
(b) Being with his wife.
(c) Peace with rats.
(d) Human charity.
4. How much water did Moitessier capture after rounding the Cape of Good Hope?
(a) 16 gallons.
(b) 8 gallons.
(c) 32 gallons.
(d) 80 gallons.
5. What interaction did Moitessier have with the birds that followed his boat?
(a) He fed one by hand.
(b) He was tried to keep them off the deck.
(c) He killed them because they were nuisances.
(d) He killed them and ate them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Moitessier thinking about when he was sailing south of Australia?
2. How did Moitessier reconnoiter the town he saw in Trinidad?
3. What gift did Moitessier accept from journalists?
4. What were conditions like when Moitessier was approaching Trinidad?
5. What kind of boat did Moitessier sail in the race?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)