|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Moitessier's wife's name?
2. How did Moitessier reconnoiter the town he saw in Trinidad?
(a) By climbing the mast.
(b) By walking around.
(c) By rowing ashore.
(d) By signal flare-light.
3. What mechanical device did Moitessier use to make his more involved repairs?
(a) A wheel.
(b) A fulcrum.
(c) A pulley system.
(d) A windlass.
4. What friend, who had helped Moitessier build other boats, inspired him to figure out how to make repairs now?
(a) Nigel Tetley.
(b) Bill King.
(c) Henry Wakelam.
5. What damage did Moitessier suffer at 31 degrees latitude?
(a) Water damage.
(c) Torn sails.
(d) A smashed window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interpreted the weather on the boats Moitessier sailed as a youth?
2. What is the old saying about gales and stars?
3. How did Moitessier celebrate his birthday?
4. When did the bird disappear, that had been following Moitessier's boat?
5. What was Moitessier following when he passed the Canary Islands?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)