|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Moitessier running low on after rounding the Cape of Good Hope?
(b) Cooking fuel.
2. What did Moitessier fantasize about at Christmas?
(a) Human charity.
(b) Being at his childhood home.
(c) Peace with rats.
(d) Being with his wife.
3. What did Moitessier think the porpoises were trying to tell him as he passed New Zealand?
(a) To turn right.
(b) To have dinner.
(c) To pay attention.
(d) To turn north.
4. Where is Trinidad?
(a) Off the coast of Morocco.
(b) Off the coast of India.
(c) Off the coast of France.
(d) Off the coast of Brazil.
5. Where did Moitessier hit the doldrums?
(a) At Gibraltar.
(b) At the Cape of Good Hope.
(c) At the Canary Islands.
(d) At the Cape Verde Islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Moitessier's previous boat?
2. What allowed Moitessier's ship to sail so quickly?
3. Where did Moitessier recall having sailed in earlier days?
4. What did Moitessier remember that happened on his previous boat?
5. What happened to the fisherman who got magic powers when he saved a talking fish in the story?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)