|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were conditions like when Moitessier was approaching Trinidad?
(a) Light winds, rough water.
(b) Smooth sailing.
(c) Confused breezes.
(d) Heavy gales.
2. What was Moitessier's strategy in the around the world race?
(a) To sail with the dominant currents.
(b) To sail with the warm weather.
(c) To save the capes until the end.
(d) To pass the three capes early.
3. What did Moitessier think back to on Christmas?
(a) Having ham at home.
(b) Sailing in England.
(c) Having Christmas with his wife.
(d) Killing a rat in Tahiti.
4. Which competitor did Moitessier believe he had heard news of?
5. What mechanical device did Moitessier use to make his more involved repairs?
(a) A pulley system.
(b) A fulcrum.
(c) A windlass.
(d) A wheel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What repair could Moitessier make quickly after the collision with the freighter?
2. What kind of boat did Moitessier sail in the race?
3. What did Moitessier do when he hit light winds after passing Trinidad?
4. What was a good speed for Moitessier's ship?
5. What did Moitessier think the porpoises were trying to tell him as he passed New Zealand?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)