|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Moitessier communicate off Tasmania?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A yacht.
(c) A fishing boat.
(d) A cargo ship.
2. Who interpreted the weather on the boats Moitessier sailed as a youth?
(a) The captain.
(b) The mate.
(c) The weatherman.
(d) The Taicong.
3. What was dangerous about what Moitessier was thinking about south of Australia?
(a) Passing too close to Antarctica.
(b) Passing close to Tasmania.
(c) Sharks around the Barrier Reef.
(d) Getting caught in a typhoon.
4. What allowed Moitessier's ship to sail so quickly?
(a) Its light weight.
(b) The calm weather.
(c) Its extraordinary sail area.
(d) Its revolutionary design.
5. How did Moitessier reconnoiter the town he saw in Trinidad?
(a) By rowing ashore.
(b) By walking around.
(c) By climbing the mast.
(d) By signal flare-light.
Short Answer Questions
1. What damage did Moitessier suffer at 31 degrees latitude?
2. What kind of boat did Moitessier sail in the race?
3. What were the conditions when Moitessier passed the Cape Agulhas lighthouse?
4. What happened after Moitessier approached the town in Trinidad?
5. Where did Moitessier begin his trip around the world?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)