|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Moitessier hit the doldrums?
(a) At the Cape of Good Hope.
(b) At the Cape Verde Islands.
(c) At Gibraltar.
(d) At the Canary Islands.
2. What was Moitessier running low on after rounding the Cape of Good Hope?
(b) Cooking fuel.
3. What was Moitessier thinking about when he was sailing south of Australia?
(a) Getting supplies.
(b) Reporting his position.
(c) Making repairs.
(d) What his competitors were up to.
4. Who interpreted the weather on the boats Moitessier sailed as a youth?
(a) The weatherman.
(b) The mate.
(c) The captain.
(d) The Taicong.
5. What kind of birds did Moitessier see on his way to the Cape of Leeuwin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the old saying about gales and stars?
2. What was dangerous about what Moitessier was thinking about south of Australia?
3. What broke Moitessier's sextant?
4. What did Moitessier capture in a bucket?
5. What did the things do that Moitessier captured in his bucket?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)