|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Moitessier try to communicate his condition?
(a) By putting messages in bottles.
(b) By radio.
(c) By making two little boats with messages.
(d) By stopping in an Australian port.
2. How did Moitessier try to determine whether there was a gale coming as he approached Australia?
(a) He read the sun's position.
(b) He read the wind.
(c) He read the clouds.
(d) He read the secondary swell.
3. Why was Moitessier anxious after rounding the Cape of Good Hope?
(a) He had not heard from the other racers.
(b) He had missed his rendezvous with a supply ship.
(c) He had lost some equipment overboard.
(d) He was running out of food.
4. With whom did Moitessier communicate off Tasmania?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A fishing boat.
(c) A yacht.
(d) A cargo ship.
5. Where did Moitessier begin his trip around the world?
(a) Portsmouth, England.
(b) Plymouth, England.
(c) Penzance, England.
(d) Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Moitessier see when he first spied the town in Trinidad?
2. What fear did Moitessier have about his navigation as he neared the Cape of Good Hope?
3. Which of the following were NOT friends of Moitessier's who were also sailing in the race?
4. What part of the freighter hit Moitessier's boat?
5. What were the conditions when Moitessier passed the Cape Agulhas lighthouse?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)