|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Moitessier look for as he approached Cape Horn?
(a) A gale.
(b) Other ships.
(d) The Southern Cross.
2. Who interpreted the weather on the boats Moitessier sailed as a youth?
(a) The captain.
(b) The Taicong.
(c) The weatherman.
(d) The mate.
3. What were the glowing balls Moitessier saw on the staysail and in the sea?
(a) Dead squid.
(c) Small fish.
4. What kind of boat did Moitessier sail in the race?
5. What was Moitessier thinking about his competitors when he rounded Cape Horn?
(a) Whether they had been faster.
(b) How much water they had.
(c) Whether they had made it.
(d) How much food they had.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the fisherman who got magic powers when he saved a talking fish in the story?
2. What was Moitessier's average speed at the beginning of his trip?
3. What did Moitessier compare to a vibration on a boat?
4. What did Moitessier remember that happened on his previous boat?
5. What did Moitessier see as he approached Cape Horn?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)