|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Moitessier dream about after rounding Cape Horn?
(a) His wife's father.
(b) Communicating with friends.
(c) His childhood friends.
(d) Having a baby.
2. Why was Moitessier anxious after rounding the Cape of Good Hope?
(a) He had missed his rendezvous with a supply ship.
(b) He had lost some equipment overboard.
(c) He was running out of food.
(d) He had not heard from the other racers.
3. How did Moitessier celebrate his birthday?
(a) With champagne.
(b) By making repairs.
(c) With fresh fish.
(d) By writing about his voyage.
4. How close to New Zealand did Moitessier pass?
(a) 100 miles.
(b) 120 miles.
(c) 310 miles.
(d) 40 miles.
5. What did Moitessier decide to do after passing Tasmania?
(a) To put in for supplies.
(b) To return home.
(c) To leave the race.
(d) Not to try to contact anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What friend, who had helped Moitessier build other boats, inspired him to figure out how to make repairs now?
2. What had been used to make a jetty in the port at Trinidad?
3. What did the things do that Moitessier captured in his bucket?
4. What did Moitessier think back to on Christmas?
5. What did Moitessier hope was communicated from his contact with the town in Trinidad?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)