Chapter 1 and 2
1. When did Moitessier begin to prepare for his trip around the world?
2. Where did Moitessier begin his trip around the world?
(a) Portsmouth, England.
(b) Penzance, England.
(c) Plymouth, England.
(d) Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
3. What was Moitessier's wife's name?
4. What organization sponsored the round-the-world race?
(a) The International Herald Tribune.
(b) The Sunday Times.
(c) The Globe and Mail.
(d) The British government.
5. Which of the following were NOT friends of Moitessier's who were also sailing in the race?
(b) Nigel Tetley.
(c) Bill King,
6. What gift did Moitessier accept from journalists?
(b) A camera.
(d) A transmitter.
7. How was Moitessier going to communicate with others during the race?
(a) By leaving messages in bottles.
(b) By relaying messages through other ships.
(c) By passing certain ports.
(d) By leaving messages in different ports.
8. What was Nigel Tetley's boat named?
9. What was Moitessier's yacht named?
This section contains 4,266 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)