Chapter 1 and 2
• Moitessier prepares for a solo round-the-world race sponsored by the Sunday Times.
• Accepting a camera, Moitessier refuses a heavy transmitter, which limits his ability to communicate.
• From Plymouth, Moitessier sails to Madeira, then toward Trinidad, where he is followed by flying fish.
Chapter 3 and 4
• Approaching a harbor in Trinidad, Moitessier does not see human activity ashore, and he does not see the boat he was hoping to see.
• Leaving Trinidad, Moitessier washes the hull of his boat in calm seas.
• Moitessier's strategy is to pass the three great capes early in the summer: the Cape of Good Hope, of Leeuwin, and the Horn.
Chapter 5 and 6
• Near Walker Bay, South Africa, Moitessier passes a message to a freighter, but also collides with it.
• Rigging up his own tools, Moitessier repairs his mast and bowsprit.
• When the ship is knocked down, his sextant is broken, and he repairs...
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)