|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the soldier who gives Garraty his third warning look like?
(a) Older with white blond hair.
(b) Middle-age and graying.
(c) Young and dark.
(d) Young and blond.
2. In Chapter 15, what Walker begins screaming repeatedly?
3. What state is Scramm from?
4. What is the soldier wearing on his wrist?
(c) Solid-state computer with a sonar device.
5. What is waiting for the Walkers on the entrance ramp of the turnpike in Chapter 11?
(a) A marching band.
(b) The Major.
(c) Television news crew.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Garraty, whose hair was going gray before he died?
2. What day of the week was it that Garraty found out that he was selected for the Walk?
3. When the Walkers are only thirteen miles from Freeport, how many Walkers remain?
4. What does Parker call the crowds in Augusta?
5. What is on the t-shirt of the boy in the crowd who points out Scramm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What upsets McVries about the boys in the leather jackets at the front?
2. What happens to Garraty's leg in Chapter 13?
3. In Garraty's mind, why are there probably pine trees planted on the median in Chapter 11?
4. How does Barkovitch die?
5. Why does Garraty feel a twinge of excitement when he sees a turnpike sign saying that Oldtown is sixteen miles away?
6. Why does Garraty want to see Barkovitch in Chapter 14?
7. What is more gruesome about Olson's murder than most of the previous ones? What reactions are there?
8. In Chapter 15, who is the Vegas favorite? What are his odds and why does it look like Vegas may be right?
9. Why does McVries pull Garraty away from his girlfriend?
10. What does McVries compare the walk to in Chapter 14?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)