|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the soldier wearing on his wrist?
(a) Solid-state computer with a sonar device.
2. What is the man who is holding up a sign about the Panama Canal wearing?
(b) A suit.
(c) An Uncle Sam suit.
(d) A bird outfit.
3. What is Scramm most likely ill with?
4. According to Garraty, whose hair was going gray before he died?
5. In Chapter 11, who says, "God help us an' points south"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date when the Walkers pass through Oldtown?
2. What approximate time did the Walkers reach Oldtown?
3. What road do the Walkers take out of Augusta?
4. What does Garraty tell McVries about Barkovitch winning in Chapter 9?
5. When the Walkers are only thirteen miles from Freeport, how many Walkers remain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What upsets McVries about the boys in the leather jackets at the front?
2. In Chapter 11, the boys are honored by the color guard. How do the Walkers respond and why?
3. Why does McVries pull Garraty away from his girlfriend?
4. Why does Garraty feel a twinge of excitement when he sees a turnpike sign saying that Oldtown is sixteen miles away?
5. Garraty was once frightened by a movie starting Robert Mitchum. What was the movie about and why is Garraty thinking about it?
6. What does Stebbins mean when he says to Garraty, "Maybe it's your edge"?
7. In Garraty's mind, why are there probably pine trees planted on the median in Chapter 11?
8. What does Garraty reveal about Jimmy Owens in Chapter 11?
9. When it becomes inevitable that Scramm will die, what do the other Walkers decide to do?
10. How does Barkovitch die?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)