|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two Walkers sit down on the road in Chapter 12?
(a) Joe and Scramm.
(b) Mike and Joe.
(c) Pearson and Scramm.
(d) Scramm and Mike.
2. Who wants a lead sleeve in their coffin so that the rats don't get to him?
3. What tribe are the two brothers members of?
4. What does the soldier who gives Garraty his third warning look like?
(a) Young and dark.
(b) Middle-age and graying.
(c) Young and blond.
(d) Older with white blond hair.
5. Who says to Garraty, "you're the bee's knees"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what Walker begins screaming repeatedly?
2. What is waiting for the Walkers on the entrance ramp of the turnpike in Chapter 11?
3. Who is Garraty's mother's friend who tries to talk him out of the race and what does he do for a living?
4. Who took the test on the spur of the moment because he had his Work Permit that allowed him into the gym?
5. Whom does the woman scream for at the end of Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pearson's plan for when he feels like he can't go on and why won't it work, according to Garraty?
2. What does McVries do to try to keep Garraty from obsessing over the time?
3. Why does Garraty feel a twinge of excitement when he sees a turnpike sign saying that Oldtown is sixteen miles away?
4. What does Garraty reveal about Jimmy Owens in Chapter 11?
5. What would Garraty like to be doing on an 80-degree day if he weren't on the walk?
6. How does Barkovitch die?
7. When Garraty resumes walking in Chapter 13, why does he feel resentful?
8. Why does McVries pull Garraty away from his girlfriend?
9. When it becomes inevitable that Scramm will die, what do the other Walkers decide to do?
10. What does Stebbins mean when he says to Garraty, "Maybe it's your edge"?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)