|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I still want to live" in Chapter 11?
2. Garraty remembers getting water cramps once after drinking a lot of ice-cold water. What activity had made him so thirsty?
(a) Helping neighbors get in their hay.
(b) Hiking with his dad.
(c) A stomach virus.
(d) Running track.
3. What is on the t-shirt of the boy in the crowd who points out Scramm?
(a) A lion.
(b) Visit Maine.
(c) Randy the Robot.
(d) Sesame Street.
4. Who is Garraty's mother's friend who tries to talk him out of the race and what does he do for a living?
(a) Mr. McBain, school principal.
(b) Dr. Patterson, diagnostician.
(c) Dr. Gerard, pediatrician.
(d) Mr. Fields, lawyer.
5. What three Walkers did people from out-of-state cheer for?
(a) Barkovitch, Pearson, Wyman.
(b) Parker, McVries, Johnson.
(c) Olson, Abraham, Washington.
(d) Scramm, Baker, Abraham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Garraty's spine feel like in Chapter 14?
2. After an almost pink streak in the sky, what did the air smell like?
3. What causes Garraty to stumble when walking on the median in Chapter 11?
4. Where do the brothers come from?
5. What number was Abraham drawn as from the list of Walkers?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Garraty resumes walking in Chapter 13, why does he feel resentful?
2. How does Barkovitch respond to Garraty's proposal in Chapter 12?
3. What does McVries do to try to keep Garraty from obsessing over the time?
4. In Chapter 11, the boys are honored by the color guard. How do the Walkers respond and why?
5. In Garraty's mind, why are there probably pine trees planted on the median in Chapter 11?
6. Why does Garraty feel a twinge of excitement when he sees a turnpike sign saying that Oldtown is sixteen miles away?
7. In Chapter 15, who is the Vegas favorite? What are his odds and why does it look like Vegas may be right?
8. What upsets McVries about the boys in the leather jackets at the front?
9. What is Pearson's plan for when he feels like he can't go on and why won't it work, according to Garraty?
10. What had Garraty's girlfriend said about his going on the Long Walk?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)