|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time did McVries have from the time he was notified until the walk would start?
(a) One hour.
(b) One week.
(c) Three days.
(d) Ten hours.
2. What does Garraty's spine feel like in Chapter 14?
(a) Blue rod of fire.
(c) Splintered broomstick.
(d) Pins and needles.
3. Who is Garraty's mother's friend who tries to talk him out of the race and what does he do for a living?
(a) Dr. Gerard, pediatrician.
(b) Mr. Fields, lawyer.
(c) Dr. Patterson, diagnostician.
(d) Mr. McBain, school principal.
4. How do the Walkers plan on responding to what awaits them on the entrance ramp of the turnpike in Chapter 11?
(a) By standing in place.
(b) Mooning the crowd.
(c) Ignoring it.
(d) A forty-six man raspberry.
5. What three Walkers did people from out-of-state cheer for?
(a) Olson, Abraham, Washington.
(b) Barkovitch, Pearson, Wyman.
(c) Parker, McVries, Johnson.
(d) Scramm, Baker, Abraham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Abraham and Baker doing when Chapter 13 begins?
2. Baker says there's a reservation close to his home. What tribe lives on the reservation?
3. Where do the brothers come from?
4. What is waiting for the Walkers on the entrance ramp of the turnpike in Chapter 11?
5. What does Parker call the crowds in Augusta?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Garraty want to see Barkovitch in Chapter 14?
2. What does McVries do to try to keep Garraty from obsessing over the time?
3. What is more gruesome about Olson's murder than most of the previous ones? What reactions are there?
4. When Garraty resumes walking in Chapter 13, why does he feel resentful?
5. How does Barkovitch die?
6. What upsets McVries about the boys in the leather jackets at the front?
7. In Chapter 15, who is the Vegas favorite? What are his odds and why does it look like Vegas may be right?
8. What had Garraty's girlfriend said about his going on the Long Walk?
9. What does Stebbins mean when he says to Garraty, "Maybe it's your edge"?
10. What does McVries compare the walk to in Chapter 14?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)