|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants a lead sleeve in their coffin so that the rats don't get to him?
2. Who is Garraty's mother's friend who tries to talk him out of the race and what does he do for a living?
(a) Dr. Patterson, diagnostician.
(b) Mr. McBain, school principal.
(c) Mr. Fields, lawyer.
(d) Dr. Gerard, pediatrician.
3. Garraty remembers getting water cramps once after drinking a lot of ice-cold water. What activity had made him so thirsty?
(a) Hiking with his dad.
(b) A stomach virus.
(c) Running track.
(d) Helping neighbors get in their hay.
4. What does Garraty's spine feel like in Chapter 14?
(a) Splintered broomstick.
(b) Blue rod of fire.
(d) Pins and needles.
5. When the Walkers are only thirteen miles from Freeport, how many Walkers remain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scramm most likely ill with?
2. After an almost pink streak in the sky, what did the air smell like?
3. According to Garraty, whose hair was going gray before he died?
4. In Chapter 15, what Walker begins screaming repeatedly?
5. Who is the Walker who hasn't talked to anyone in two hours nor touched his canteen in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Parker's analogy about crackers and how they compare to the Walkers.
2. What is more gruesome about Olson's murder than most of the previous ones? What reactions are there?
3. What upsets McVries about the boys in the leather jackets at the front?
4. In Garraty's mind, why are there probably pine trees planted on the median in Chapter 11?
5. How does Barkovitch die?
6. What does Garraty reveal about Jimmy Owens in Chapter 11?
7. What would Garraty like to be doing on an 80-degree day if he weren't on the walk?
8. Why does Garraty feel a twinge of excitement when he sees a turnpike sign saying that Oldtown is sixteen miles away?
9. When the Walkers reach the 115-mile mark at the beginning of Chapter 9, what locations do they still have ahead of them and in what direction are they headed?
10. What happens to Garraty's leg in Chapter 13?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)