|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what was the longest minute of the longest night of Garraty's entire life?
(a) One minute after midnight.
(b) Three-thirty in the morning.
(c) Five-thirty in the morning.
2. How many boys are still on the Long Walk when Chapter 4 ends?
3. What embarrasses Number 31 in Chapter 2?
(a) Tripping over his shoelaces.
(b) Getting the first warning of the Long Walk.
(c) His mother calling his name.
(d) Being called "fatso" by another boy.
4. Garraty panics in Chapter 6 when none of the faces around him are familiar. What does he briefly wonder?
(a) Whether he's successfully snuck away from the walk.
(b) Whether he's about to get his ticket.
(c) If he's wandered off the road to join hiking Boy Scouts.
(d) If he's dead.
5. After Harkness receives his ticket, what gas station do the Walkers approach?
6. Which Walker got his ticket after the first town?
7. Who receives Number 100?
8. What is Baker regularly popping into his mouth in Chapter 8?
9. Whose quote begins Chapter 1?
(a) Groucho Marx.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Bob Dylan.
(d) John F. Kennedy.
10. What does Garraty call the twelve miles of zigzag roads in Chapter 7?
(a) Augusta Forest.
(b) Hainesville Woods.
(c) Trucker's Hell.
(d) Maine Switchback.
11. In Chapter 6, whom does Garraty realize is gone when he looks around at 4 a.m.?
(a) No one.
12. When the boys "wake" in Chapter 6, what does McVries offer Garraty to eat?
(a) A food tube.
(d) Cheese and crackers.
13. Why was everyone disappointed with Caribou in Chapter 4?
(a) Because there were no crowds.
(b) Because no one was shot.
(c) Because it was just like Limestone.
(d) Because it was raining.
14. Who says that if he had a dollar that he would put it on Garraty to win?
15. How old is Stebbins?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since Garraty has seen his father?
2. How fast must the boys walk not to receive a warning?
3. What is compared to old silk in Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 1, what is the skinny blond boy in the tree eating?
5. Who says, "We want to die, that's why we're doing it"?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)