|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. McVries loses it in Chapter 6 and challenges the soldiers to a fight and receiving how many warnings?
2. Which Walker has a fit of hysteria as they pass the 100-mile mark?
3. How much is bet on the Long Walk each year?
(a) None; betting's not allowed.
(b) 50 million.
(c) Five million.
(d) Two billion.
4. In Chapter 4, who sits down at the top of the hill, saying that he only wants to rest?
5. How many boys die during Part I of "The Long Walk"?
6. Who says, "My home is Barsoom, Mars"?
7. What does Davidson tell the other boys about Zuck?
(a) That he's in the lead.
(b) That he was shot.
(c) That he's disappeared into the woods.
(d) That he's bleeding like a stuck pig.
8. Who receives Number 100?
9. Where does Davidson tell the others that he got drunk?
(a) School field trip.
(b) Steubenville State Fair.
(c) Barnum & Bailey Circus.
(d) High school football game.
10. Who says, "Just go on dancing with me like this forever"?
11. Who is writing down everyone's name and number at the beginning and for what purpose?
(a) Harkness wants to write a book.
(b) Barkovitch in order to tell them all that he will dance on their graves.
(c) Baker wants to meet all the Walkers.
(d) Curley is keeping a record of everyone.
12. Garraty panics in Chapter 6 when none of the faces around him are familiar. What does he briefly wonder?
(a) Whether he's successfully snuck away from the walk.
(b) Whether he's about to get his ticket.
(c) If he's wandered off the road to join hiking Boy Scouts.
(d) If he's dead.
13. What kind of car does Ray Garraty drive up in?
(a) White Chevrolet.
(b) Green Jeep.
(c) Black pickup truck.
(d) Blue Ford.
14. What was the profession of Baker's uncle?
15. What embarrasses Number 31 in Chapter 2?
(a) Getting the first warning of the Long Walk.
(b) His mother calling his name.
(c) Being called "fatso" by another boy.
(d) Tripping over his shoelaces.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Conserve energy whenever possible" is which hint?
2. Who says, "We want to die, that's why we're doing it"?
3. After Harkness receives his ticket, what gas station do the Walkers approach?
4. What is the date when Chapter 5 begins?
5. Why does McVries get a warning in Chapter 3?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)