|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many boys receive their ticket on the hill in Chapter 4?
2. Which number is the first to receive a ticket?
3. Whom did Garraty play doctor with when he was five years old?
(b) His next door neighbor.
4. "Conserve energy whenever possible" is which hint?
(a) Hint Thirteen.
(b) Hint Five.
(c) Hint One.
(d) Hint Nineteen.
5. How many boys die during Part I of "The Long Walk"?
6. Who is writing down everyone's name and number at the beginning and for what purpose?
(a) Harkness wants to write a book.
(b) Curley is keeping a record of everyone.
(c) Barkovitch in order to tell them all that he will dance on their graves.
(d) Baker wants to meet all the Walkers.
7. What kind of car does Ray Garraty drive up in?
(a) Green Jeep.
(b) Black pickup truck.
(c) White Chevrolet.
(d) Blue Ford.
8. In Chapter 3, why is Stebbins walking hunched over?
(a) Because he's cold.
(b) He's trying to hide the fact that he's crying.
(c) To protect his jelly sandwich.
(d) He's having a cramp.
9. In Chapter 6, what was the longest minute of the longest night of Garraty's entire life?
(a) One minute after midnight.
(b) Three-thirty in the morning.
(d) Five-thirty in the morning.
10. What number is Garraty?
11. What does Garraty tell the other boys about his father?
(a) His dad died.
(b) His dad beat his mom.
(c) His dad was Squaded.
(d) His dad was a Walker.
12. Who says that Porterville is the only town where there are more graveyards than people?
(a) Garraty's mother.
(c) Garraty's father.
(d) The Major.
13. Who gets three warnings due to a charley horse in Chapter 2?
14. In Chapter 8, who describes the Long Walk as "the next thing to suicide"?
15. In Chapter 3, what tube did Garraty have for dinner?
(b) Pork paste.
(c) Processed tuna fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of Baker's uncle?
2. How much is bet on the Long Walk each year?
3. Who is responsible for the sign that the Walkers see that supports Garraty in Chapter 5?
4. What does Garraty call the twelve miles of zigzag roads in Chapter 7?
5. Which Walker got his ticket after the first town?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)