|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the abandoned, crumbling building have written across it?
(a) Good luck, Walkers.
(b) Out of business.
(c) Eureka Grange No. 81.
(d) Garraty is our man!
2. What town is mentioned in Chapter 2 as seven miles away?
(b) Old Town.
3. How long has it been since Garraty has seen his father?
(a) Five years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Eleven years.
4. What is the third boy who gets shot wearing?
(a) Sweatshirt and baggy camouflage pants.
(b) Blue sweater and white clamdiggers.
(c) Denim jacket and jeans.
(d) Red tee shirt and black pants.
5. In Chapter 7, what game are Baker and Abraham playing?
(a) I Spy.
(b) License tag game.
(d) Twenty questions.
6. Which number is the first to receive a ticket?
7. Who is responsible for the sign that the Walkers see that supports Garraty in Chapter 5?
(a) His high school friends.
(b) Aroostook County Parent's Association.
(c) The merchant's association.
(d) Old Town High School.
8. Who receives Number 100?
9. How old is Garraty?
10. According to Garraty, what is Maine's state capital?
(b) Old Town.
(d) Bar Harbor.
11. How many boys receive their ticket on the hill in Chapter 4?
12. What happens at 3 p.m. in Chapter 3?
(a) It starts raining.
(b) Another boy is shot.
(c) The group comes to their next town.
(d) Garraty finishes his first day's dinner.
13. When Chapter 8 begins, Ray vows to wait until at least what time before he eats anything?
(b) Nine o'clock.
(c) Ten o'clock.
14. Garraty recalls reading a story in eighth grade about the crowds that gather at fatal accidents. Who wrote the story?
(a) Stephen King.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Ray Bradbury.
(d) Isaac Asimov.
15. Who brought raw hamburger for the walk?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what tube did Garraty have for dinner?
2. Whose quote begins Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 6, what was the longest minute of the longest night of Garraty's entire life?
4. Who was placed in a police cruiser in Chapter 4?
5. Who approaches the Walkers at 5:30 a.m. on May 2?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)