|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is compared to old silk in Chapter 1?
(a) McVries' jacket.
(b) Garraty's mother's cheek.
(c) Garraty's shirt.
(d) Olson's hair.
2. Who asks the other boys about enemas?
3. What embarrasses Number 31 in Chapter 2?
(a) Tripping over his shoelaces.
(b) Getting the first warning of the Long Walk.
(c) Being called "fatso" by another boy.
(d) His mother calling his name.
4. When the boys "wake" in Chapter 6, what does McVries offer Garraty to eat?
(a) A food tube.
(b) Cheese and crackers.
5. Who says, "My home is Barsoom, Mars"?
6. Who is Freaky D'Allessio?
(a) One of the Walkers.
(b) A boy who's funeral Garraty attended.
(c) Last year's Long Walk winner.
(d) His best friend at home.
7. Whom does one of the highway repair men have ten bucks bet on?
8. What does Hint 12 recommend?
(a) Wearing hiking shoes.
(b) Wearing athletic socks.
(c) Spacing your food and drink out so as not to cramp up.
(d) Conserving energy.
9. In Chapter 6, whom does Garraty realize is gone when he looks around at 4 a.m.?
(c) No one.
10. Where do the boys expect to see the ocean?
11. How is number 38 Gribble described in Chapter 3?
(a) Like he came from the army.
(b) An athlete.
(c) A Mama's boy.
(d) A bullet headed boy.
12. Who approaches the Walkers at 5:30 a.m. on May 2?
(a) News crews.
(b) The Major.
(c) Garraty's girlfriend.
(d) The major of Augusta.
13. What does Rank do to Barkovitch that is forbidden by the rules?
(a) Takes a swing at Barkovitch.
(b) Gives Barkovitch a drink.
(c) Helps Barkovitch walk.
(d) Knocks Barkovitch down.
14. How old is Stebbins?
15. Why is Garraty fascinated by Scramm?
(a) Because of his moose like build.
(b) Because he is older.
(c) Because of his lack of intelligence.
(d) Because he is married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "We want to die, that's why we're doing it"?
2. Who was placed in a police cruiser in Chapter 4?
3. How long has it been since Garraty has seen his father?
4. Where does Davidson tell the others that he got drunk?
5. In Chapter 6, what was the longest minute of the longest night of Garraty's entire life?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)