|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. McVries loses it in Chapter 6 and challenges the soldiers to a fight and receiving how many warnings?
2. How old is Stebbins?
3. Who wears horn-rimmed glasses with lenses like the bottom of Coke bottles?
4. What embarrasses Number 31 in Chapter 2?
(a) His mother calling his name.
(b) Getting the first warning of the Long Walk.
(c) Being called "fatso" by another boy.
(d) Tripping over his shoelaces.
5. How many warnings does Garraty have when they are almost at 50 miles?
6. Who was placed in a police cruiser in Chapter 4?
(a) One of the soldiers who refused to shoot.
(b) Percy's mother.
(d) A man giving away watermelon.
7. How many boys die during Part I of "The Long Walk"?
8. Who is writing down everyone's name and number at the beginning and for what purpose?
(a) Barkovitch in order to tell them all that he will dance on their graves.
(b) Harkness wants to write a book.
(c) Curley is keeping a record of everyone.
(d) Baker wants to meet all the Walkers.
9. Who says, "Just go on dancing with me like this forever"?
10. Who tries to sneak into the woods in Chapter 7?
11. In Chapter 6, what was the longest minute of the longest night of Garraty's entire life?
(b) Three-thirty in the morning.
(c) Five-thirty in the morning.
(d) One minute after midnight.
12. Which Walker has a fit of hysteria as they pass the 100-mile mark?
13. How much is bet on the Long Walk each year?
(a) None; betting's not allowed.
(b) Five million.
(c) 50 million.
(d) Two billion.
14. What was the profession of Baker's uncle?
15. How many boys receive their ticket on the hill in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rank do to Barkovitch that is forbidden by the rules?
2. Who in Jefferson Plantation puts up a banner congratulating the Walkers on making the 100-mile mark and belonging to this year's "Century Club"?
3. Who describes Barkovitch as "He's just walkin' to see other people die"?
4. Who gets three warnings due to a charley horse in Chapter 2?
5. Garraty panics in Chapter 6 when none of the faces around him are familiar. What does he briefly wonder?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)