|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Day live in Mexico for a time?
(a) To learn Spanish
(b) To help the poor
(c) To dodge some taxes
(d) To hide from Forster
2. What caused Day to pray daily?
(a) It was for an experiment
(b) It angered Forster
(c) It cleared up confusion
(d) It made her happy
3. What did the staff of the Catholic Worker do when they lost something after Peter’s death?
(a) They petitioned
(b) They split up
(c) They changed the name
(d) They prayed
4. What did some people around Day say practicing Philosophy was?
(a) Practicing anxiety
(b) Practicing rhetoric
(c) Practicing religion
(d) Practicing dying
5. What did Day love most about Peter?
(a) He was devoted to God
(b) He was intelligent
(c) He loved children
(d) He was full of life
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Day’s love of nature do for her faith?
2. What service did Forster give when his child was baptized?
3. What kind of science did Forster study?
4. Why did Peter say men should study and discuss?
5. What did Day nourish as she began to attend retreats more often?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Father Zachary help Day?
2. What was Day’s first impression of Peter?
3. What big decision did Day make when she had her baby?
4. What had Peter been heavily involved in before meeting Day?
5. What was Day’s favorite way to help the poor?
6. What were Forster’s political beliefs?
7. What did Day do at these retreats?
8. What gave Day comfort about Peter’s death?
9. What did Day say Peter was never careful enough about in his writing?
10. What did Sasha learn by having his wife’s grandfather live with him?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)