|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Saint did Day compare Peter to?
2. Whose example did Day want to follow when working with the poor?
(b) The Pope
(c) Mother Theresa
3. What did Day love most about Peter?
(a) He was devoted to God
(b) He was full of life
(c) He loved children
(d) He was intelligent
4. What was a regret that Day had in her life?
(a) Not being near her family
(b) Not protecting her daughter from the world
(c) Not finding God soon enough
(d) Not publishing a novel
5. What did Day create with Peter?
(a) A political persuasion
(b) A magazine
(c) A school
(d) A mailing list
Short Answer Questions
1. What was much of Peter’s savings used for?
2. What was Day’s job when she worked for the Commonweal?
3. What kind of science did Forster study?
4. What did Day do when her child was born?
5. What was Day’s first impression of Peter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Day to start praying daily?
2. What did Day do in Mexico?
3. How did Tamar end up in life?
4. Why did Day move to California for a time?
5. What connection did Day have with Eleanor Roosevelt?
6. What was the relationship like between Day and Forster?
7. What did Peter help Day learn about?
8. How did Day’s relationship with Forster end?
9. What did Day say about Peter’s life after his death?
10. What big decision did Day make when she had her baby?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)