|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Sasha married to?
2. Why did Day say some people were compelled to help the poor?
(a) They heard the call from God
(b) They were once poor themselves
(c) They lived with a sense of guilt
(d) They feared becoming poor themselves
3. What was a regret that Day had in her life?
(a) Not protecting her daughter from the world
(b) Not being near her family
(c) Not publishing a novel
(d) Not finding God soon enough
4. What talent did Peter support for Day?
(a) Her music
(b) Her teaching
(c) Her writing
(d) Her photography
5. What kind of people mostly wanted to live in Day and Peter’s Community?
(a) Foreign people
(b) Young people
(c) Educated people
(d) Radical people
Short Answer Questions
1. What was much of Peter’s savings used for?
2. How old was Tamar when she got married?
3. What kind of Community did Peter and Day create?
4. What did Day do when her child was born?
5. What was Father Hugo a master of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Catholic Worker?
2. How did Peter die?
3. What did Day say about Peter’s life after his death?
4. What was the relationship like between Day and Forster?
5. What difficulty did the Catholic Worker face when Peter died?
6. How did the Catholic Worker overcome the difficulty they faced when Peter died?
7. How did Day’s relationship with Forster end?
8. What did Day see about her early Catholicism when she looked back on it?
9. What big decision did Day make when she had her baby?
10. How did Father Zachary help Day?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)