|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Forster have a hard time relating with poor people?
(a) He never would have asked for help
(b) He was never unhappy when he was poor
(c) The thought they should work harder
(d) He suffered very little in his life
2. What was the staff of the Catholic Worker criticized for?
(b) Heavy bias
3. What did Peter say caused men to work?
(a) The Fall
(b) God's Will
(c) War and pestilence
(d) The sins of former generations
4. What did Day do when her child was born?
(a) She wrote an article
(b) She created a sculpture
(c) She gave a speech
(d) She divorced Forster
5. What did Day say was the best way to help the poor?
(a) To go to them directly
(b) To raise taxes
(c) To give charities
(d) To build houses for them
Short Answer Questions
1. What service did Forster give when his child was baptized?
2. What did Day like most about her first Catholic Retreat?
3. How many children did Tamar have?
4. What did Day create with Peter?
5. Who was Sasha married to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Catholic Worker overcome the difficulty they faced when Peter died?
2. What did Day see about her early Catholicism when she looked back on it?
3. What did Day say about Peter’s life after his death?
4. What did Day do at these retreats?
5. What did Sasha learn by having his wife’s grandfather live with him?
6. What criticism did the Catholic Worker receive when it first began?
7. What did Day do in Mexico?
8. What made Day so nervous to have a baby?
9. What surprised Day at Steve’s death?
10. How did Tamar end up in life?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)