|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Steve die from?
(a) Blood injection
2. Where did Day meet Peter?
(a) A park
(b) A support group
(c) Her apartment complex
(d) Her office
3. What did Day say Archbishops should fight for?
4. What made Forster angry when he was with Day?
(a) Seeing her be more successful than him
(b) Seeing her obsession with the supernatural
(c) Seeing her with other men
(d) Seeing her family not accept him
5. What did Day do when her child was born?
(a) She divorced Forster
(b) She gave a speech
(c) She created a sculpture
(d) She wrote an article
6. What kind of science did Forster study?
7. What did Father Hugh say was most important for man to have?
8. How did Day say we should show love to God?
(c) All of these things listed
9. What caused Day to pray daily?
(a) It angered Forster
(b) It cleared up confusion
(c) It was for an experiment
(d) It made her happy
10. What business did Sasha own?
(d) Grocery Store
11. What did Day like most about her first Catholic Retreat?
(a) The doctrine that was taught
(b) The closeness to nature
(c) The feeling of community
(d) The chance to share her writing
12. What was the staff of the Catholic Worker criticized for?
(a) Heavy bias
13. What ruined some of the farm ventures?
(a) Lack of skill
(b) Lack of space
(c) Lack of work
(d) Lack of rain
14. How did Day say people took advantage of the Catholic Worker staff?
(a) They were too naive
(b) They were too peaceful
(c) They were too patient
(d) They were too desperate
15. What was a comfort to Peter before his death?
(a) He had given a great speech the day before
(b) He had written all he wanted to
(c) He had built his foundation
(d) He had cleansed his conscience
Short Answer Questions
1. What kept Forster happy when some of his comrades were killed?
2. Why did Forster have a hard time relating with poor people?
3. What caused many of the houses created by Peter to be shut down?
4. What was Steve’s occupation?
5. What caused the separation between Day and Forster?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)