|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What talent did Peter support for Day?
(a) Her photography
(b) Her music
(c) Her teaching
(d) Her writing
2. What did Day say a love of God was?
(a) A feeling
(b) An action
(c) A covenant
(d) A remembrance
3. Why wasn’t Day fully happy when she was pregnant?
(a) She didn’t want to bring a child into a world of pain
(b) She knew Forster would leave her
(c) She hadn’t spoken with her mother in so long
(d) She didn’t want to give up her career
4. How did Day feel when she was pregnant?
5. What did some people around Day say practicing Philosophy was?
(a) Practicing anxiety
(b) Practicing dying
(c) Practicing religion
(d) Practicing rhetoric
6. What caused many of the houses created by Peter to be shut down?
(a) The Repeal Act
(b) His finances
(c) The war
(d) His wedding
7. What did Dickie like talking to Day about?
8. What did Father Roy say should accompany every act of service?
9. What cause Peter to stop being able to think?
(a) He drank too much
(b) He was attacked and hit on the head
(c) A stroke
10. What political ideal did Forster believe in?
11. What kind of science did Forster study?
12. What did Day say really made the Catholic Worker successful?
13. What did Aloysia teach Day?
(a) To write
(b) To research Catholic doctrine
(c) To pray
(d) To publish
14. What was Peter accused of being too optimistic about?
(a) The future of his cause
(b) The scope of his influences
(c) The results of war
(d) The help of the church
15. What kind of Community did Peter and Day create?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the staff of the Catholic Worker do when they lost something after Peter’s death?
2. What kind of people mostly wanted to live in Day and Peter’s Community?
3. How long was Peter left catatonic?
4. What kind of baptism did Day receive when she joined the Catholic Church?
5. What did Day name her daughter?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)