|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of funeral did Rayna have?
2. What got results when Day was in the radical group?
3. What kind of stories did Day like to hear as a child?
(b) Family stories
(c) Nature stories
(d) Fairy tales
4. How often did the New York Call go to print?
5. Why was it strange that Day spent so much of her childhood alone?
(a) She was nice to everyone
(b) She had siblings
(c) She was very social
(d) Her father was always home
6. What state did Day grow up in?
7. What happened to some of Day’s friends when the draft was put in place?
(a) They killed themselves
(b) They went to prison
(c) They went to war
(d) They left the country
8. What about the Socialist lifestyle did Day not like?
(a) Their anger
(b) Their diet
(c) Their expectations
(d) Their free love ideas
9. Who did Mary tell Day stories about?
(d) Her relatives
10. What were the owners of The Masses suffering from?
(a) Their poverty
(b) Their isolation
(c) Their drinking
(d) Their radicalism
11. Where did Day’s family move after the natural disaster?
(d) New York
12. What was the first political party Day joined?
13. How many parts did Day say she broke her life up into?
14. What kind of man did Day think Tolstoy was?
15. What drew Day to Catholicism?
(a) The people were nice
(b) For all the reasons listed here
(c) Many poor people were Catholic
(d) She felt peaceful at Church
Short Answer Questions
1. What bothered Day about the people in the Episcopalian church?
2. What Revolution did Day celebrate?
3. Where did Rayna die?
4. What kind of group was Day attracted to while working at the New York Call?
5. What was Day strip-searched for?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)