|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Day feel about confession?
(a) It is unneeded
(b) It is holy
(c) It is strange
(d) It is uncomfortable
2. Why was it strange that Day spent so much of her childhood alone?
(a) She had siblings
(b) Her father was always home
(c) She was nice to everyone
(d) She was very social
3. How was Day related to Donald?
(a) He was her cousin
(b) He was her brother
(c) He was her stepbrother
(d) He was her uncle
4. How did Day change after living through a natural disaster?
(a) She loved other people more
(b) She was always afraid
(c) She saw the power of God
(d) She was angry with God
5. How long was the first part of Day’s life?
(a) 10 years
(b) 20 years
(c) 15 years
(d) 25 years
6. What was Day strip-searched for?
(c) Coded messages
7. What drew Day to Catholicism?
(a) She felt peaceful at Church
(b) For all the reasons listed here
(c) Many poor people were Catholic
(d) The people were nice
8. What did Day say she was confessing with this book?
(a) Her fears
(b) Her misdeeds
(c) Her conversion
(d) Her past
9. How old was Day when she began reading John Wesley?
10. What was Day’s favorite part of the Bible?
(a) The Commandments
(b) The Psalms
(c) The Proverbs
(d) The Beatitudes
11. What jarred Day’s senses in New York when she first moved there?
(a) All the people
(b) The constant sound
(c) All of the things listed here
(d) The poverty
12. What was the first church Day attended?
13. What kind of group was Day attracted to while working at the New York Call?
(a) The Marxists
(b) The Communists
(c) The Socialists
(d) The Anarchists
14. Where was Day living when she published her first book?
(a) New Orleans
(b) New Jersey
(c) New Mexico
(d) New York
15. What Catholic principal was Day’s societal philosophies similar to?
(a) The Law of Chastity
(b) The Law of Distribution
(c) The Law of Consecration
(d) The Law of Hierarchy
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Day picket the White House for?
2. What were the owners of The Masses suffering from?
3. How did Day dress while working at the New York Call?
4. How did Day feel about her source of comfort while in prison?
5. What did Day learn a lot about while working with the Red Cross?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)