|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Day dress while working at the New York Call?
2. What surprised Day about her living expenses in New York?
(a) The prices were similar to Chicago
(b) She could live cheaply
(c) It could cost a lot more to live there
(d) The government covered a lot of them
3. How did Day’s father feel about the radical movement?
(a) He ignored it
(b) He loved it
(c) He hated it
(d) He laughed at it
4. When Day was in prison, what did she say really kept her from being free?
(a) Being away from her family
(b) Having two opposing beliefs
(c) Being in love with two men
(d) Knowing others were suffering
5. What kind of publication was the New York Call?
(a) A newspaper
(b) A pamphlet
(c) A magazine
(d) A newsletter
6. What kind of group was Day attracted to while working at the New York Call?
(a) The Communists
(b) The Socialists
(c) The Anarchists
(d) The Marxists
7. How did Day change after living through a natural disaster?
(a) She loved other people more
(b) She was angry with God
(c) She was always afraid
(d) She saw the power of God
8. What did Day learn a lot about while working with the Red Cross?
(c) War strategies
(d) Financial responsibilities
9. How was Day related to Donald?
(a) He was her brother
(b) He was her stepbrother
(c) He was her uncle
(d) He was her cousin
10. Where did Day get her first rosary?
(a) At a pawnshop
(b) In the yard of the Church
(c) From a priest
(d) From a friend
11. What was the first political party Day joined?
12. How did Day feel when listening to Mary’s stories?
13. Who did Day try to help when she joined the Red Cross?
(b) Wounded soldiers
(c) The doctors
(d) The widows
14. What kind of people ran The Masses?
15. What jarred Day’s senses in New York when she first moved there?
(a) All the people
(b) All of the things listed here
(c) The poverty
(d) The constant sound
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Day say she was confessing with this book?
2. How long did Day work at the hospital?
3. What caused Day’s mother to have to work?
4. How often did the New York Call go to print?
5. What was the most important moral lesson Day learned as a child?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)