|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Love is the Measure, Peasant of the Pavement, Paper, People and Work, Labor, Community.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Day related to Donald?
(a) He was her brother
(b) He was her cousin
(c) He was her stepbrother
(d) He was her uncle
2. What surprised Day about her living expenses in New York?
(a) The government covered a lot of them
(b) It could cost a lot more to live there
(c) She could live cheaply
(d) The prices were similar to Chicago
3. Why did Day live in Mexico for a time?
(a) To hide from Forster
(b) To help the poor
(c) To learn Spanish
(d) To dodge some taxes
4. What was much of Peter’s savings used for?
(a) New houses
(b) Medical bills
(c) Farm expenses
5. What did Day have to give up in order to live the Catholic life?
(a) All of the things listed here
(b) Her career
(c) Her husband
(d) Her friends
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of stories did Day like to hear as a child?
2. Who did Sasha invite to live with him?
3. What kind of people ran The Masses?
4. Where did Day move when she was first on her own?
5. Why did Forster have a hard time relating with poor people?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)