|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Searching, The East Side, Journalism, The Masses, Jail, Free Lance, King’s County, A Time of Searching.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of group was Day attracted to while working at the New York Call?
(a) The Communists
(b) The Marxists
(c) The Anarchists
(d) The Socialists
2. How long was the first part of Day’s life?
(a) 15 years
(b) 20 years
(c) 10 years
(d) 25 years
3. What did Day say she was confessing with this book?
(a) Her fears
(b) Her conversion
(c) Her misdeeds
(d) Her past
4. What were the owners of The Masses suffering from?
(a) Their poverty
(b) Their radicalism
(c) Their isolation
(d) Their drinking
5. Who did Day serve after living through a natural disaster?
(a) Poor people
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Day learn a lot about while working with the Red Cross?
2. How did Day feel when listening to Mary’s stories?
3. Where was Day living when she published her first book?
4. What was Day strip-searched for?
5. How often did the New York Call go to print?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)