|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Searching, the Generations Before.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Day have a hard time writing this book?
(a) She didn’t have time
(b) She couldn’t write well
(c) She was ashamed of her past
(d) She didn’t like talking about herself
2. Why did Day say her father was so racist?
(a) He had some bad past experiences
(b) He worked in the news industry
(c) He grew up in the South
(d) He fought in the war
3. Why was it strange that Day spent so much of her childhood alone?
(a) She was very social
(b) She was nice to everyone
(c) She had siblings
(d) Her father was always home
4. How did Day change after living through a natural disaster?
(a) She saw the power of God
(b) She was angry with God
(c) She was always afraid
(d) She loved other people more
5. Who did Mary tell Day stories about?
(b) Her relatives
Short Answer Questions
1. What natural disaster did Day live through?
2. What did Day say she was confessing with this book?
3. What made Day feel rushed at confession?
4. What caused Day’s mother to have to work?
5. How long was the first part of Day’s life?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)