|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chick Agostino have with him?
2. What is the name of the club Terry Lennox is standing outside of?
3. Who calls Marlowe on the phone before Menendez can speak?
4. What is Spencer's job?
5. What kind of doctor is Vukanich?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Menendez know Terry?
2. Why does Terry think his wife is scared?
3. What does Eileen give Marlowe to help him find Roger?
4. Describe the confrontation between Marlowe and Menendez in the third section.
5. How does Marlowe think the case will pan out?
6. Why does Marlowe have trouble sleeping in the third section?
7. Describe the confrontation between Earl and Roger in the fourth section.
8. What information does Peters have about Terry?
9. How does Marlowe help Terry at the end of the section?
10. Why does Eileen want to hire Marlowe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Chandler's writing style. How would you describe Chandler's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Chandler's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the the character of Philip Marlowe and his influence on popular culture in terms of the following:
3) Comics and computer games
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Chandler's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)