|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roger ask Marlowe?
(a) Ever kill a man?
(b) Ever look a man in the eye and asked to sleep with his wife?
(c) Ever smoke Marlboro?
(d) Ever gone to South Africa?
2. What is Linda Loring drinking at the bar?
(d) London Pride
3. How is Linda related to Sylvia?
(a) Her stepmother
(b) Her half-sister
(c) Her sister-in-law
(d) Her sister
4. What does Marlowe hear as he reads Roger's work?
(a) A gunshot
(b) A crash
(c) A scream
(d) A slap
5. What does Chick say he has of Linda's?
(a) Her bank account number
(b) Her purse
(c) Her license plate number
(d) Her passport
6. What does Chick say Magoon is?
(a) A hollow souled son of a gun
(b) A rat informer
(c) Vice squad bimbo
(d) A pimp
7. Who does Marlowe call a bulldog?
(a) A henchman
(b) A journalist
(c) A policeman
(d) A detective
8. Who does Linda want Marlowe to meet?
(a) Her father
(b) Her mother
(c) Her husband
(d) Her brother
9. What does George Peters say he will do for 300 bucks?
(a) Walk naked through Harlem
(b) Marry Eileen
(c) Check Terry's military record
(d) Sign a false statement
10. Who does Eileen accuse of killing Roger?
(d) The gardener
11. What does the coroner rule Eileen's death as?
(c) Accidental death
(d) An act of idiocy
12. What does Marlowe find on the wastepaper basket?
13. What does Marlowe think Roger needs?
(a) A doctor
(b) Time in the countryside
(c) A good rest
(d) A mistress
14. What does Marlowe tell Spencer when Eileen leaves the room?
(a) She was not in love with Roger
(b) She killed Roger and Sylvia
(c) He is going to kill herself
(d) She is insane
15. What does Marlowe have to do for Roger to earn $1000?
(a) Live with him for three months
(b) Ghost write a book
(c) Sleep with him
(d) Kiss his feet
Short Answer Questions
1. What alcoholic beverage does Roger drink?
2. Where does Marlowe say he knows Ohls from?
3. What does Dr. Loring slap Roger with?
4. How does Marlowe say most detectives end up?
5. Who does Marlowe say are the two main suspects for killing Roger?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)