|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Roger think was trying to kill him?
2. Where does Marlowe say he knows Ohls from?
(a) The police department
(c) The army
(d) The DA's office
3. Who does Marlowe call a bulldog?
(a) A journalist
(b) A policeman
(c) A henchman
(d) A detective
4. What does Candy call Roger?
(a) A lush
(b) An alkie
(c) A real human
(d) A sinner
5. How is Linda related to Sylvia?
(a) Her half-sister
(b) Her sister
(c) Her sister-in-law
(d) Her stepmother
6. What does Roger ask Marlowe?
(a) Ever look a man in the eye and asked to sleep with his wife?
(b) Ever smoke Marlboro?
(c) Ever kill a man?
(d) Ever gone to South Africa?
7. What does Marlowe tell Spencer when Eileen leaves the room?
(a) She is insane
(b) She was not in love with Roger
(c) He is going to kill herself
(d) She killed Roger and Sylvia
8. How does Marlowe say most detectives end up?
(b) Broke or dead
(c) Poorly married
9. Where does Roger pass out?
(a) On the lawn
(b) In the hall
(c) In his car
(d) In his bedroom
10. What does Dr. Loring slap Roger with?
(a) His sock
(b) His hand
(c) A chain
(d) His glove
11. Where does Marlowe say Sylvia did not die?
(b) In her bed
(c) Near water
(d) In another country
12. Why does Candy demand Marlowe give him money?
(a) To take a woman out
(b) To buy medicine for Roger
(c) To keep silent
(d) To replace the alcohol
13. Where does Menendez say Lennox was in 1942?
(a) Off the coast of Norway
(d) Off the coast of Iceland
14. What does Marlowe hear as he reads Roger's work?
(a) A gunshot
(b) A scream
(c) A slap
(d) A crash
15. What does Marlowe say it is difficult to turn down?
(c) The invitation of a naked woman
(d) A glass of whiskey
Short Answer Questions
1. What department is Ohls head of?
2. What did Eileen use to kill herself?
3. What does Harlan Potter threaten to revoke?
4. Who does Linda want Marlowe to meet?
5. Who does Marlowe ask if Roger knows?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)