|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Linda related to Sylvia?
(a) Her sister-in-law
(b) Her sister
(c) Her half-sister
(d) Her stepmother
2. What does Marlowe find on the wastepaper basket?
3. What does the coroner rule Eileen's death as?
(a) An act of idiocy
(c) Accidental death
4. What does Dr. Loring say he prescribed to Eileen?
5. What does Marlowe think Roger needs?
(a) A good rest
(b) A doctor
(c) A mistress
(d) Time in the countryside
6. Where did Eileen throw Roger's bloody clothes?
(a) A sewer
(b) A reservoir
(c) A river
(d) The sea
7. What did Eileen use to kill herself?
(b) A spoon
(c) A knife
(d) A gun
8. What does Roger ask for?
(a) A book
(b) A back rub
(c) A foot rub
(d) Sleeping pills
9. What kind of weapon does Candy prove that he is skilled with?
(a) A chain and ball
(b) A tomahawk
(c) A gun
(d) A knife
10. Who does Roger say died for him?
(b) His father
11. What is the woman next door trying to poison?
(a) A turtle
(b) A dog
(c) A child
(d) A cat
12. What does Eileen ask Marlowe to do for her?
(a) Kiss her
(b) Rub her back
(c) Rub her feet
(d) Put her to bed
13. What is Linda Loring drinking at the bar?
(c) London Pride
14. What alcoholic beverage does Roger drink?
15. What does Marlowe have to do for Roger to earn $1000?
(a) Live with him for three months
(b) Sleep with him
(c) Ghost write a book
(d) Kiss his feet
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eileen dream about?
2. Who does Linda want Marlowe to meet?
3. What does Marlowe say it is difficult to turn down?
4. What was the Demerol supposed to help?
5. What does Marlowe find out that Terry had?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)