|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eileen hand to Marlowe?
(a) A note
(b) Her hankerchief
(c) A sweet
(d) Her business card
2. What does Lennox leave at Marlowe's house?
(a) A ring
(b) A box
(c) A suitcase
(d) A wallet
3. When does Marlowe say he will accept payment?
(a) When he needs it
(b) At the end of the month
(c) When Roger is dead
(d) When Roger is found
4. Why is Roger's wife scared of him?
(a) He took a shot at her
(b) He pushed her down the stairs
(c) He threatened to kill his wife
(d) He killed a man
5. What does Terry call Sylvia's father?
(a) A coldhearted son of a bitch
(b) A man with no heart
(c) An ugly thug
(d) A mama's boy
6. What is the name of the policeman who punched Marlowe?
7. What does Marlowe say he has not had for three days?
(c) A phonecall
(d) A job
8. What is the name of the District Attorney?
(a) Mr. Timms
(b) Mr. Edwards
(c) Mr. Grindhouse
(d) Mr. Grenz
9. Where does Marlowe learn Terry has remarried Sylvia?
(a) In the post office
(b) From his mother
(c) The society pages
(d) At a party
10. What does Verringer demand from Roger?
(b) His property
(c) His gun
11. Where does Marlowe punch Menendez?
(a) The stomach
(b) The face
(c) The groin
(d) The chest
12. What is Lonnie Morgan's job?
13. What kind of files does Marlowe ask for?
(a) Beggar boys
(b) Barred window boys
(d) Souls for rent
14. What does Granz sign for Marlowe?
(a) An autograph
(b) A doctor's certificate
(c) A search warrant
(d) A release form
15. When does Marlowe see Lennox again?
(b) Christmas Day
(c) New Year's Day
(d) Independence Day
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Endicott say he is traveling to?
2. Where are the names of the two officers at Marlowe's house?
3. What does Marlowe refuse to take from Eileen?
4. What does Mr. Grenz tell Marlowe not to do?
5. What does Morgan say Terry needs the time to do?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)