|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends a constant barrage of paradoxical notices to Dirk in the mail?
2. What does Kate go find to help Thor with his injuries?
3. In what kind of vehicle does Odin return to Valhalla?
4. What does the green-eyed devil-figure wave around?
5. Who attends Odin at Woodshead as he prepares to return to Asgard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dirk think of the subconscious mind?
2. What does the North Sea look like when Kate and Thor arrive in Asgard?
3. How does Thor describe himself to Kate and how does she react?
4. What has happened as a result of the eagle changing back into a jet fighter?
5. Why is Dirk's impression of mail he gets from American Express paradoxical?
6. Why does Thor want Kate to see Asgard and how does Kate react?
7. How does Thor put things right after he tears up Odin's contract and why does he do this?
8. What does the author imply has happened to the Draycotts at the end of the book?
9. Who is Stan Dubeck?
10. How does Neil approach Kate about the vending machine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Thor's powers. What different things does he use his hammer for in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the evolution of the role of the gods in the book. What has been their roles in the past? Why have their roles changed? How have their powers changed?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the difference between the primary protagonist in the story and the secondary protagonist. Why is Dirk the primary protagonist? Why is Kate's role significant to the plot?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)