|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what kind of vehicle does Odin return to Valhalla?
2. What is the neroli oil Kate puts in Thor's bath distilled from?
3. What does the "tramp" ask Dirk for outside his house?
4. What does Tsuliwaensis say in terms of the number of immortal gods that are left?
5. What sensory experience for Dirk increases with a heavy sky?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Dirk's denial about his smoking habit shown in Chapter 25?
2. How does Thor put things right after he tears up Odin's contract and why does he do this?
3. What does the old man that finally gives Dirk a cigarette look like?
4. What does the hammer that Thor pulls out to fight the eagle with look like?
5. How does Thor's mood affect Kate and the weather?
6. How does Thor describe himself to Kate and how does she react?
7. What kind of treatment does Thor want for his wounds?
8. What does Dirk think of the subconscious mind?
9. How does Dirk hurt himself as he tries to get into confront the eagle?
10. Why is Dirk's impression of mail he gets from American Express paradoxical?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Dirk's house with Anstey's house. How do the different settings represent the personalities of the two men?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Thor's powers. What different things does he use his hammer for in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Dirk ends up at King's Cross station. What is he looking for that leads him there? What happens when he gets there?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)