|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the neroli oil Kate puts in Thor's bath distilled from?
2. To what conclusion does Dirk come in regards to Thor at the airport when he contemplates the gods roaming the earth?
3. What befalls Toe Rag and the green-eyed monster?
4. How can Tsuliwaensis tell Kate is a mortal?
5. On what type of bass does Neil play "The Ride of the Valkyries"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Thor find Odin's contract and what happens when he tries to present the evidence in Valhalla?
2. What does the old man that finally gives Dirk a cigarette look like?
3. What does the Saint Pancras Station look like?
4. What does Dirk think he should do to the Draycotts in regards to his suspicions about them concerning Anstey's death?
5. What does the hammer that Thor pulls out to fight the eagle with look like?
6. What is Dirk's impression of the eagle when he sees it in the street?
7. Why was the Aries Rising Record Group founded and how did it evolve?
8. What deliberate provocation does Thor precipitate toward Kate after his bath and how does Kate react?
9. How does Thor react when Kate questions him about the supernatural events surrounding him?
10. How does Kate withstand the flight with Thor's hammer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Outline the history of the conflict between Odin and Thor. What is the relationship between the two gods? How has Odin tried to punish Thor in the past? How does the conflict between the two gods get resolved?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the meaning of the title, "The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul".
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Kate and Mr. Standish. What is Kate's motivation for going to Woodshead? How does Mr. Standish interact with her when she is there? Does Kate eventually find what she is looking for?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)