|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the eagle injure Dirk as he tries to escape to get some cigarettes?
2. How does Dirk feel about the lawyer he hits with his car after he gives him his business card?
3. In what kind of vehicle does Odin return to Valhalla?
4. Who once occupied the hospital bed Dirk finds himself in?
5. What part of London does Dirk say is antique buildings being ripped apart?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dirk hurt himself as he tries to get into confront the eagle?
2. What does the Saint Pancras Station look like?
3. How does Kate withstand the flight with Thor's hammer?
4. What kind of treatment does Thor want for his wounds?
5. What deliberate provocation does Thor precipitate toward Kate after his bath and how does Kate react?
6. How does Thor react when Kate questions him about the supernatural events surrounding him?
7. What does the author imply has happened to the Draycotts at the end of the book?
8. What has happened as a result of the eagle changing back into a jet fighter?
9. How does Neil approach Kate about the vending machine?
10. What does the North Sea look like when Kate and Thor arrive in Asgard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Kate's state of mind as she is trying to board the plane. Describe her motivation for going to the airport and her attitude toward the troubles she encounters as she tries to board the plane.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Valhalla. How do people get there? What is it used for? What does it look like? Explain how it compares with the modern world?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Thor's powers. What different things does he use his hammer for in the book?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)