|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thor tear up to bind his injured arm?
2. Who attends Odin at Woodshead as he prepares to return to Asgard?
3. What is Dirk looking forward to when he gets out of the hospital?
4. What does the old man that befriends Dirk at King's Cross Station utter often?
5. What does the green-eyed monster do to the stable master at Valhalla?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thor put things right after he tears up Odin's contract and why does he do this?
2. How does Neil approach Kate about the vending machine?
3. What does the hammer that Thor pulls out to fight the eagle with look like?
4. What does Dirk think he should do to the Draycotts in regards to his suspicions about them concerning Anstey's death?
5. How does Kate withstand the flight with Thor's hammer?
6. What does the Saint Pancras Station look like?
7. How does Thor's mood affect Kate and the weather?
8. What kind of treatment does Thor want for his wounds?
9. When Dirk searches in vain for cigarettes, how does he feel when he has tried every place he can think of and can't get a pack?
10. How does Dirk hurt himself as he tries to get into confront the eagle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the symbolism of the Draycotts in the book. What do they do for a living? How do they compare symbolically with Thor and Odin?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the conflict between Dirk and The Great Zaganza. What does The Great Zaganza do to torment Dirk? Why does he do this?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the difference between the primary protagonist in the story and the secondary protagonist. Why is Dirk the primary protagonist? Why is Kate's role significant to the plot?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)