|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thor tear up to bind his injured arm?
2. Who once occupied the hospital bed Dirk finds himself in?
3. What was the subject of the "big talk" Odin used to endure at Valhalla?
4. What part of London does Dirk say has wet litter wildly flapping?
5. What does the green-eyed devil-figure wave around?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened as a result of the eagle changing back into a jet fighter?
2. What does the North Sea look like when Kate and Thor arrive in Asgard?
3. What kind of treatment does Thor want for his wounds?
4. How does Thor's mood affect Kate and the weather?
5. How does Kate know that Thor is the man she has been looking for from the airport?
6. Why was the Aries Rising Record Group founded and how did it evolve?
7. What does the hammer that Thor pulls out to fight the eagle with look like?
8. How is Dirk's denial about his smoking habit shown in Chapter 25?
9. Who is Stan Dubeck?
10. How do Toe Rag and the green-eyed monster try to escape from Valhalla?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of Dirk's refrigerator. Why are he and his cleaning lady fighting over it? Why is he afraid of it? What happens when he orders a new one?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Dirk's house with Anstey's house. How do the different settings represent the personalities of the two men?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the moral of the book from Odin's point of view. What does he wish he had experienced in Asgard? What things did the gods overlook that were important?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)