|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Odin, very little attention was given to _____ at Valhalla.
2. What squeaks in protest as Dirk drives down the road in the rain in Chapter 19?
3. What has he been counting in Wales?
4. The air at Valhalla is filled with the noiseless howls of _____.
5. What does the green-eyed monster do to the stable master at Valhalla?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Dirk's denial about his smoking habit shown in Chapter 25?
2. When Dirk searches in vain for cigarettes, how does he feel when he has tried every place he can think of and can't get a pack?
3. How does Thor describe himself to Kate and how does she react?
4. What does Sally Mills say about Dirk's appearance at the hospital?
5. What does the Saint Pancras Station look like?
6. Who is Stan Dubeck?
7. What does the hammer that Thor pulls out to fight the eagle with look like?
8. How does Kate give Thor what he wants for his wounds?
9. How does Dirk hurt himself as he tries to get into confront the eagle?
10. What has happened as a result of the eagle changing back into a jet fighter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the evolution of the role of the gods in the book. What has been their roles in the past? Why have their roles changed? How have their powers changed?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the anthropomorphism of Guilt in the book. How is this brought to fruition at the end?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the difference between the primary protagonist in the story and the secondary protagonist. Why is Dirk the primary protagonist? Why is Kate's role significant to the plot?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)