|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dirk see in the hospital when he wakes up?
2. What does Thor say he needs when Kate offers to help him with the bruise she just caused on his face?
3. Dirk awakens in the hospital and finds he has _____.
4. Who once occupied the hospital bed Dirk finds himself in?
5. What does Kate call Thor when he initially refuses her help with his injuries?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Thor want Kate to see Asgard and how does Kate react?
2. What does Sally Mills say about Dirk's appearance at the hospital?
3. What kind of treatment does Thor want for his wounds?
4. How do Toe Rag and the green-eyed monster try to escape from Valhalla?
5. What does the Saint Pancras Station look like?
6. How does Kate know that Thor is the man she has been looking for from the airport?
7. Why is Dirk's impression of mail he gets from American Express paradoxical?
8. How does Thor's mood affect Kate and the weather?
9. What happens to Dirk when he jumps out of his house?
10. When Dirk searches in vain for cigarettes, how does he feel when he has tried every place he can think of and can't get a pack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the details of Odin's contract. What does he stand to gain from the contract? Who is it with? What does the other party gain from the contract?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Kate's state of mind as she is trying to board the plane. Describe her motivation for going to the airport and her attitude toward the troubles she encounters as she tries to board the plane.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Valhalla. How do people get there? What is it used for? What does it look like? Explain how it compares with the modern world?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)