Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Odin's hands in the bed at Woodshead?
2. When Dirk is struggling up through Pentonville Road in traffic, what does he suddenly think of?
3. To what conclusion does Dirk come in regards to Thor at the airport when he contemplates the gods roaming the earth?
4. What is the only thing that keeps Kate from screaming as she and Thor hurtle through space?
5. How does the author describe the Midland Grand Hotel?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the meaning of the title, "The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul".
Essay Topic 2
Outline the history of the conflict between Odin and Thor. What is the relationship between the two gods? How has Odin tried to punish Thor in the past? How does the conflict between the two gods get resolved?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Dirk's encounter with Sally Mills at the cafe. Why is he in the cafe in the first place? What does she do to help him? Is he deserving of her help? Why or why not?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)