Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Odin's hands in the bed at Woodshead?
2. When Dirk is struggling up through Pentonville Road in traffic, what does he suddenly think of?
3. To what conclusion does Dirk come in regards to Thor at the airport when he contemplates the gods roaming the earth?
4. What is the only thing that keeps Kate from screaming as she and Thor hurtle through space?
5. How does the author describe the Midland Grand Hotel?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the symbolism of the Draycotts in the book. What do they do for a living? How do they compare symbolically with Thor and Odin?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Kate and Mr. Standish. What is Kate's motivation for going to Woodshead? How does Mr. Standish interact with her when she is there? Does Kate eventually find what she is looking for?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Dirk's relationship with the electronic I Ching calculator. Why does he buy it? What keeps happening with it? What does it tell him?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)