|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attends Odin at Woodshead as he prepares to return to Asgard?
2. Who once occupied the hospital bed Dirk finds himself in?
3. To what conclusion does Dirk come in regards to Thor at the airport when he contemplates the gods roaming the earth?
4. What squeaks in protest as Dirk drives down the road in the rain in Chapter 19?
5. What is sitting next to Odin's bed the afternoon following his return to Woodshead?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Thor find Odin's contract and what happens when he tries to present the evidence in Valhalla?
2. How does Kate give Thor what he wants for his wounds?
3. Why was the Aries Rising Record Group founded and how did it evolve?
4. How does Thor put things right after he tears up Odin's contract and why does he do this?
5. How does Thor describe himself to Kate and how does she react?
6. How does Dirk hurt himself as he tries to get into confront the eagle?
7. What does the old man that finally gives Dirk a cigarette look like?
8. How is Dirk's denial about his smoking habit shown in Chapter 25?
9. What has happened as a result of the eagle changing back into a jet fighter?
10. What does the hammer that Thor pulls out to fight the eagle with look like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Dirk's house with Anstey's house. How do the different settings represent the personalities of the two men?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Dirk ends up at King's Cross station. What is he looking for that leads him there? What happens when he gets there?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the details of Odin's contract. What does he stand to gain from the contract? Who is it with? What does the other party gain from the contract?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)