|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The back of the I Ching calculator that Dirk looks at has a back that is falling off due to poor _____.
2. What does Dirk find in his refrigerator when he opens it in the morning that disturbs him?
3. How does Dirk describe his navigation method?
4. What did Kate's neighbor steal from her that has injured their relationship?
5. Where does Anstey have a big house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Neil approach Kate about the vending machine?
2. How does Thor describe himself to Kate and how does she react?
3. Why does Dirk write his order down on a napkin at the Islington cafe?
4. What does Kate say about her neighbor who plays double bass?
5. How does Thor react when Kate questions him about the supernatural events surrounding him?
6. Why was the Aries Rising Record Group founded and how did it evolve?
7. What does Dirk think about the missing Miss Pearce and what is his history with her?
8. Why does Thor want Kate to see Asgard and how does Kate react?
9. What does Dirk recall about an interview he read about Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo?
10. What does the hammer that Thor pulls out to fight the eagle with look like?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the evolution of the role of the gods in the book. What has been their roles in the past? Why have their roles changed? How have their powers changed?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the details of Odin's contract. What does he stand to gain from the contract? Who is it with? What does the other party gain from the contract?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the difference between the primary protagonist in the story and the secondary protagonist. Why is Dirk the primary protagonist? Why is Kate's role significant to the plot?
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)