|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are nine-tenths of the cabin trunks in Kate's dreams filled with?
2. With what has Thor been attached to the floor?
3. What reason did Dirk's secretary give for looking for a new job?
4. What is Odin's name at Woodshead?
5. How does the boy that Dirk encounters in the attic room drink his soda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dirk say of Kate's driving skills and how does he justify this observation?
2. How does Odin feel about the article he has read in the newspaper about the incident at the airport?
3. Why does Dirk write his order down on a napkin at the Islington cafe?
4. What does Dirk think about the missing Miss Pearce and what is his history with her?
5. How does the author describe the boy in Anstey's attic room?
6. How has Thor felt of late, especially after having had to rip himself from the floor to which he has been glued?
7. What does Dirk think of the group of waiters when they are waiting around at the Islington cafe?
8. In what state does Dirk find Anstey when he arrives at his house?
9. How does Kate counter Mr. Standish's discussion of a Grand Unified Field Theory of Everything?
10. What does Kate say about her neighbor who plays double bass?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Dirk's relationship with the electronic I Ching calculator. Why does he buy it? What keeps happening with it? What does it tell him?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Kate's state of mind as she is trying to board the plane. Describe her motivation for going to the airport and her attitude toward the troubles she encounters as she tries to board the plane.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the meaning of the title, "The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul".
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)