|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate drink at the pub while the mechanic works on her car?
2. Who was Kate's therapist after her husband died?
3. What does Kate think her hospital room smells like?
4. Who is the waiter's friend who broke his nose?
5. What excuse does Gilks give for not turning the record player off?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Odin feel about linen and why?
2. How does the author describe the boy in Anstey's attic room?
3. How does Odin feel about the article he has read in the newspaper about the incident at the airport?
4. What does Dirk do when Bates asks if he is going to pay for the newspaper he just took from his stand?
5. What does Odin's room look like at Woodshead?
6. Describe Dirk's 'Zen' navigation method.
7. What does Dirk recall about an interview he read about Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo?
8. What is Dirk's impression of the hallway in Anstey's house as he enters?
9. What does Dirk say of the kind of day he thinks Kate has had and how does she react?
10. Why does Dirk write his order down on a napkin at the Islington cafe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Dirk's relationship with the electronic I Ching calculator. Why does he buy it? What keeps happening with it? What does it tell him?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the conflict between Dirk and The Great Zaganza. What does The Great Zaganza do to torment Dirk? Why does he do this?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Dirk ends up at King's Cross station. What is he looking for that leads him there? What happens when he gets there?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)