|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are nine-tenths of the cabin trunks in Kate's dreams filled with?
2. After the crash, Kate tells Dirk that she has had the sort of day that would make St. Francis of Assisi _____.
3. How is Odin described when Thor contemplates Toe Rag's insistence that he only does what Odin tells him to do?
4. What instrument does Kate's friend play that she mentions to Dirk?
5. What does Thor call Toe Rag?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what state does Dirk find Anstey when he arrives at his house?
2. What does the pub look like where Kate and Dirk go when the cars are getting fixed?
3. What does Dirk say when Sally Mills accuses him of inquisitiveness and presumptuousness?
4. What does Dirk think about Anstey's bedroom?
5. What is Dirk's impression of the hallway in Anstey's house as he enters?
6. What does Dirk think about the missing Miss Pearce and what is his history with her?
7. Why does Dirk think that his 'Zen' navigation technique has led him to precisely where he is supposed to be?
8. How does Kate counter Mr. Standish's discussion of a Grand Unified Field Theory of Everything?
9. What does Dirk say of the kind of day he thinks Kate has had and how does she react?
10. What does Dirk say of Kate's driving skills and how does he justify this observation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Dirk's relationship with the electronic I Ching calculator. Why does he buy it? What keeps happening with it? What does it tell him?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Kate's state of mind as she is trying to board the plane. Describe her motivation for going to the airport and her attitude toward the troubles she encounters as she tries to board the plane.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Valhalla. How do people get there? What is it used for? What does it look like? Explain how it compares with the modern world?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)