Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Kate's friend play that she mentions to Dirk?
2. What does Kate initially think happened at Heathrow?
3. What is in the bag that is attached to the needle in Kate's arm?
4. What color button does the I Ching say to push once Dirk achieves inner harmony and tranquility?
5. Who is the waiter's friend who broke his nose?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dirk hurt himself as he tries to get into confront the eagle?
2. How does Thor react when Kate questions him about the supernatural events surrounding him?
3. What does Dirk recall about an interview he read about Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo?
4. What does Dirk say of Kate's driving skills and how does he justify this observation?
5. What does Dirk say when Sally Mills accuses him of inquisitiveness and presumptuousness?
6. Where does Thor find Odin's contract and what happens when he tries to present the evidence in Valhalla?
7. What does Dirk do when Bates asks if he is going to pay for the newspaper he just took from his stand?
8. How does Kate counter Mr. Standish's discussion of a Grand Unified Field Theory of Everything?
9. Why does Gilks think Anstey's death was a suicide?
10. What is Dirk's impression of the eagle when he sees it in the street?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Kate and Mr. Standish. What is Kate's motivation for going to Woodshead? How does Mr. Standish interact with her when she is there? Does Kate eventually find what she is looking for?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Dirk ends up at King's Cross station. What is he looking for that leads him there? What happens when he gets there?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the evolution of the role of the gods in the book. What has been their roles in the past? Why have their roles changed? How have their powers changed?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)