|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the waiter's hair filled with who waits on Dirk?
2. What does Kate initially think happened at Heathrow?
3. What is the rank of Mr. Ralph Standish at Woodshead?
4. What is the name of the person who writes horoscopes for the newspaper?
5. At Anstey's house, Gilks tells Dirk to quit standing there like a _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dirk recall about an interview he read about Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo?
2. Describe Kate's car and what condition it is in.
3. What is Dirk's impression of Cynthia Draycott when he first encounters her?
4. What does Dirk think of the group of waiters when they are waiting around at the Islington cafe?
5. Why does Dirk think that his 'Zen' navigation technique has led him to precisely where he is supposed to be?
6. What is Dirk's impression of the hallway in Anstey's house as he enters?
7. What does Dirk think of the 6:30 am meeting time that Anstey arranged for them?
8. How does Odin feel about the article he has read in the newspaper about the incident at the airport?
9. What does Dirk say of the kind of day he thinks Kate has had and how does she react?
10. In what state does Dirk find Anstey when he arrives at his house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Dirk's encounter with Sally Mills at the cafe. Why is he in the cafe in the first place? What does she do to help him? Is he deserving of her help? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the evolution of the role of the gods in the book. What has been their roles in the past? Why have their roles changed? How have their powers changed?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Kate's state of mind as she is trying to board the plane. Describe her motivation for going to the airport and her attitude toward the troubles she encounters as she tries to board the plane.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)