|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the commentator on the I Ching calculator?
2. Why is the African diplomat brought to Woodshead?
3. What line of work is Kate's brother in in New York?
4. Who wrote the book that Dirk stole from Sally Mills in the cafe?
5. What is the postscript in the letter that Odin has left for Thor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Odin feel about the article he has read in the newspaper about the incident at the airport?
2. What does Dirk recall about an interview he read about Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo?
3. What does Dirk think about Anstey's bedroom?
4. In what state does Dirk find Anstey when he arrives at his house?
5. What does Dirk do when Bates asks if he is going to pay for the newspaper he just took from his stand?
6. What is Dirk's impression of the hallway in Anstey's house as he enters?
7. How does Kate counter Mr. Standish's discussion of a Grand Unified Field Theory of Everything?
8. What does Dirk say of Kate's driving skills and how does he justify this observation?
9. What does Dirk think of the group of waiters when they are waiting around at the Islington cafe?
10. What does the pub look like where Kate and Dirk go when the cars are getting fixed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Valhalla. How do people get there? What is it used for? What does it look like? Explain how it compares with the modern world?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Dirk ends up at King's Cross station. What is he looking for that leads him there? What happens when he gets there?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the difference between the primary protagonist in the story and the secondary protagonist. Why is Dirk the primary protagonist? Why is Kate's role significant to the plot?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)