Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Kate's friend play that she mentions to Dirk?
2. What does Kate initially think happened at Heathrow?
3. What is in the bag that is attached to the needle in Kate's arm?
4. What color button does the I Ching say to push once Dirk achieves inner harmony and tranquility?
5. Who is the waiter's friend who broke his nose?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dirk hurt himself as he tries to get into confront the eagle?
2. How does Thor react when Kate questions him about the supernatural events surrounding him?
3. What does Dirk recall about an interview he read about Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo?
4. What does Dirk say of Kate's driving skills and how does he justify this observation?
5. What does Dirk say when Sally Mills accuses him of inquisitiveness and presumptuousness?
6. Where does Thor find Odin's contract and what happens when he tries to present the evidence in Valhalla?
7. What does Dirk do when Bates asks if he is going to pay for the newspaper he just took from his stand?
8. How does Kate counter Mr. Standish's discussion of a Grand Unified Field Theory of Everything?
9. Why does Gilks think Anstey's death was a suicide?
10. What is Dirk's impression of the eagle when he sees it in the street?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the difference between the primary protagonist in the story and the secondary protagonist. Why is Dirk the primary protagonist? Why is Kate's role significant to the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Kate's state of mind as she is trying to board the plane. Describe her motivation for going to the airport and her attitude toward the troubles she encounters as she tries to board the plane.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Valhalla. How do people get there? What is it used for? What does it look like? Explain how it compares with the modern world?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)