|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did someone drop on Thor once to provoke him?
2. Who was Kate's therapist after her husband died?
3. What is the floor made of that Thor is attached to?
4. What did someone hide in Thor's helmet once to provoke him?
5. What does the waiter bring Dirk instead of his order?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dirk's impression of the hallway in Anstey's house as he enters?
2. In what state does Dirk find Anstey when he arrives at his house?
3. What does Dirk think of the group of waiters when they are waiting around at the Islington cafe?
4. What does Dirk recall about an interview he read about Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo?
5. Describe Dirk's 'Zen' navigation method.
6. How does Odin feel about linen and why?
7. What does Kate think of Dirk's appearance when she confronts him after the crash?
8. What does Dirk think of the 6:30 am meeting time that Anstey arranged for them?
9. How does Kate counter Mr. Standish's discussion of a Grand Unified Field Theory of Everything?
10. What does Dirk say of Kate's driving skills and how does he justify this observation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of Dirk's refrigerator. Why are he and his cleaning lady fighting over it? Why is he afraid of it? What happens when he orders a new one?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the details of Odin's contract. What does he stand to gain from the contract? Who is it with? What does the other party gain from the contract?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Dirk's encounter with Sally Mills at the cafe. Why is he in the cafe in the first place? What does she do to help him? Is he deserving of her help? Why or why not?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)