|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Kate's husband who died?
2. When does Thor wish to meet Odin for a showdown?
3. What kind of unsolicited advice does Kate's neighbor give her?
4. What did someone hide in Thor's helmet once to provoke him?
5. Why does Kate think the mechanic pawned the tow job off on his son?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe the boy in Anstey's attic room?
2. What does Dirk say of Kate's driving skills and how does he justify this observation?
3. Describe Kate's car and what condition it is in.
4. Describe the second bedroom in Anstey's house.
5. What does Dirk think about the missing Miss Pearce and what is his history with her?
6. What does Dirk recall about an interview he read about Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo?
7. What does Dirk think about Anstey's bedroom?
8. What does Dirk think of the 6:30 am meeting time that Anstey arranged for them?
9. What does Dirk do when Bates asks if he is going to pay for the newspaper he just took from his stand?
10. Why does Dirk think that his 'Zen' navigation technique has led him to precisely where he is supposed to be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the evolution of the role of the gods in the book. What has been their roles in the past? Why have their roles changed? How have their powers changed?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the Coca-Cola machine is a recurrent motif in the story. Where does it appear? What is happening when it appears? What does the Coca-Cola machine turn out to be?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the conflict between Dirk and The Great Zaganza. What does The Great Zaganza do to torment Dirk? Why does he do this?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)