Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Kate's friend play that she mentions to Dirk?
2. What does Kate initially think happened at Heathrow?
3. What is in the bag that is attached to the needle in Kate's arm?
4. What color button does the I Ching say to push once Dirk achieves inner harmony and tranquility?
5. Who is the waiter's friend who broke his nose?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dirk hurt himself as he tries to get into confront the eagle?
2. How does Thor react when Kate questions him about the supernatural events surrounding him?
3. What does Dirk recall about an interview he read about Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo?
4. What does Dirk say of Kate's driving skills and how does he justify this observation?
5. What does Dirk say when Sally Mills accuses him of inquisitiveness and presumptuousness?
6. Where does Thor find Odin's contract and what happens when he tries to present the evidence in Valhalla?
7. What does Dirk do when Bates asks if he is going to pay for the newspaper he just took from his stand?
8. How does Kate counter Mr. Standish's discussion of a Grand Unified Field Theory of Everything?
9. Why does Gilks think Anstey's death was a suicide?
10. What is Dirk's impression of the eagle when he sees it in the street?
Describe the moral of the book from Odin's point of view. What does he wish he had experienced in Asgard? What things did the gods overlook that were important?
Describe the difference between the primary protagonist in the story and the secondary protagonist. Why is Dirk the primary protagonist? Why is Kate's role significant to the plot?
Outline the history of the conflict between Odin and Thor. What is the relationship between the two gods? How has Odin tried to punish Thor in the past? How does the conflict between the two gods get resolved?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)