|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mechanic claim damaged the sensitive parts of the engine workings of Dirk's car?
2. What is the name of Dirk's cleaning lady?
3. What does Kate think her hospital room smells like?
4. How does Kate describe the color of the hospital paint?
5. What kind of pizza does Kate want?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what state does Dirk find Anstey when he arrives at his house?
2. What does Dirk think of the 6:30 am meeting time that Anstey arranged for them?
3. What does Kate say about her neighbor who plays double bass?
4. How does Odin feel about the article he has read in the newspaper about the incident at the airport?
5. How does Odin feel about linen and why?
6. What does Dirk recall about an interview he read about Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo?
7. What does Odin's room look like at Woodshead?
8. Describe Kate's car and what condition it is in.
9. Describe the second bedroom in Anstey's house.
10. What does Dirk say of Kate's driving skills and how does he justify this observation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the difference between the primary protagonist in the story and the secondary protagonist. Why is Dirk the primary protagonist? Why is Kate's role significant to the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Dirk's encounter with Sally Mills at the cafe. Why is he in the cafe in the first place? What does she do to help him? Is he deserving of her help? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Dirk's relationship with the electronic I Ching calculator. Why does he buy it? What keeps happening with it? What does it tell him?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)