|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "unmistakable quality" does Dirk think Anstey's complaining neighbor has about her?
2. Who turns down the sheets for Odin at Woodshead?
3. What is the postscript in the letter that Odin has left for Thor?
4. With what has Thor been attached to the floor?
5. What kind of dealer is Kate's neighbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kate say about her neighbor who plays double bass?
2. How does Kate counter Mr. Standish's discussion of a Grand Unified Field Theory of Everything?
3. What does Dirk do when Bates asks if he is going to pay for the newspaper he just took from his stand?
4. What is Dirk's impression of Cynthia Draycott when he first encounters her?
5. How does Odin feel about linen and why?
6. What does Dirk think about Anstey's bedroom?
7. How does Odin feel about the article he has read in the newspaper about the incident at the airport?
8. Describe the second bedroom in Anstey's house.
9. How has Thor felt of late, especially after having had to rip himself from the floor to which he has been glued?
10. What does Dirk think of the group of waiters when they are waiting around at the Islington cafe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the evolution of the role of the gods in the book. What has been their roles in the past? Why have their roles changed? How have their powers changed?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Kate's state of mind as she is trying to board the plane. Describe her motivation for going to the airport and her attitude toward the troubles she encounters as she tries to board the plane.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the conflict between Dirk and The Great Zaganza. What does The Great Zaganza do to torment Dirk? Why does he do this?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)