|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the waiter bring Dirk instead of his order?
2. What is Odin's name at Woodshead?
3. How is the incident at Heathrow eventually classified by the media?
4. Where is Kate's home?
5. Who states that the incident at the airport is completely under control and they have the situation contained?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kate think of Dirk's appearance when she confronts him after the crash?
2. Why does Gilks think Anstey's death was a suicide?
3. What does Dirk think of the group of waiters when they are waiting around at the Islington cafe?
4. What does Dirk think about the missing Miss Pearce and what is his history with her?
5. How does Odin feel about the article he has read in the newspaper about the incident at the airport?
6. Describe Kate's car and what condition it is in.
7. Why does Dirk think that his 'Zen' navigation technique has led him to precisely where he is supposed to be?
8. What does Dirk say when Sally Mills accuses him of inquisitiveness and presumptuousness?
9. What does Sister Bailey regard Odin?
10. What does Dirk recall about an interview he read about Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the moral of the book from Odin's point of view. What does he wish he had experienced in Asgard? What things did the gods overlook that were important?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Dirk's house with Anstey's house. How do the different settings represent the personalities of the two men?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Dirk ends up at King's Cross station. What is he looking for that leads him there? What happens when he gets there?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)