|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dennis Hutch work for?
2. What excuse does Gilks give for not turning the record player off?
3. What did Kate's neighbor steal from her that has injured their relationship?
4. What is Odin's name at Woodshead?
5. Who does Mr. Standish say is in a trance and engaged in automatic writing at Woodshead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dirk recall about an interview he read about Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo?
2. How has Thor felt of late, especially after having had to rip himself from the floor to which he has been glued?
3. How does Odin feel about linen and why?
4. What does Dirk say when Sally Mills accuses him of inquisitiveness and presumptuousness?
5. What does the pub look like where Kate and Dirk go when the cars are getting fixed?
6. What does Dirk say of Kate's driving skills and how does he justify this observation?
7. In what state does Dirk find Anstey when he arrives at his house?
8. What does Kate say about her neighbor who plays double bass?
9. What does Odin's room look like at Woodshead?
10. What does Dirk think of the 6:30 am meeting time that Anstey arranged for them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Kate's state of mind as she is trying to board the plane. Describe her motivation for going to the airport and her attitude toward the troubles she encounters as she tries to board the plane.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Toe Rag's role in the book. Who does he work for? What does he look like? What deeds has he done? What is the nature of most of his deeds?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the meaning of the title, "The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul".
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)