|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator think would not like Dirk's bedroom decor?
2. What color button does the I Ching say to push once Dirk achieves inner harmony and tranquility?
3. Who wrote the book that Dirk stole from Sally Mills in the cafe?
4. What kind of car does Kate drive?
5. What does Thor call Toe Rag?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sister Bailey regard Odin?
2. What does Kate think of Dirk's appearance when she confronts him after the crash?
3. Why does Dirk think that his 'Zen' navigation technique has led him to precisely where he is supposed to be?
4. How has Thor felt of late, especially after having had to rip himself from the floor to which he has been glued?
5. What does the pub look like where Kate and Dirk go when the cars are getting fixed?
6. What does Dirk think of the 6:30 am meeting time that Anstey arranged for them?
7. What does Dirk do when Bates asks if he is going to pay for the newspaper he just took from his stand?
8. What does Dirk think about Anstey's bedroom?
9. How does Kate counter Mr. Standish's discussion of a Grand Unified Field Theory of Everything?
10. Describe Kate's car and what condition it is in.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Dirk's encounter with Sally Mills at the cafe. Why is he in the cafe in the first place? What does she do to help him? Is he deserving of her help? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Dirk ends up at King's Cross station. What is he looking for that leads him there? What happens when he gets there?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Toe Rag's role in the book. Who does he work for? What does he look like? What deeds has he done? What is the nature of most of his deeds?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)