|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the wife of the lawyer that Dirk hits with his car?
2. What has been left at the hospital for Kate?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A bill.
(c) A pizza.
(d) A guilded soda can.
3. What does the nurse say is rumored of Howard Bell?
(a) That he eats worms every day.
(b) That he has eyes in the back of his head.
(c) That he is a saint.
(d) That he is in a pact with the devil.
4. What squeaks in protest as Dirk drives down the road in the rain in Chapter 19?
(a) His wipers.
(b) His stress toy.
(c) His turn signal.
(d) A mouse in his seat.
5. What does Thor tell Odin he could not steal from his son?
(a) His power.
(b) His life.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing that keeps Kate from screaming as she and Thor hurtle through space?
2. Where did Dirk buy the Japanese print that is missing from his wall when the eagle comes into his house?
3. How is Thor holding Kate as they hurtle through space?
4. What sensory experience for Dirk increases with a heavy sky?
5. Where do Kate and Thor find themselves when they flick out of Asgard?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dirk hurt himself as he tries to get into confront the eagle?
2. How does Kate withstand the flight with Thor's hammer?
3. What does Sally Mills say about Dirk's appearance at the hospital?
4. What does the author imply has happened to the Draycotts at the end of the book?
5. What does the North Sea look like when Kate and Thor arrive in Asgard?
6. What does the old man that finally gives Dirk a cigarette look like?
7. What does the hammer that Thor pulls out to fight the eagle with look like?
8. How does Kate give Thor what he wants for his wounds?
9. What kind of treatment does Thor want for his wounds?
10. How does Thor react when Kate questions him about the supernatural events surrounding him?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)