|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tsuliwaensis tell Thor to be wary of?
(a) Clive Draycott.
(b) Toe Rag.
2. Who sends a constant barrage of paradoxical notices to Dirk in the mail?
(a) His brother.
(b) American Express.
(d) The government.
3. In Dirk's experience, what do crazy, pushy New York drivers explain to oncoming traffic as they careen out into the road?
(a) The Day of Judgement.
(b) Tax situations.
(c) The price of tea in Tibet.
(d) The Return of the King.
4. In a rage, what does Thor tell Odin he has found?
(a) His lost helmet.
(b) The remaining stones from Wales.
(c) The contract.
(d) The phone book.
5. What has happened to many of the gods?
(a) They have retired with a pension.
(b) They have succumbed to alcoholism.
(c) They have transmutated into animals.
(d) They have found jobs in other dimensions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author characterize the Eighties?
2. How does Kate describe Thor's eyes?
3. What happens to a god that makes the god know he is dead?
4. What does Dirk substitute for a cigarette and tap it in a cigarette-like way?
5. Which neighbor of Kate's has recently died of a heart attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Dirk searches in vain for cigarettes, how does he feel when he has tried every place he can think of and can't get a pack?
2. Who is Stan Dubeck?
3. How does Thor's mood affect Kate and the weather?
4. How does Neil approach Kate about the vending machine?
5. How does Kate give Thor what he wants for his wounds?
6. What does the hammer that Thor pulls out to fight the eagle with look like?
7. What does the old man that finally gives Dirk a cigarette look like?
8. What does Sally Mills say about Dirk's appearance at the hospital?
9. What does the author imply has happened to the Draycotts at the end of the book?
10. How does Kate know that Thor is the man she has been looking for from the airport?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)