|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thor tear up to bind his injured arm?
(a) Kate's umbrella.
(b) Kate's nightgown.
(c) Kate's towel.
(d) Kate's tablecloth.
2. What is Tsuliwaensis about to do when Kate and Thor arrive in Asgard?
(a) Ride on a ghost ship.
(b) Cook a mutton steak.
(c) Steal the keys to Valhalla.
(d) Kill herself.
3. Where does the eagle injure Dirk as he tries to escape to get some cigarettes?
(a) On his leg.
(b) On his arm.
(c) On his nose.
(d) On his right ear.
4. What does the green-eyed devil-figure wave around?
(a) A scythe.
(b) A magic wand.
(c) A British flag.
(d) A knife.
5. How is Thor holding Kate as they hurtle through space?
(a) By the arm.
(b) By the hair.
(c) Like a baby.
(d) By the waist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to many of the gods?
2. How does Dirk think of the eagle's beak?
3. In Dirk's experience, what do crazy, pushy New York drivers explain to oncoming traffic as they careen out into the road?
4. According to Odin, very little attention was given to _____ at Valhalla.
5. What kind of script is on the papers Dirk stares at as he contemplates what to do about the eagle in his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dirk think he should do to the Draycotts in regards to his suspicions about them concerning Anstey's death?
2. What deliberate provocation does Thor precipitate toward Kate after his bath and how does Kate react?
3. How does Thor react when Kate questions him about the supernatural events surrounding him?
4. How does Kate know that Thor is the man she has been looking for from the airport?
5. How does Thor's mood affect Kate and the weather?
6. How does Thor describe himself to Kate and how does she react?
7. What does the Saint Pancras Station look like?
8. How do Toe Rag and the green-eyed monster try to escape from Valhalla?
9. What kind of treatment does Thor want for his wounds?
10. How does Neil approach Kate about the vending machine?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)