|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kate describe Thor's eyes?
(a) As jade-like.
(b) As tired.
(c) As glacial.
(d) As oval.
2. How does Thor explain how he and Kate are going to get to Asgard?
(a) As molecules.
(c) By closing their eyes.
(d) As shapeshifters.
3. What does the nurse say is rumored of Howard Bell?
(a) That he is in a pact with the devil.
(b) That he has eyes in the back of his head.
(c) That he is a saint.
(d) That he eats worms every day.
4. How does the author describe Odin's hands in the bed at Woodshead?
(a) As womanly.
(b) As skeletal.
(c) As exquisitely frail.
(d) As still strong and powerful.
5. What happens to a god that makes the god know he is dead?
(a) He can't see himself in the mirror.
(b) A white tree grows out of his head.
(c) A duck lays a golden egg in his right hand.
(d) He ceases to bleed star plasma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tsuliwaensis say in terms of the number of immortal gods that are left?
2. What does the green-eyed monster do to the stable master at Valhalla?
3. When does Dirk reminisce that one could get once cigarettes?
4. What sort of path does Thor's hammer take when he throws it into the sky?
5. What is the name of the wife of the lawyer that Dirk hits with his car?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Thor want Kate to see Asgard and how does Kate react?
2. What does the hammer that Thor pulls out to fight the eagle with look like?
3. What deliberate provocation does Thor precipitate toward Kate after his bath and how does Kate react?
4. What is Dirk's impression of the eagle when he sees it in the street?
5. What does the Saint Pancras Station look like?
6. How does Dirk hurt himself as he tries to get into confront the eagle?
7. When Dirk searches in vain for cigarettes, how does he feel when he has tried every place he can think of and can't get a pack?
8. How does Thor's mood affect Kate and the weather?
9. How does Neil approach Kate about the vending machine?
10. How does Kate withstand the flight with Thor's hammer?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)