|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he is in the altercation with the eagle, Dirk considers _____.
(a) Running the bird down with his car.
(b) Flooding the basement.
(c) Burning the house down.
(d) What the eagle would taste like roasted.
2. What does the "tramp" ask Dirk for outside his house?
(a) A cup of tea.
(b) A garage space for his "car".
(c) A 10-pound note.
(d) A plate of fortune.
3. What befalls Toe Rag and the green-eyed monster?
(a) The end up on Saturn.
(b) They are eaten by the Guilt God.
(c) The turn into fire hydrants.
(d) The kill each other.
4. The air at Valhalla is filled with the noiseless howls of _____.
(a) Great winged dogs.
(b) The lonely wind.
(c) Tortured prisoners.
(d) Old godly jokes.
5. What kind of firm does Clive Draycott belong to?
(a) A good firm of city solicitors.
(b) A bad firm of shady charlatans.
(c) A large firm of prosecutors.
(d) A co-ed firm of public defenders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attends Odin at Woodshead as he prepares to return to Asgard?
2. Where does Dirk decline offers that don't involve the procurement of cigarettes?
3. Who once occupied the hospital bed Dirk finds himself in?
4. What does Kate call Thor when he initially refuses her help with his injuries?
5. Who does Tsuliwaensis tell Thor to be wary of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thor react when Kate questions him about the supernatural events surrounding him?
2. What does the hammer that Thor pulls out to fight the eagle with look like?
3. Where does Thor find Odin's contract and what happens when he tries to present the evidence in Valhalla?
4. Who is Stan Dubeck?
5. Why does Thor want Kate to see Asgard and how does Kate react?
6. How does Neil approach Kate about the vending machine?
7. What is Dirk's impression of the eagle when he sees it in the street?
8. What deliberate provocation does Thor precipitate toward Kate after his bath and how does Kate react?
9. What does the author imply has happened to the Draycotts at the end of the book?
10. What has happened as a result of the eagle changing back into a jet fighter?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)