|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of script is on the papers Dirk stares at as he contemplates what to do about the eagle in his house?
(c) Old French.
2. In Dirk's experience, what do crazy, pushy New York drivers explain to oncoming traffic as they careen out into the road?
(a) Tax situations.
(b) The Day of Judgement.
(c) The Return of the King.
(d) The price of tea in Tibet.
3. What sort of path does Thor's hammer take when he throws it into the sky?
(a) A loopty-loop.
(b) A right angle.
(c) A long parabola.
(d) A short vector.
4. What kind of firm does Clive Draycott belong to?
(a) A bad firm of shady charlatans.
(b) A good firm of city solicitors.
(c) A large firm of prosecutors.
(d) A co-ed firm of public defenders.
5. The air at Valhalla is filled with the noiseless howls of _____.
(a) Tortured prisoners.
(b) Great winged dogs.
(c) The lonely wind.
(d) Old godly jokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate ask about when she tells Thor she has been reading about him?
2. What does Odin have to promise Woodshead to stay there?
3. What part of London does Dirk say is antique buildings being ripped apart?
4. What did Odin sacrifice one of his own eyes for?
5. What part of London does Dirk say has wet litter wildly flapping?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dirk think of the subconscious mind?
2. Why was the Aries Rising Record Group founded and how did it evolve?
3. How does Neil approach Kate about the vending machine?
4. What is Dirk's impression of the eagle when he sees it in the street?
5. How do Toe Rag and the green-eyed monster try to escape from Valhalla?
6. What deliberate provocation does Thor precipitate toward Kate after his bath and how does Kate react?
7. How does Thor describe himself to Kate and how does she react?
8. What does the old man that finally gives Dirk a cigarette look like?
9. What does the hammer that Thor pulls out to fight the eagle with look like?
10. What does the North Sea look like when Kate and Thor arrive in Asgard?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)