|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thor tear up to bind his injured arm?
(a) Kate's towel.
(b) Kate's umbrella.
(c) Kate's nightgown.
(d) Kate's tablecloth.
2. What does the "tramp" ask Dirk for outside his house?
(a) A cup of tea.
(b) A plate of fortune.
(c) A 10-pound note.
(d) A garage space for his "car".
3. What is the only thing that keeps Kate from screaming as she and Thor hurtle through space?
(a) He dignity.
(b) The air pressure.
(c) The rain in her throat.
(d) Thor's body odor.
4. What happens to a god that makes the god know he is dead?
(a) A duck lays a golden egg in his right hand.
(b) He can't see himself in the mirror.
(c) A white tree grows out of his head.
(d) He ceases to bleed star plasma.
5. Where does Dirk decline offers that don't involve the procurement of cigarettes?
(a) Stamford Road,
(b) Blackfriar's Road.
(c) York Way.
(d) Lincolnshire Way.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dirk think of the eagle's beak?
2. What does the green-eyed monster do to the stable master at Valhalla?
3. According to Odin, very little attention was given to _____ at Valhalla.
4. What does Kate ask if she will need in Asgard before they go?
5. What did Odin sacrifice one of his own eyes for?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Dirk searches in vain for cigarettes, how does he feel when he has tried every place he can think of and can't get a pack?
2. What does the old man that finally gives Dirk a cigarette look like?
3. What deliberate provocation does Thor precipitate toward Kate after his bath and how does Kate react?
4. How does Thor describe himself to Kate and how does she react?
5. Where does Thor find Odin's contract and what happens when he tries to present the evidence in Valhalla?
6. How does Dirk hurt himself as he tries to get into confront the eagle?
7. How does Kate withstand the flight with Thor's hammer?
8. How is Dirk's denial about his smoking habit shown in Chapter 25?
9. How does Thor react when Kate questions him about the supernatural events surrounding him?
10. How does Kate know that Thor is the man she has been looking for from the airport?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)