|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate call Thor when he initially refuses her help with his injuries?
2. Where did Dirk buy the Japanese print that is missing from his wall when the eagle comes into his house?
(c) Camden Passage.
3. Why does Dirk think nobody will sell him cigarettes?
(a) Because it is raining.
(b) Because they aren't in the mood.
(c) Because they are out fo stock.
(d) Because he looks like a maniac.
4. What is in the lip preserver Kate puts in Thor's bath?
(c) Jojoba oil.
(d) Shea butter.
5. What is the neroli oil Kate puts in Thor's bath distilled from?
(a) The argan tree.
(b) Shea nuts.
(c) Bitter orange blossoms.
(d) Bitter almonds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man that befriends Dirk at King's Cross Station utter often?
2. What does Dirk think he will not be able to handle in terms of the eagle in his house if he tries to go upstairs to get a cigarette?
3. How does Kate describe Thor's eyes?
4. Dirk awakens in the hospital and finds he has _____.
5. When Dirk is struggling up through Pentonville Road in traffic, what does he suddenly think of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deliberate provocation does Thor precipitate toward Kate after his bath and how does Kate react?
2. What has happened as a result of the eagle changing back into a jet fighter?
3. How is Dirk's denial about his smoking habit shown in Chapter 25?
4. How does Neil approach Kate about the vending machine?
5. How does Thor react when Kate questions him about the supernatural events surrounding him?
6. What happens to Dirk when he jumps out of his house?
7. How does Thor put things right after he tears up Odin's contract and why does he do this?
8. How does Kate give Thor what he wants for his wounds?
9. Where does Thor find Odin's contract and what happens when he tries to present the evidence in Valhalla?
10. What does Sally Mills say about Dirk's appearance at the hospital?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)