|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe Odin's hands in the bed at Woodshead?
(a) As exquisitely frail.
(b) As womanly.
(c) As skeletal.
(d) As still strong and powerful.
2. What befalls Toe Rag and the green-eyed monster?
(a) The turn into fire hydrants.
(b) They are eaten by the Guilt God.
(c) The end up on Saturn.
(d) The kill each other.
3. How does Thor explain how he and Kate are going to get to Asgard?
(a) As molecules.
(c) As shapeshifters.
(d) By closing their eyes.
4. Where had the jet fighter tried to shoot Thor down before?
(a) In the North Atlantic.
(b) near the English Channel.
(c) Over the North Sea.
(d) Over the Thames.
5. How does the author characterize the Eighties?
(a) As materialistic.
(b) As meat-eating.
(c) As brilliant.
(d) As utopian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dirk looking forward to when he gets out of the hospital?
2. What does the "tramp" ask Dirk for outside his house?
3. What does Dirk substitute for a cigarette and tap it in a cigarette-like way?
4. When he is in the altercation with the eagle, Dirk considers _____.
5. As Dirk turns through Islington, he begins the long haul past _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Toe Rag and the green-eyed monster try to escape from Valhalla?
2. How does Kate withstand the flight with Thor's hammer?
3. What does the old man that finally gives Dirk a cigarette look like?
4. What does the Saint Pancras Station look like?
5. How does Thor's mood affect Kate and the weather?
6. Who is Stan Dubeck?
7. Why was the Aries Rising Record Group founded and how did it evolve?
8. How is Dirk's denial about his smoking habit shown in Chapter 25?
9. How does Thor describe himself to Kate and how does she react?
10. What does the North Sea look like when Kate and Thor arrive in Asgard?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)