|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Dirk reminisce that one could get once cigarettes?
(a) During the French Revolution.
(b) During the blitz.
(c) During Lent.
(d) During the Depression.
2. On what type of bass does Neil play "The Ride of the Valkyries"?
(a) An Epiphone.
(b) A Dean Edge.
(c) A Fender Precision.
(d) A Steinberger.
3. Where does Dirk decline offers that don't involve the procurement of cigarettes?
(a) Blackfriar's Road.
(b) Stamford Road,
(c) York Way.
(d) Lincolnshire Way.
4. What befalls Toe Rag and the green-eyed monster?
(a) The kill each other.
(b) The turn into fire hydrants.
(c) They are eaten by the Guilt God.
(d) The end up on Saturn.
5. What squeaks in protest as Dirk drives down the road in the rain in Chapter 19?
(a) His wipers.
(b) His stress toy.
(c) A mouse in his seat.
(d) His turn signal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the green-eyed devil-figure wave around?
2. What has been left at the hospital for Kate?
3. What is in the lip preserver Kate puts in Thor's bath?
4. What disturbs the horses that Toe Rag has stolen?
5. When Dirk is struggling up through Pentonville Road in traffic, what does he suddenly think of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thor describe himself to Kate and how does she react?
2. What does Dirk think of the subconscious mind?
3. How do Toe Rag and the green-eyed monster try to escape from Valhalla?
4. How does Thor react when Kate questions him about the supernatural events surrounding him?
5. Why does Thor want Kate to see Asgard and how does Kate react?
6. How does Thor put things right after he tears up Odin's contract and why does he do this?
7. What does the North Sea look like when Kate and Thor arrive in Asgard?
8. What does the old man that finally gives Dirk a cigarette look like?
9. Where does Thor find Odin's contract and what happens when he tries to present the evidence in Valhalla?
10. What does the hammer that Thor pulls out to fight the eagle with look like?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)