|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What squeaks in protest as Dirk drives down the road in the rain in Chapter 19?
(a) A mouse in his seat.
(b) His wipers.
(c) His turn signal.
(d) His stress toy.
2. How does Kate describe Thor's eyes?
(a) As glacial.
(b) As tired.
(c) As oval.
(d) As jade-like.
3. Where do Kate and Thor find themselves when they flick out of Asgard?
(a) A bedroom suite in a hotel.
(b) Dirk's house.
(c) A train station in the South of France.
4. What has been left at the hospital for Kate?
(a) A pizza.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A guilded soda can.
(d) A bill.
5. What kind of firm does Clive Draycott belong to?
(a) A good firm of city solicitors.
(b) A co-ed firm of public defenders.
(c) A large firm of prosecutors.
(d) A bad firm of shady charlatans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Neil asked Thor if he liked _____ when he delivered the Coca-Cola machine.
2. Where does the eagle injure Dirk as he tries to escape to get some cigarettes?
3. Who does Dirk see in the hospital when he wakes up?
4. The air at Valhalla is filled with the noiseless howls of _____.
5. What does Thor say he needs when Kate offers to help him with the bruise she just caused on his face?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kate withstand the flight with Thor's hammer?
2. Where does Thor find Odin's contract and what happens when he tries to present the evidence in Valhalla?
3. What does Dirk think of the subconscious mind?
4. How does Thor react when Kate questions him about the supernatural events surrounding him?
5. What does Sally Mills say about Dirk's appearance at the hospital?
6. What does Dirk think he should do to the Draycotts in regards to his suspicions about them concerning Anstey's death?
7. How do Toe Rag and the green-eyed monster try to escape from Valhalla?
8. How does Neil approach Kate about the vending machine?
9. Why does Thor want Kate to see Asgard and how does Kate react?
10. What does the old man that finally gives Dirk a cigarette look like?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)