|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dirk decline offers that don't involve the procurement of cigarettes?
(a) Stamford Road,
(b) Blackfriar's Road.
(c) Lincolnshire Way.
(d) York Way.
2. In Dirk's experience, what do crazy, pushy New York drivers explain to oncoming traffic as they careen out into the road?
(a) The price of tea in Tibet.
(b) The Return of the King.
(c) Tax situations.
(d) The Day of Judgement.
3. When Dirk is struggling up through Pentonville Road in traffic, what does he suddenly think of?
(b) Spaghetti incidents.
(d) Egyptian artifacts.
4. As Dirk turns through Islington, he begins the long haul past _____.
(a) Laundromats and car repair shops.
(b) Pet groomers and hair salons.
(c) Hamburger joints and vision centers.
(d) Pizza restaurants and estate agents.
5. What sensory experience for Dirk increases with a heavy sky?
(a) Extreme depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Odin sacrifice one of his own eyes for?
2. How does Dirk describe the lawyer he hits with his car's glasses, hair, and spotted bowtie?
3. What does Kate ask about when she tells Thor she has been reading about him?
4. What happens to a god that makes the god know he is dead?
5. What befalls Toe Rag and the green-eyed monster?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dirk think of the subconscious mind?
2. Why was the Aries Rising Record Group founded and how did it evolve?
3. What happens to Dirk when he jumps out of his house?
4. How is Dirk's denial about his smoking habit shown in Chapter 25?
5. What does the Saint Pancras Station look like?
6. How does Thor's mood affect Kate and the weather?
7. How does Neil approach Kate about the vending machine?
8. What does the old man that finally gives Dirk a cigarette look like?
9. Why does Thor want Kate to see Asgard and how does Kate react?
10. What deliberate provocation does Thor precipitate toward Kate after his bath and how does Kate react?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)