Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe Odin's hands in the bed at Woodshead?
(a) As womanly.
(b) As exquisitely frail.
(c) As still strong and powerful.
(d) As skeletal.
2. When Dirk is struggling up through Pentonville Road in traffic, what does he suddenly think of?
(a) Spaghetti incidents.
(d) Egyptian artifacts.
3. To what conclusion does Dirk come in regards to Thor at the airport when he contemplates the gods roaming the earth?
(a) That he would have no passport.
(b) That the gods could destroy the earth.
(c) That he would have trouble in traffic.
(d) That music would mean nothing to him.
4. What is the only thing that keeps Kate from screaming as she and Thor hurtle through space?
(a) Thor's body odor.
(b) The rain in her throat.
(c) The air pressure.
(d) He dignity.
5. How does the author describe the Midland Grand Hotel?
(a) As an Art Deco trash compactor.
(b) As a huge, dark Gothic Fantasy of a building.
(c) As a colossal dump.
(d) As an epic shrine to mediocrity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of London does Dirk say is antique buildings being ripped apart?
2. Where in Wales did Thor lose count?
3. What does the nurse say is rumored of Howard Bell?
4. What does Odin have to promise Woodshead to stay there?
5. What sensory experience for Dirk increases with a heavy sky?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)