|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Kate and Thor find themselves when they flick out of Asgard?
(b) A bedroom suite in a hotel.
(c) Dirk's house.
(d) A train station in the South of France.
2. Who does Dirk see in the hospital when he wakes up?
(a) Annie Greene.
(b) Sally Mills.
3. Who once occupied the hospital bed Dirk finds himself in?
(a) Clive Draycott.
4. What kind of covering is on Kate's sofa that Neil complains about?
(a) A skin of tackiness.
(b) A Collier Campbell.
(c) A Calico Corners.
(d) A slip-covered nightmare.
5. What part of London does Dirk say is grim concrete monoliths?
(a) Pentonville Road.
(b) Victoria Station.
(d) Primrose Road.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in Wales did Thor lose count?
2. What does Dirk emphasize about his detective agency to the lawyer he hits with his car?
3. What does Thor tell Odin he could not steal from his son?
4. Who has run over Dirk and caused some of his injuries?
5. Who attends Odin at Woodshead as he prepares to return to Asgard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dirk's impression of the eagle when he sees it in the street?
2. What does Sally Mills say about Dirk's appearance at the hospital?
3. How does Kate know that Thor is the man she has been looking for from the airport?
4. How does Neil approach Kate about the vending machine?
5. What does the hammer that Thor pulls out to fight the eagle with look like?
6. What does the old man that finally gives Dirk a cigarette look like?
7. What has happened as a result of the eagle changing back into a jet fighter?
8. What does the author imply has happened to the Draycotts at the end of the book?
9. What does the North Sea look like when Kate and Thor arrive in Asgard?
10. How does Kate give Thor what he wants for his wounds?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)