|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has he been counting in Wales?
(a) Picnic tables.
2. Who does Tsuliwaensis tell Thor to be wary of?
(a) Clive Draycott.
(b) Toe Rag.
3. What disturbs the horses that Toe Rag has stolen?
(c) A short, talking tree.
(d) A large, white metal box.
4. According to Odin, very little attention was given to _____ at Valhalla.
(b) Weapon maintenance.
5. What does Thor turn into a kitten?
(a) A carton of free-range eggs.
(b) A shangung silk pillow.
(c) A carton of milk.
(d) A blue china table lamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe the Midland Grand Hotel?
2. What does Kate ask about when she tells Thor she has been reading about him?
3. What is the only thing that keeps Kate from screaming as she and Thor hurtle through space?
4. What is Dirk looking forward to when he gets out of the hospital?
5. The air at Valhalla is filled with the noiseless howls of _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Dirk's denial about his smoking habit shown in Chapter 25?
2. How does Thor put things right after he tears up Odin's contract and why does he do this?
3. Where does Thor find Odin's contract and what happens when he tries to present the evidence in Valhalla?
4. What does Dirk think he should do to the Draycotts in regards to his suspicions about them concerning Anstey's death?
5. Why does Thor want Kate to see Asgard and how does Kate react?
6. What does Dirk think of the subconscious mind?
7. How does Kate withstand the flight with Thor's hammer?
8. How does Kate know that Thor is the man she has been looking for from the airport?
9. What does Sally Mills say about Dirk's appearance at the hospital?
10. What deliberate provocation does Thor precipitate toward Kate after his bath and how does Kate react?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)