|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thor call Toe Rag?
(a) A faker.
(b) An ugly midget.
(c) A servant.
(d) A goblin.
2. What kind of car does Kate drive?
(a) A green Mercedes convertible.
(b) A battered yellow Citroen.
(c) A spanking new BMV.
(d) A vintage black Jaguar.
3. What are hung on the walls of Anstey's house?
(a) Boat ropes.
(c) Certificates of Merit.
(d) Greek rugs.
4. Who is the waiter's friend who broke his nose?
5. What instrument does Kate's friend play that she mentions to Dirk?
(c) Double bass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mechanic claim damaged the sensitive parts of the engine workings of Dirk's car?
2. The back of the I Ching calculator that Dirk looks at has a back that is falling off due to poor _____.
3. Who does Mr. Standish say is in a trance and engaged in automatic writing at Woodshead?
4. Who does Dennis Hutch work for?
5. What are the group of Germans wearing that Kate sees in the airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dirk think about the missing Miss Pearce and what is his history with her?
2. Why does Gilks think Anstey's death was a suicide?
3. What does Dirk recall about an interview he read about Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo?
4. What does the pub look like where Kate and Dirk go when the cars are getting fixed?
5. What does Dirk say when Sally Mills accuses him of inquisitiveness and presumptuousness?
6. Why does Dirk write his order down on a napkin at the Islington cafe?
7. What does Dirk say of Kate's driving skills and how does he justify this observation?
8. What does Dirk think of the group of waiters when they are waiting around at the Islington cafe?
9. What does Dirk say of the kind of day he thinks Kate has had and how does she react?
10. What does Kate think of Dirk's appearance when she confronts him after the crash?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)