|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What line of work is Kate's brother in in New York?
(a) Freelancing on cello.
(b) Stock brokering.
2. What does Kate notice first about Thor when she encounters him in the street?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His horns.
(c) His hammer.
(d) His hair.
3. Why is Kate scheduled to go to Norway?
(a) To see the fjords.
(b) To photograph the aurora borealis.
(c) On a business trip.
(d) To see Jean-Philippe.
4. What are hung on the walls of Anstey's house?
(a) Greek rugs.
(b) Boat ropes.
(c) Certificates of Merit.
5. What sort of children does Mr. Standish suggest Mrs. Benson might have in their phone conversation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Kate's brother?
2. What is the name of Dirk's cleaning lady?
3. What reason did Dirk's secretary give for looking for a new job?
4. What instrument does Kate's friend play that she mentions to Dirk?
5. What are nine-tenths of the cabin trunks in Kate's dreams filled with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dirk think about the missing Miss Pearce and what is his history with her?
2. Why does Dirk think that his 'Zen' navigation technique has led him to precisely where he is supposed to be?
3. What does Dirk recall about an interview he read about Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo?
4. Why does Gilks think Anstey's death was a suicide?
5. What does Sister Bailey regard Odin?
6. What does Dirk say of Kate's driving skills and how does he justify this observation?
7. What sort of bath tub does Kate have?
8. How does Kate counter Mr. Standish's discussion of a Grand Unified Field Theory of Everything?
9. What is Dirk's impression of Cynthia Draycott when he first encounters her?
10. In what state does Dirk find Anstey when he arrives at his house?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)