|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dealer is Kate's neighbor?
2. The back of the I Ching calculator that Dirk looks at has a back that is falling off due to poor _____.
(b) Sodering techniques.
(c) Glue technology.
(d) Design skills.
3. What does Dirk give Bates for the newspaper he takes?
(a) Twenty pence.
(b) A nickel.
(c) A puppy.
(d) An IOU.
4. How does Kate describe the color of the hospital paint?
5. What kind of pizza does Kate want?
(a) A Nordic Supreme.
(b) An American Hot.
(c) A Sicilian Prime.
(d) A Tuscan Basil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the group of Germans wearing that Kate sees in the airport?
2. Who does the narrator think would not like Dirk's bedroom decor?
3. What kind of desk does Mr. Standish have?
4. Who was Kate's therapist after her husband died?
5. What does the mechanic claim damaged the sensitive parts of the engine workings of Dirk's car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dirk recall about an interview he read about Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo?
2. What does Sister Bailey regard Odin?
3. What does Dirk do when Bates asks if he is going to pay for the newspaper he just took from his stand?
4. What does Dirk say of the kind of day he thinks Kate has had and how does she react?
5. Why does Dirk write his order down on a napkin at the Islington cafe?
6. What does Dirk think of the 6:30 am meeting time that Anstey arranged for them?
7. How does the author describe the boy in Anstey's attic room?
8. What does Kate say about her neighbor who plays double bass?
9. Why does Gilks think Anstey's death was a suicide?
10. Why does the neighborhood on Lupton Road 'resent' the police cars that are parked there?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)