|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dirk find Anstey's gold record hanging?
(a) From a noose.
(b) Around a child's neck.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the bathroom.
2. What kind of pizza does Kate want?
(a) A Tuscan Basil.
(b) A Sicilian Prime.
(c) A Nordic Supreme.
(d) An American Hot.
3. What is the postscript in the letter that Odin has left for Thor?
(a) "Remember Wales".
(b) "It's hammertime".
(c) "Be there at the Challenging Hour".
(d) "With love, Dad".
4. What is the name of Kate's husband who died?
5. What sort of children does Mr. Standish suggest Mrs. Benson might have in their phone conversation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kate think the mechanic pawned the tow job off on his son?
2. The back of the I Ching calculator that Dirk looks at has a back that is falling off due to poor _____.
3. Who does Dirk call to get a new refrigerator?
4. What does Dirk steal from Sally Mills often to have sent to his hotel room?
5. What does the waiter bring Dirk instead of his order?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dirk think about Anstey's bedroom?
2. How does Kate counter Mr. Standish's discussion of a Grand Unified Field Theory of Everything?
3. Describe the second bedroom in Anstey's house.
4. What does Dirk think of the 6:30 am meeting time that Anstey arranged for them?
5. What does Sister Bailey regard Odin?
6. What does Kate think of Dirk's appearance when she confronts him after the crash?
7. What is Dirk's impression of Cynthia Draycott when he first encounters her?
8. What does Dirk recall about an interview he read about Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo?
9. What is Dirk's impression of the hallway in Anstey's house as he enters?
10. What does Dirk think about the missing Miss Pearce and what is his history with her?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)