|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the commentator on the I Ching calculator?
(a) King Arthur.
(b) The Baron of Wen.
(c) King Lear.
(d) The Duke of Chow.
2. What does the waiter bring Dirk instead of his order?
(a) A bill for a table of Germans.
(b) A Coke.
(c) A hot dog on a stick.
(d) An herb omelette and a breadstick.
3. What is the postscript in the letter that Odin has left for Thor?
(a) "Be there at the Challenging Hour".
(b) "With love, Dad".
(c) "Remember Wales".
(d) "It's hammertime".
4. What kind of dealer is Kate's neighbor?
5. What does Kate initially think happened at Heathrow?
(a) It was hit by a meteorite.
(b) It was hit by a plane.
(c) A terrorist bomb.
(d) An earthquake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are hung on the walls of Anstey's house?
2. What is the name of Dirk's cleaning lady?
3. Who was Kate's therapist after her husband died?
4. What instrument does Kate's friend play that she mentions to Dirk?
5. What does Thor call Toe Rag?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the pub look like where Kate and Dirk go when the cars are getting fixed?
2. How does Kate counter Mr. Standish's discussion of a Grand Unified Field Theory of Everything?
3. What does Dirk recall about an interview he read about Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo?
4. What does Odin's room look like at Woodshead?
5. In what state does Dirk find Anstey when he arrives at his house?
6. How does the author describe the boy in Anstey's attic room?
7. What does Dirk think of the group of waiters when they are waiting around at the Islington cafe?
8. Describe Dirk's 'Zen' navigation method.
9. How does Odin feel about the article he has read in the newspaper about the incident at the airport?
10. What does Kate think of Dirk's appearance when she confronts him after the crash?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)