|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kate's last name?
2. What does the waiter bring Dirk instead of his order?
(a) An herb omelette and a breadstick.
(b) A Coke.
(c) A hot dog on a stick.
(d) A bill for a table of Germans.
3. What "unmistakable quality" does Dirk think Anstey's complaining neighbor has about her?
(c) Soccer mom.
4. What is in the bag that is attached to the needle in Kate's arm?
5. What excuse does Gilks give for not turning the record player off?
(a) He likes the song that is playing.
(b) It is Forensic's job.
(c) He is afraid of blood.
(d) It is too far away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate notice first about Thor when she encounters him in the street?
2. At what type of cafe does Dirk take up residence after buying his I Ching calculator?
3. What is the name of Dirk's cleaning lady?
4. How did Kate's husband die?
5. What kind of cigarettes does Dirk smoke when he awakens in his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe the boy in Anstey's attic room?
2. What does Dirk say of Kate's driving skills and how does he justify this observation?
3. What does Dirk think of the 6:30 am meeting time that Anstey arranged for them?
4. What does Kate say about her neighbor who plays double bass?
5. Why does Dirk write his order down on a napkin at the Islington cafe?
6. What does Dirk do when Bates asks if he is going to pay for the newspaper he just took from his stand?
7. What sort of bath tub does Kate have?
8. Describe Dirk's 'Zen' navigation method.
9. What does the pub look like where Kate and Dirk go when the cars are getting fixed?
10. What does Dirk recall about an interview he read about Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)