|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Odin's favorite pastime at Woodshead?
(c) Running from the nuns.
(d) Watching television.
2. Why is Kate scheduled to go to Norway?
(a) To photograph the aurora borealis.
(b) To see Jean-Philippe.
(c) On a business trip.
(d) To see the fjords.
3. Who turns down the sheets for Odin at Woodshead?
(a) Sally Mills.
(b) Sister Bailey.
4. How does Dirk describe his navigation method?
(a) As Zen.
(b) As precise.
(c) As Karmic.
(d) As altruistic.
5. Who states that the incident at the airport is completely under control and they have the situation contained?
(a) British Nuclear Fuels.
(b) The RAF.
(c) British Petroleum.
(d) The SEC.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Kate's neighbor?
2. What "unmistakable quality" does Dirk think Anstey's complaining neighbor has about her?
3. What kind of unsolicited advice does Kate's neighbor give her?
4. What does Kate drink at the pub while the mechanic works on her car?
5. What kind of dealer is Kate's neighbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gilks think Anstey's death was a suicide?
2. Describe Dirk's 'Zen' navigation method.
3. What does Sister Bailey regard Odin?
4. What is Dirk's impression of Cynthia Draycott when he first encounters her?
5. How has Thor felt of late, especially after having had to rip himself from the floor to which he has been glued?
6. What does Dirk think about the missing Miss Pearce and what is his history with her?
7. What does Dirk say when Sally Mills accuses him of inquisitiveness and presumptuousness?
8. How does the author describe the boy in Anstey's attic room?
9. What does the pub look like where Kate and Dirk go when the cars are getting fixed?
10. What sort of bath tub does Kate have?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)