|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is looking for Dirk when he arrives at Anstey's house?
(a) The coroner.
(b) The Prosecutor.
(c) The Chief.
2. What line of work is Kate's brother in in New York?
(a) Stock brokering.
(c) Freelancing on cello.
3. Who does Dirk call to get a new refrigerator?
(a) Nobby Paxton.
(b) Smokin' Joe Brimmington.
(c) Kerry Kuykin.
(d) Gerry Rilke.
4. What is Odin's favorite pastime at Woodshead?
(c) Watching television.
(d) Running from the nuns.
5. With what has Thor been attached to the floor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Kate's husband who died?
2. What is the name of Kate's brother?
3. What is the boy wearing that Dirk encounters in the attic room?
4. What are the group of Germans wearing that Kate sees in the airport?
5. What does the waiter bring Dirk instead of his order?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dirk's impression of Cynthia Draycott when he first encounters her?
2. What does Dirk think about Anstey's bedroom?
3. What does Kate think of Dirk's appearance when she confronts him after the crash?
4. In what state does Dirk find Anstey when he arrives at his house?
5. What does Dirk say of Kate's driving skills and how does he justify this observation?
6. Describe the second bedroom in Anstey's house.
7. Why does Dirk write his order down on a napkin at the Islington cafe?
8. What sort of bath tub does Kate have?
9. How does Kate counter Mr. Standish's discussion of a Grand Unified Field Theory of Everything?
10. What does Dirk say when Sally Mills accuses him of inquisitiveness and presumptuousness?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)