|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is being delivered outside Dirk's house as he wakes up in the morning after the Heathrow incident?
(a) A harpsichord.
(b) A vending machine.
(c) A pizza.
(d) A giant cauldron.
2. What does Kate think her hospital room smells like?
(a) A dog pile.
(b) Sour mop water.
(c) A vacuum cleaner's armpit.
(d) A sewage treatment plant.
3. What are hung on the walls of Anstey's house?
(a) Boat ropes.
(c) Greek rugs.
(d) Certificates of Merit.
4. What does Kate initially think happened at Heathrow?
(a) It was hit by a meteorite.
(b) It was hit by a plane.
(c) A terrorist bomb.
(d) An earthquake.
5. Who states that the incident at the airport is completely under control and they have the situation contained?
(a) British Petroleum.
(b) The RAF.
(c) The SEC.
(d) British Nuclear Fuels.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thor think of Toe Rag's voice?
2. What is hanging on the wall of Mr. Standish's office?
3. At Anstey's house, Gilks tells Dirk to quit standing there like a _____.
4. What did someone hide in Thor's helmet once to provoke him?
5. What falls from behind the gold record when Dirk adjusts it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dirk say of Kate's driving skills and how does he justify this observation?
2. What does Kate say about her neighbor who plays double bass?
3. What does Kate think of Dirk's appearance when she confronts him after the crash?
4. Describe Dirk's 'Zen' navigation method.
5. What does Dirk do when Bates asks if he is going to pay for the newspaper he just took from his stand?
6. Why does Dirk write his order down on a napkin at the Islington cafe?
7. How does Kate counter Mr. Standish's discussion of a Grand Unified Field Theory of Everything?
8. What is Dirk's impression of the hallway in Anstey's house as he enters?
9. How has Thor felt of late, especially after having had to rip himself from the floor to which he has been glued?
10. How does Odin feel about the article he has read in the newspaper about the incident at the airport?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)