|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kate's neighbor steal from her that has injured their relationship?
2. What is the name of Kate's neighbor?
3. How does Thor think of Toe Rag's voice?
(a) As snake-like.
(b) As a meaningless terrier bark.
(c) As fruitless as a naked pear tree.
(d) As a cheap, white nylon shirt.
4. Why is Kate scheduled to go to Norway?
(a) To photograph the aurora borealis.
(b) On a business trip.
(c) To see the fjords.
(d) To see Jean-Philippe.
5. What kind of desk does Mr. Standish have?
(a) Brushed aluminum.
(b) Black ash.
(c) Leather inlaid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is country of origin of the record turntable in Anstey's basement?
2. What instrument does Kate's friend play that she mentions to Dirk?
3. What kind of wares does the shop that Dirk goes into sell?
4. What line of work is Kate's brother in in New York?
5. What does Kate plan to get from the corner shop as she heads home after her encounter with Dirk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gilks think Anstey's death was a suicide?
2. What does Dirk think about the missing Miss Pearce and what is his history with her?
3. What does Kate say about her neighbor who plays double bass?
4. What does Dirk say of Kate's driving skills and how does he justify this observation?
5. What does Kate think of Dirk's appearance when she confronts him after the crash?
6. What sort of bath tub does Kate have?
7. What does Dirk say of the kind of day he thinks Kate has had and how does she react?
8. Why does the neighborhood on Lupton Road 'resent' the police cars that are parked there?
9. How has Thor felt of late, especially after having had to rip himself from the floor to which he has been glued?
10. What does Dirk think of the 6:30 am meeting time that Anstey arranged for them?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)