|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rank of Mr. Ralph Standish at Woodshead?
(a) Janitorial advisor.
(b) Head head surgeon.
(c) Chief consultant psychologist.
(d) Director of electro-shock therapy.
2. What is the floor made of that Thor is attached to?
(b) Particle board.
(c) Oak planks.
3. Why does Kate think the mechanic pawned the tow job off on his son?
(a) Because she is an American.
(b) Because her car is old.
(c) Because the accident is not bad enough.
(d) Because Dirk is with her.
4. Why is Kate scheduled to go to Norway?
(a) On a business trip.
(b) To photograph the aurora borealis.
(c) To see the fjords.
(d) To see Jean-Philippe.
5. What is being delivered outside Dirk's house as he wakes up in the morning after the Heathrow incident?
(a) A vending machine.
(b) A harpsichord.
(c) A pizza.
(d) A giant cauldron.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the boy that Dirk encounters in the attic room drink his soda?
2. At what type of cafe does Dirk take up residence after buying his I Ching calculator?
3. What does Kate initially think happened at Heathrow?
4. What is the boy that Dirk encounters in the attic room watching on television?
5. What is hanging on the wall of Mr. Standish's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Odin's room look like at Woodshead?
2. What does Dirk recall about an interview he read about Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo?
3. What does Dirk say of the kind of day he thinks Kate has had and how does she react?
4. Why does the neighborhood on Lupton Road 'resent' the police cars that are parked there?
5. How does Odin feel about linen and why?
6. What does Kate say about her neighbor who plays double bass?
7. What does Dirk think about Anstey's bedroom?
8. In what state does Dirk find Anstey when he arrives at his house?
9. What does Dirk think of the group of waiters when they are waiting around at the Islington cafe?
10. What does Dirk think about the missing Miss Pearce and what is his history with her?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)