Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Kate's friend play that she mentions to Dirk?
(b) Double bass.
2. What does Kate initially think happened at Heathrow?
(a) A terrorist bomb.
(b) It was hit by a plane.
(c) It was hit by a meteorite.
(d) An earthquake.
3. What is in the bag that is attached to the needle in Kate's arm?
4. What color button does the I Ching say to push once Dirk achieves inner harmony and tranquility?
5. Who is the waiter's friend who broke his nose?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who delivers judgments on Dirk's I Ching calculator?
2. Who turns down the sheets for Odin at Woodshead?
3. What did Kate's neighbor steal from her that has injured their relationship?
4. What is the name of Kate's brother?
5. How does Dirk describe his navigation method?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dirk hurt himself as he tries to get into confront the eagle?
2. How does Thor react when Kate questions him about the supernatural events surrounding him?
3. What does Dirk recall about an interview he read about Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo?
4. What does Dirk say of Kate's driving skills and how does he justify this observation?
5. What does Dirk say when Sally Mills accuses him of inquisitiveness and presumptuousness?
6. Where does Thor find Odin's contract and what happens when he tries to present the evidence in Valhalla?
7. What does Dirk do when Bates asks if he is going to pay for the newspaper he just took from his stand?
8. How does Kate counter Mr. Standish's discussion of a Grand Unified Field Theory of Everything?
9. Why does Gilks think Anstey's death was a suicide?
10. What is Dirk's impression of the eagle when he sees it in the street?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)