|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of cigarettes does Dirk smoke when he awakens in his house?
2. What kind of car does Kate drive?
(a) A vintage black Jaguar.
(b) A green Mercedes convertible.
(c) A spanking new BMV.
(d) A battered yellow Citroen.
3. After the crash, Kate tells Dirk that she has had the sort of day that would make St. Francis of Assisi _____.
(a) Yell at a bunny.
(b) Eat a steak.
(c) Stop praying.
(d) Kick babies.
4. What falls from behind the gold record when Dirk adjusts it?
(a) A newpaper article.
(b) A cream envelope.
(c) A spider.
(d) A bank note.
5. The back of the I Ching calculator that Dirk looks at has a back that is falling off due to poor _____.
(b) Glue technology.
(c) Design skills.
(d) Sodering techniques.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recorded "Hot Potato"?
2. What kind of car is the first one that slows down and asks about the crash between Kate and Dirk, then drives off without helping?
3. What is the name of Dirk's cleaning lady?
4. What is being delivered outside Dirk's house as he wakes up in the morning after the Heathrow incident?
5. What are nine-tenths of the cabin trunks in Kate's dreams filled with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dirk recall about an interview he read about Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo?
2. What does Kate say about her neighbor who plays double bass?
3. What does Dirk say when Sally Mills accuses him of inquisitiveness and presumptuousness?
4. Describe the second bedroom in Anstey's house.
5. What does Dirk do when Bates asks if he is going to pay for the newspaper he just took from his stand?
6. What does Dirk say of the kind of day he thinks Kate has had and how does she react?
7. How does Odin feel about linen and why?
8. Why does Gilks think Anstey's death was a suicide?
9. What is Dirk's impression of Cynthia Draycott when he first encounters her?
10. What does Dirk think about Anstey's bedroom?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)