|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the leader of the band that recorded "Hot Potato"?
2. What is the name of Kate's brother?
3. What is the rank of Mr. Ralph Standish at Woodshead?
(a) Head head surgeon.
(b) Janitorial advisor.
(c) Chief consultant psychologist.
(d) Director of electro-shock therapy.
4. When does Thor wish to meet Odin for a showdown?
(a) At midnight.
(b) At the Darkening Hour.
(c) At 6:15 am.
(d) At the Challenging Hour.
5. Who does Mr. Standish say is in a trance and engaged in automatic writing at Woodshead?
(a) Mrs. May.
(c) Sally Mills.
(d) Sister Eldra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dennis Hutch work for?
2. What is the name of the person who writes horoscopes for the newspaper?
3. What is Odin's favorite pastime at Woodshead?
4. What does Kate say her lawyer will do to Dirk's lawyer after he hits her car?
5. What kind of car does Dirk have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dirk think about the missing Miss Pearce and what is his history with her?
2. What does Dirk say of the kind of day he thinks Kate has had and how does she react?
3. What sort of bath tub does Kate have?
4. How does the author describe the boy in Anstey's attic room?
5. What does the pub look like where Kate and Dirk go when the cars are getting fixed?
6. Describe Dirk's 'Zen' navigation method.
7. What does Kate say about her neighbor who plays double bass?
8. What does Dirk say when Sally Mills accuses him of inquisitiveness and presumptuousness?
9. In what state does Dirk find Anstey when he arrives at his house?
10. What does Dirk say of Kate's driving skills and how does he justify this observation?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)