|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Toe Rag consider himself a professional?
(a) As a provocateur.
(b) As a sabateur.
(c) As a servant.
(d) As a whistle blower.
2. What does Dirk find in his refrigerator when he opens it in the morning that disturbs him?
(a) A moldy banana.
(b) A spider.
(c) A smelly piece of meat.
(d) A second human hair.
3. Who recorded "Hot Potato"?
(a) Anarchy's Midwife.
(b) Seclusion of the Orion Scorpionic Monks.
(c) Rolling Stones.
(d) Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo.
4. Why is the African diplomat brought to Woodshead?
(a) To consider buying the place.
(b) To get his toe operated on.
(c) To evaluate it for his ailing mother.
(d) To get gallstones removed.
5. How did Kate's husband die?
(a) In a plane crash over Idaho.
(b) Choking on a cheeseburger in Hong Kong.
(c) Sailing the English Channel.
(d) Hailing a taxi in New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Dirk have?
2. What is hanging on the wall of Mr. Standish's office?
3. How does the boy that Dirk encounters in the attic room drink his soda?
4. Why is Kate scheduled to go to Norway?
5. Who was Kate's therapist after her husband died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of bath tub does Kate have?
2. What does Sister Bailey regard Odin?
3. What is Dirk's impression of the hallway in Anstey's house as he enters?
4. Why does Dirk write his order down on a napkin at the Islington cafe?
5. What does Dirk think about the missing Miss Pearce and what is his history with her?
6. How does Odin feel about the article he has read in the newspaper about the incident at the airport?
7. Describe the second bedroom in Anstey's house.
8. Describe Dirk's 'Zen' navigation method.
9. What does Kate say about her neighbor who plays double bass?
10. Why does Dirk think that his 'Zen' navigation technique has led him to precisely where he is supposed to be?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)