|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is country of origin of the record turntable in Anstey's basement?
2. What did Kate's neighbor steal from her that has injured their relationship?
3. How is Odin described when Thor contemplates Toe Rag's insistence that he only does what Odin tells him to do?
(a) As a force of nature.
(b) As a lightening bolt.
(c) As a tree-totaller.
(d) As a pampered old god.
4. What is the postscript in the letter that Odin has left for Thor?
(a) "Be there at the Challenging Hour".
(b) "Remember Wales".
(c) "With love, Dad".
(d) "It's hammertime".
5. What does Kate notice first about Thor when she encounters him in the street?
(a) His hair.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His horns.
(d) His hammer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dirk find Anstey's gold record hanging?
2. What is the boy that Dirk encounters in the attic room watching on television?
3. Who recorded "Hot Potato"?
4. Who is the waiter's friend who broke his nose?
5. The back of the I Ching calculator that Dirk looks at has a back that is falling off due to poor _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dirk think about the missing Miss Pearce and what is his history with her?
2. What does the pub look like where Kate and Dirk go when the cars are getting fixed?
3. What does Sally Mills say about Dirk's appearance at the hospital?
4. Why does the neighborhood on Lupton Road 'resent' the police cars that are parked there?
5. Who is Stan Dubeck?
6. What does Dirk recall about an interview he read about Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo?
7. How does Odin feel about the article he has read in the newspaper about the incident at the airport?
8. What does the North Sea look like when Kate and Thor arrive in Asgard?
9. Describe Kate's car and what condition it is in.
10. How do Toe Rag and the green-eyed monster try to escape from Valhalla?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)