|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car does Dirk have?
(a) A frumpy Jetta.
(b) A sedate Sienna.
(c) A coughing Dodge.
(d) An elderly Jaguar.
2. How does the boy that Dirk encounters in the attic room drink his soda?
(a) Standing on his head.
(b) Through his nose.
(c) Through a moldy straw.
(d) Through a hosepipe.
3. What is the name of Kate's brother?
4. Who does Mr. Standish say is in a trance and engaged in automatic writing at Woodshead?
(a) Sister Eldra.
(b) Sally Mills.
(d) Mrs. May.
5. What color button does the I Ching say to push once Dirk achieves inner harmony and tranquility?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of unsolicited advice does Kate's neighbor give her?
2. What is Odin's favorite pastime at Woodshead?
3. Who recorded "Hot Potato"?
4. What is country of origin of the record turntable in Anstey's basement?
5. What instrument does Kate's friend play that she mentions to Dirk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sister Bailey regard Odin?
2. What does Dirk think about Anstey's bedroom?
3. Why does Gilks think Anstey's death was a suicide?
4. In what state does Dirk find Anstey when he arrives at his house?
5. What does Kate say about her neighbor who plays double bass?
6. Describe the second bedroom in Anstey's house.
7. Why does Dirk think that his 'Zen' navigation technique has led him to precisely where he is supposed to be?
8. Describe Dirk's 'Zen' navigation method.
9. Why does Dirk write his order down on a napkin at the Islington cafe?
10. What does Dirk recall about an interview he read about Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)