|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Dirk's cleaning lady?
2. Who does Dirk call to get a new refrigerator?
(a) Nobby Paxton.
(b) Gerry Rilke.
(c) Kerry Kuykin.
(d) Smokin' Joe Brimmington.
3. Who wrote the book that Dirk stole from Sally Mills in the cafe?
(a) Michael Creighton.
(b) Howard Bell.
(c) Douglas Adams.
4. What is in the bag that is attached to the needle in Kate's arm?
5. Where is the village located where Woodshead is?
(a) The Blackmoors.
(b) The Hamptons.
(c) The Cotswolds.
(d) The Berkshires.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Kate's brother?
2. Who does Dennis Hutch work for?
3. What does Dirk find in his refrigerator when he opens it in the morning that disturbs him?
4. What kind of cigarettes does Dirk smoke when he awakens in his house?
5. Who turns down the sheets for Odin at Woodshead?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kate counter Mr. Standish's discussion of a Grand Unified Field Theory of Everything?
2. Describe Dirk's 'Zen' navigation method.
3. What does Kate think of Dirk's appearance when she confronts him after the crash?
4. What does Dirk think of the 6:30 am meeting time that Anstey arranged for them?
5. How does the author describe the boy in Anstey's attic room?
6. What does Kate say about her neighbor who plays double bass?
7. What sort of bath tub does Kate have?
8. Why does Dirk think that his 'Zen' navigation technique has led him to precisely where he is supposed to be?
9. Describe Kate's car and what condition it is in.
10. What is Dirk's impression of Cynthia Draycott when he first encounters her?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)