|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe Odin's hands in the bed at Woodshead?
(a) As exquisitely frail.
(b) As skeletal.
(c) As still strong and powerful.
(d) As womanly.
2. How is Thor holding Kate as they hurtle through space?
(a) By the hair.
(b) By the arm.
(c) Like a baby.
(d) By the waist.
3. What does Neil say he definitively won't work with?
(c) Circus performers.
(d) Cardigan sweaters.
4. What has he been counting in Wales?
(d) Picnic tables.
5. What is in the lip preserver Kate puts in Thor's bath?
(b) Shea butter.
(c) Jojoba oil.
6. What does Dirk substitute for a cigarette and tap it in a cigarette-like way?
(a) A twig.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A straw.
(d) A toothpick.
7. What store is closed for the night when Dirk looks for cigarettes?
(a) B.E. Bradley.
(b) H.W. Smith.
(c) Cross Wares.
8. Why does Thor go to Wales to count the things he has to count?
9. What is the lawyer who Dirk hits with his car wearing?
(a) A Member's Only windbreaker.
(c) A yellow Polo.
(d) An Italian suit.
10. What does Odin say of being a god in reference to the white linen sheets he gets at Woodshead?
(a) It is superior.
(b) It is unclean.
(c) It is powerful.
(d) It is resourceful.
11. When does Dirk reminisce that one could get once cigarettes?
(a) During the blitz.
(b) During Lent.
(c) During the French Revolution.
(d) During the Depression.
12. What does Dirk emphasize about his detective agency to the lawyer he hits with his car?
(a) That it is in ruins.
(b) That it is holistic.
(c) That it is in the red.
(d) That it is honest.
13. What is the only thing that keeps Kate from screaming as she and Thor hurtle through space?
(a) The rain in her throat.
(b) He dignity.
(c) Thor's body odor.
(d) The air pressure.
14. What kind of script is on the papers Dirk stares at as he contemplates what to do about the eagle in his house?
(c) Old French.
15. Who does Dirk see in the hospital when he wakes up?
(a) Annie Greene.
(b) Sally Mills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate go find to help Thor with his injuries?
2. What does the "tramp" ask Dirk for outside his house?
3. What squeaks in protest as Dirk drives down the road in the rain in Chapter 19?
4. Where in Wales did Thor lose count?
5. What sensory experience for Dirk increases with a heavy sky?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)