|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of covering is on Kate's sofa that Neil complains about?
(a) A slip-covered nightmare.
(b) A Collier Campbell.
(c) A Calico Corners.
(d) A skin of tackiness.
2. In what kind of vehicle does Odin return to Valhalla?
(a) A Mack diesel.
(b) A decrepit Jaguar.
(c) A dead-in-the-water Citroen.
(d) An unmarked gray Mercedes van.
3. What does the "tramp" ask Dirk for outside his house?
(a) A garage space for his "car".
(b) A plate of fortune.
(c) A cup of tea.
(d) A 10-pound note.
4. What part of London does Dirk say is antique buildings being ripped apart?
(a) The West End.
(b) Lower Street.
(c) The East End.
(d) Upper Street.
5. What does Odin have to promise Woodshead to stay there?
(a) His entire estate.
(c) His god-like powers.
(d) His son, Thor.
6. What part of London does Dirk say is grim concrete monoliths?
(a) Pentonville Road.
(b) Primrose Road.
(d) Victoria Station.
7. How does Kate describe Thor's eyes?
(a) As jade-like.
(b) As tired.
(c) As glacial.
(d) As oval.
8. What does Kate ask if she will need in Asgard before they go?
(a) A coat.
(b) A snack.
(c) An ashtray.
(d) A blanket.
9. What does Thor tear up to bind his injured arm?
(a) Kate's nightgown.
(b) Kate's towel.
(c) Kate's umbrella.
(d) Kate's tablecloth.
10. Where did Dirk buy the Japanese print that is missing from his wall when the eagle comes into his house?
(a) Camden Passage.
11. What sort of path does Thor's hammer take when he throws it into the sky?
(a) A right angle.
(b) A short vector.
(c) A long parabola.
(d) A loopty-loop.
12. What does Dirk emphasize about his detective agency to the lawyer he hits with his car?
(a) That it is honest.
(b) That it is in the red.
(c) That it is in ruins.
(d) That it is holistic.
13. What does the green-eyed devil-figure wave around?
(a) A scythe.
(b) A magic wand.
(c) A British flag.
(d) A knife.
14. How does the author characterize the Eighties?
(a) As brilliant.
(b) As meat-eating.
(c) As utopian.
(d) As materialistic.
15. How does Dirk think of the eagle's beak?
(a) As a meat eater.
(b) As a major piece of armory.
(c) As a small consideration.
(d) As a needly poker.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Dirk turns through Islington, he begins the long haul past _____.
2. Who sends a constant barrage of paradoxical notices to Dirk in the mail?
3. What creatures crouch beneath the foul sky outside the gates of Valhalla?
4. According to Odin, very little attention was given to _____ at Valhalla.
5. What does Thor turn into a kitten?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)