|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Dirk reminisce that one could get once cigarettes?
(a) During the blitz.
(b) During Lent.
(c) During the Depression.
(d) During the French Revolution.
2. What befalls Toe Rag and the green-eyed monster?
(a) The turn into fire hydrants.
(b) They are eaten by the Guilt God.
(c) The end up on Saturn.
(d) The kill each other.
3. As Dirk turns through Islington, he begins the long haul past _____.
(a) Pizza restaurants and estate agents.
(b) Hamburger joints and vision centers.
(c) Laundromats and car repair shops.
(d) Pet groomers and hair salons.
4. What is in the lip preserver Kate puts in Thor's bath?
(a) Jojoba oil.
(b) Shea butter.
5. What is Dirk looking forward to when he gets out of the hospital?
(a) A meat-eating detective business.
(b) A hot fudges sundae.
(c) A new phase of fridge ownership.
(d) A class-action lawsuit against lawsuits.
6. How does the author describe Odin's hands in the bed at Woodshead?
(a) As exquisitely frail.
(b) As skeletal.
(c) As still strong and powerful.
(d) As womanly.
7. How did Thor take care of the fighter pilot's wife?
(a) By selling his stock.
(b) By fixing the lottery for her.
(c) By repairing her house.
(d) By giving her a golden hammer.
8. What sensory experience for Dirk increases with a heavy sky?
(b) Extreme depression.
9. Where does Dirk decline offers that don't involve the procurement of cigarettes?
(a) Blackfriar's Road.
(b) York Way.
(c) Stamford Road,
(d) Lincolnshire Way.
10. How does Dirk think of the eagle's beak?
(a) As a meat eater.
(b) As a major piece of armory.
(c) As a small consideration.
(d) As a needly poker.
11. How does Dirk describe the lawyer he hits with his car's glasses, hair, and spotted bowtie?
(a) As quiet.
(b) As sinister.
(c) As belittling.
(d) As loud.
12. How does Kate describe Thor's eyes?
(a) As glacial.
(b) As tired.
(c) As jade-like.
(d) As oval.
13. What does Thor say he needs when Kate offers to help him with the bruise she just caused on his face?
(a) A hug.
(d) A cold compress.
14. Where does the eagle injure Dirk as he tries to escape to get some cigarettes?
(a) On his right ear.
(b) On his leg.
(c) On his nose.
(d) On his arm.
15. How does the author characterize the Eighties?
(a) As utopian.
(b) As brilliant.
(c) As meat-eating.
(d) As materialistic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of firm does Clive Draycott belong to?
2. What has been left at the hospital for Kate?
3. What kind of script is on the papers Dirk stares at as he contemplates what to do about the eagle in his house?
4. How does the author describe the Midland Grand Hotel?
5. Who does Tsuliwaensis tell Thor to be wary of?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)