|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe Odin's hands in the bed at Woodshead?
(a) As womanly.
(b) As exquisitely frail.
(c) As still strong and powerful.
(d) As skeletal.
2. When Dirk is struggling up through Pentonville Road in traffic, what does he suddenly think of?
(a) Spaghetti incidents.
(d) Egyptian artifacts.
3. To what conclusion does Dirk come in regards to Thor at the airport when he contemplates the gods roaming the earth?
(a) That he would have no passport.
(b) That the gods could destroy the earth.
(c) That he would have trouble in traffic.
(d) That music would mean nothing to him.
4. What is the only thing that keeps Kate from screaming as she and Thor hurtle through space?
(a) Thor's body odor.
(b) The rain in her throat.
(c) The air pressure.
(d) He dignity.
5. How does the author describe the Midland Grand Hotel?
(a) As an Art Deco trash compactor.
(b) As a huge, dark Gothic Fantasy of a building.
(c) As a colossal dump.
(d) As an epic shrine to mediocrity.
6. What part of London does Dirk say is antique buildings being ripped apart?
(a) Lower Street.
(b) Upper Street.
(c) The East End.
(d) The West End.
7. Where in Wales did Thor lose count?
8. What does the nurse say is rumored of Howard Bell?
(a) That he has eyes in the back of his head.
(b) That he is a saint.
(c) That he is in a pact with the devil.
(d) That he eats worms every day.
9. What does Odin have to promise Woodshead to stay there?
(a) His entire estate.
(b) His god-like powers.
(d) His son, Thor.
10. What sensory experience for Dirk increases with a heavy sky?
(d) Extreme depression.
11. Who has run over Dirk and caused some of his injuries?
(a) Kate in Dirk's own Jaguar.
(b) A gray Mercedes van.
(c) A motorcycle courier.
(d) Thor in a Volkswagen.
12. Who does Dirk see in the hospital when he wakes up?
(a) Annie Greene.
(d) Sally Mills.
13. What has been left at the hospital for Kate?
(a) A guilded soda can.
(b) A bill.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A pizza.
14. What is the lawyer who Dirk hits with his car wearing?
(a) A Member's Only windbreaker.
(b) An Italian suit.
(c) A yellow Polo.
15. In Dirk's experience, what do crazy, pushy New York drivers explain to oncoming traffic as they careen out into the road?
(a) The price of tea in Tibet.
(b) Tax situations.
(c) The Day of Judgement.
(d) The Return of the King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate go find to help Thor with his injuries?
2. What is Tsuliwaensis about to do when Kate and Thor arrive in Asgard?
3. Where does Dirk decline offers that don't involve the procurement of cigarettes?
4. How does Thor explain how he and Kate are going to get to Asgard?
5. What does Kate call Thor when he initially refuses her help with his injuries?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)