|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Odin sacrifice one of his own eyes for?
(d) A good steak.
2. What sort of path does Thor's hammer take when he throws it into the sky?
(a) A loopty-loop.
(b) A long parabola.
(c) A right angle.
(d) A short vector.
3. What kind of script is on the papers Dirk stares at as he contemplates what to do about the eagle in his house?
(a) Old French.
4. Where do Kate and Thor find themselves when they flick out of Asgard?
(a) A bedroom suite in a hotel.
(c) A train station in the South of France.
(d) Dirk's house.
5. What befalls Toe Rag and the green-eyed monster?
(a) They are eaten by the Guilt God.
(b) The end up on Saturn.
(c) The turn into fire hydrants.
(d) The kill each other.
6. Why does Dirk think nobody will sell him cigarettes?
(a) Because it is raining.
(b) Because they are out fo stock.
(c) Because he looks like a maniac.
(d) Because they aren't in the mood.
7. In a rage, what does Thor tell Odin he has found?
(a) The remaining stones from Wales.
(b) The phone book.
(c) The contract.
(d) His lost helmet.
8. What does the old man that befriends Dirk at King's Cross Station utter often?
(a) "Oh, ah".
9. How did Thor take care of the fighter pilot's wife?
(a) By repairing her house.
(b) By giving her a golden hammer.
(c) By fixing the lottery for her.
(d) By selling his stock.
10. What is sitting next to Odin's bed the afternoon following his return to Woodshead?
(a) An onion ring.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A gold class ring.
(d) A Stanley hammer.
11. What kind of firm does Clive Draycott belong to?
(a) A co-ed firm of public defenders.
(b) A bad firm of shady charlatans.
(c) A good firm of city solicitors.
(d) A large firm of prosecutors.
12. What squeaks in protest as Dirk drives down the road in the rain in Chapter 19?
(a) His turn signal.
(b) His stress toy.
(c) His wipers.
(d) A mouse in his seat.
13. What song does Neil suddenly erupt into during Kate's conversation with Thor after his bath?
(c) Paganini's 24th "Caprice".
14. What does the "tramp" ask Dirk for outside his house?
(a) A plate of fortune.
(b) A cup of tea.
(c) A garage space for his "car".
(d) A 10-pound note.
15. What store is closed for the night when Dirk looks for cigarettes?
(a) B.E. Bradley.
(c) Cross Wares.
(d) H.W. Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Dirk's experience, what do crazy, pushy New York drivers explain to oncoming traffic as they careen out into the road?
2. What disturbs the horses that Toe Rag has stolen?
3. What has happened to many of the gods?
4. What part of London does Dirk say has wet litter wildly flapping?
5. What has he been counting in Wales?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)