|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had the jet fighter tried to shoot Thor down before?
(a) Over the North Sea.
(b) In the North Atlantic.
(c) Over the Thames.
(d) near the English Channel.
2. What does Dirk think he will not be able to handle in terms of the eagle in his house if he tries to go upstairs to get a cigarette?
(a) The thought of the eagle's anger.
(b) The sheer ornithology involved.
(c) The memory of his accident.
(d) His overwhelming queasiness.
3. Why does Thor go to Wales to count the things he has to count?
4. How does Thor explain how he and Kate are going to get to Asgard?
(b) As molecules.
(c) As shapeshifters.
(d) By closing their eyes.
5. What did Odin sacrifice one of his own eyes for?
(b) A good steak.
6. How does Dirk think of the eagle's beak?
(a) As a needly poker.
(b) As a small consideration.
(c) As a meat eater.
(d) As a major piece of armory.
7. What is sitting next to Odin's bed the afternoon following his return to Woodshead?
(a) A Stanley hammer.
(b) An onion ring.
(c) A gold class ring.
(d) A newspaper.
8. What does the nurse say is rumored of Howard Bell?
(a) That he is in a pact with the devil.
(b) That he is a saint.
(c) That he has eyes in the back of his head.
(d) That he eats worms every day.
9. What part of London does Dirk say has wet litter wildly flapping?
(a) Chapel Market.
(b) Marble Arch.
(d) King's Cross.
10. What is the neroli oil Kate puts in Thor's bath distilled from?
(a) Bitter almonds.
(b) The argan tree.
(c) Bitter orange blossoms.
(d) Shea nuts.
11. Who has run over Dirk and caused some of his injuries?
(a) Thor in a Volkswagen.
(b) A gray Mercedes van.
(c) A motorcycle courier.
(d) Kate in Dirk's own Jaguar.
12. What is the lawyer who Dirk hits with his car wearing?
(a) An Italian suit.
(b) A yellow Polo.
(c) A Member's Only windbreaker.
13. What does Thor tear up to bind his injured arm?
(a) Kate's towel.
(b) Kate's nightgown.
(c) Kate's tablecloth.
(d) Kate's umbrella.
14. What has he been counting in Wales?
(d) Picnic tables.
15. Neil asked Thor if he liked _____ when he delivered the Coca-Cola machine.
(b) Bugs Bunny.
(c) Sweet Tarts.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he is in the altercation with the eagle, Dirk considers _____.
2. Where do Kate and Thor find themselves when they flick out of Asgard?
3. What does Thor turn into a kitten?
4. How does Dirk describe the lawyer he hits with his car's glasses, hair, and spotted bowtie?
5. In Dirk's experience, what do crazy, pushy New York drivers explain to oncoming traffic as they careen out into the road?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)