|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the subject of the "big talk" Odin used to endure at Valhalla?
(a) Things being riven.
(b) Maidens being captured.
(c) Weapons being fashioned.
(d) Ancestors being summoned.
2. What does the old man that befriends Dirk at King's Cross Station utter often?
(d) "Oh, ah".
3. In what kind of vehicle does Odin return to Valhalla?
(a) A dead-in-the-water Citroen.
(b) An unmarked gray Mercedes van.
(c) A Mack diesel.
(d) A decrepit Jaguar.
4. What is the neroli oil Kate puts in Thor's bath distilled from?
(a) Shea nuts.
(b) Bitter almonds.
(c) The argan tree.
(d) Bitter orange blossoms.
5. What part of London does Dirk say is grim concrete monoliths?
(a) Pentonville Road.
(b) Victoria Station.
(d) Primrose Road.
6. Who has run over Dirk and caused some of his injuries?
(a) Thor in a Volkswagen.
(b) A gray Mercedes van.
(c) A motorcycle courier.
(d) Kate in Dirk's own Jaguar.
7. What creatures crouch beneath the foul sky outside the gates of Valhalla?
8. What kind of covering is on Kate's sofa that Neil complains about?
(a) A slip-covered nightmare.
(b) A Collier Campbell.
(c) A skin of tackiness.
(d) A Calico Corners.
9. What song does Neil suddenly erupt into during Kate's conversation with Thor after his bath?
(c) Paganini's 24th "Caprice".
10. What part of London does Dirk say has wet litter wildly flapping?
(a) Chapel Market.
(b) Marble Arch.
(d) King's Cross.
11. How does Dirk describe the lawyer he hits with his car's glasses, hair, and spotted bowtie?
(a) As belittling.
(b) As sinister.
(c) As loud.
(d) As quiet.
12. What sensory experience for Dirk increases with a heavy sky?
(a) Extreme depression.
13. What does Thor tear up to bind his injured arm?
(a) Kate's towel.
(b) Kate's nightgown.
(c) Kate's tablecloth.
(d) Kate's umbrella.
14. What is Tsuliwaensis about to do when Kate and Thor arrive in Asgard?
(a) Steal the keys to Valhalla.
(b) Cook a mutton steak.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Ride on a ghost ship.
15. What is sitting next to Odin's bed the afternoon following his return to Woodshead?
(a) A gold class ring.
(b) An onion ring.
(c) A Stanley hammer.
(d) A newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate ask about when she tells Thor she has been reading about him?
2. Which neighbor of Kate's has recently died of a heart attack?
3. What does Dirk think the eagle's talons could easily rip up?
4. Why does Thor go to Wales to count the things he has to count?
5. Who sends a constant barrage of paradoxical notices to Dirk in the mail?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)