|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to many of the gods?
(a) They have transmutated into animals.
(b) They have found jobs in other dimensions.
(c) They have retired with a pension.
(d) They have succumbed to alcoholism.
2. What does Dirk substitute for a cigarette and tap it in a cigarette-like way?
(a) A straw.
(b) A twig.
(c) A pencil.
(d) A toothpick.
3. What is the name of the wife of the lawyer that Dirk hits with his car?
4. What is the neroli oil Kate puts in Thor's bath distilled from?
(a) Shea nuts.
(b) The argan tree.
(c) Bitter almonds.
(d) Bitter orange blossoms.
5. Where does the eagle injure Dirk as he tries to escape to get some cigarettes?
(a) On his arm.
(b) On his nose.
(c) On his right ear.
(d) On his leg.
6. How did Thor take care of the fighter pilot's wife?
(a) By repairing her house.
(b) By selling his stock.
(c) By giving her a golden hammer.
(d) By fixing the lottery for her.
7. Which neighbor of Kate's has recently died of a heart attack?
(a) Mr. Odwin.
(b) Mrs. Grey.
(c) Mr. Black.
(d) Mrs. Sellers.
8. According to Odin, very little attention was given to _____ at Valhalla.
(c) Weapon maintenance.
9. What does Kate ask about when she tells Thor she has been reading about him?
(a) His father.
(b) His helmet.
(c) His wig.
(d) His beard.
10. What creatures crouch beneath the foul sky outside the gates of Valhalla?
11. How does Thor explain how he and Kate are going to get to Asgard?
(a) As shapeshifters.
(b) As molecules.
(c) By closing their eyes.
12. The air at Valhalla is filled with the noiseless howls of _____.
(a) Old godly jokes.
(b) Tortured prisoners.
(c) Great winged dogs.
(d) The lonely wind.
13. What part of London does Dirk say is grim concrete monoliths?
(a) Primrose Road.
(c) Pentonville Road.
(d) Victoria Station.
14. When Dirk is struggling up through Pentonville Road in traffic, what does he suddenly think of?
(a) Egyptian artifacts.
(c) Spaghetti incidents.
15. Where does Dirk decline offers that don't involve the procurement of cigarettes?
(a) York Way.
(b) Blackfriar's Road.
(c) Lincolnshire Way.
(d) Stamford Road,
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing that keeps Kate from screaming as she and Thor hurtle through space?
2. What does Kate go find to help Thor with his injuries?
3. What does Dirk find in his apartment that wasn't there when he left?
4. What does the green-eyed devil-figure wave around?
5. What does Neil say he definitively won't work with?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)