|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dirk see in the hospital when he wakes up?
(a) Sally Mills.
(c) Annie Greene.
2. Neil asked Thor if he liked _____ when he delivered the Coca-Cola machine.
(b) Bugs Bunny.
(c) Sweet Tarts.
3. What disturbs the horses that Toe Rag has stolen?
(b) A short, talking tree.
(d) A large, white metal box.
4. When does Dirk reminisce that one could get once cigarettes?
(a) During Lent.
(b) During the Depression.
(c) During the blitz.
(d) During the French Revolution.
5. What does Thor turn into a kitten?
(a) A carton of free-range eggs.
(b) A shangung silk pillow.
(c) A blue china table lamp.
(d) A carton of milk.
6. How does Dirk think of the eagle's beak?
(a) As a small consideration.
(b) As a needly poker.
(c) As a major piece of armory.
(d) As a meat eater.
7. What does the old man that befriends Dirk at King's Cross Station utter often?
(d) "Oh, ah".
8. What part of London does Dirk say is grim concrete monoliths?
(b) Pentonville Road.
(c) Victoria Station.
(d) Primrose Road.
9. How does Kate describe Thor's eyes?
(a) As glacial.
(b) As oval.
(c) As tired.
(d) As jade-like.
10. What does the "tramp" ask Dirk for outside his house?
(a) A 10-pound note.
(b) A cup of tea.
(c) A garage space for his "car".
(d) A plate of fortune.
11. Who sends a constant barrage of paradoxical notices to Dirk in the mail?
(b) His brother.
(c) American Express.
(d) The government.
12. On what type of bass does Neil play "The Ride of the Valkyries"?
(a) A Dean Edge.
(b) An Epiphone.
(c) A Steinberger.
(d) A Fender Precision.
13. To what conclusion does Dirk come in regards to Thor at the airport when he contemplates the gods roaming the earth?
(a) That the gods could destroy the earth.
(b) That he would have trouble in traffic.
(c) That he would have no passport.
(d) That music would mean nothing to him.
14. What does the green-eyed devil-figure wave around?
(a) A magic wand.
(b) A knife.
(c) A scythe.
(d) A British flag.
15. Where had the jet fighter tried to shoot Thor down before?
(a) Over the Thames.
(b) near the English Channel.
(c) In the North Atlantic.
(d) Over the North Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thor go to Wales to count the things he has to count?
2. How does the author describe the Midland Grand Hotel?
3. What is in the lip preserver Kate puts in Thor's bath?
4. What has been left at the hospital for Kate?
5. How does Dirk describe the lawyer he hits with his car's glasses, hair, and spotted bowtie?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)