|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sitting next to Odin's bed the afternoon following his return to Woodshead?
(a) A Stanley hammer.
(b) An onion ring.
(c) A gold class ring.
(d) A newspaper.
2. What does Kate call Thor when he initially refuses her help with his injuries?
3. Where do Kate and Thor find themselves when they flick out of Asgard?
(b) A bedroom suite in a hotel.
(c) A train station in the South of France.
(d) Dirk's house.
4. How does the author describe the Midland Grand Hotel?
(a) As a colossal dump.
(b) As an epic shrine to mediocrity.
(c) As a huge, dark Gothic Fantasy of a building.
(d) As an Art Deco trash compactor.
5. Where in Wales did Thor lose count?
6. What is the neroli oil Kate puts in Thor's bath distilled from?
(a) Bitter orange blossoms.
(b) Bitter almonds.
(c) The argan tree.
(d) Shea nuts.
7. The air at Valhalla is filled with the noiseless howls of _____.
(a) The lonely wind.
(b) Tortured prisoners.
(c) Great winged dogs.
(d) Old godly jokes.
8. What does the "tramp" ask Dirk for outside his house?
(a) A plate of fortune.
(b) A garage space for his "car".
(c) A 10-pound note.
(d) A cup of tea.
9. What does the old man that befriends Dirk at King's Cross Station utter often?
(c) "Oh, ah".
10. What does the green-eyed devil-figure wave around?
(a) A British flag.
(b) A scythe.
(c) A knife.
(d) A magic wand.
11. What has been left at the hospital for Kate?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A bill.
(c) A guilded soda can.
(d) A pizza.
12. What does Odin say of being a god in reference to the white linen sheets he gets at Woodshead?
(a) It is superior.
(b) It is unclean.
(c) It is resourceful.
(d) It is powerful.
13. According to Odin, very little attention was given to _____ at Valhalla.
(b) Weapon maintenance.
14. What part of London does Dirk say has wet litter wildly flapping?
(a) Marble Arch.
(b) King's Cross.
(c) Chapel Market.
15. What does Kate go find to help Thor with his injuries?
(b) Almond oil.
(c) A Band-aid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What squeaks in protest as Dirk drives down the road in the rain in Chapter 19?
2. Which neighbor of Kate's has recently died of a heart attack?
3. Who does Tsuliwaensis tell Thor to be wary of?
4. What song does Neil suddenly erupt into during Kate's conversation with Thor after his bath?
5. What does Neil say he definitively won't work with?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)