|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who once occupied the hospital bed Dirk finds himself in?
(a) Clive Draycott.
2. How does the author describe Odin's hands in the bed at Woodshead?
(a) As exquisitely frail.
(b) As still strong and powerful.
(c) As skeletal.
(d) As womanly.
3. What did Odin sacrifice one of his own eyes for?
(a) A good steak.
4. What part of London does Dirk say is antique buildings being ripped apart?
(a) The East End.
(b) Upper Street.
(c) Lower Street.
(d) The West End.
5. Who attends Odin at Woodshead as he prepares to return to Asgard?
6. When Dirk is struggling up through Pentonville Road in traffic, what does he suddenly think of?
(b) Egyptian artifacts.
(c) Spaghetti incidents.
7. What is the name of the wife of the lawyer that Dirk hits with his car?
8. According to Odin, very little attention was given to _____ at Valhalla.
(b) Weapon maintenance.
9. What does Dirk think he will not be able to handle in terms of the eagle in his house if he tries to go upstairs to get a cigarette?
(a) His overwhelming queasiness.
(b) The sheer ornithology involved.
(c) The memory of his accident.
(d) The thought of the eagle's anger.
10. To what conclusion does Dirk come in regards to Thor at the airport when he contemplates the gods roaming the earth?
(a) That he would have no passport.
(b) That the gods could destroy the earth.
(c) That music would mean nothing to him.
(d) That he would have trouble in traffic.
11. What does the "tramp" ask Dirk for outside his house?
(a) A 10-pound note.
(b) A garage space for his "car".
(c) A cup of tea.
(d) A plate of fortune.
12. Where had the jet fighter tried to shoot Thor down before?
(a) Over the Thames.
(b) near the English Channel.
(c) Over the North Sea.
(d) In the North Atlantic.
13. Why does Thor go to Wales to count the things he has to count?
14. What does Thor tell Odin he could not steal from his son?
(a) His dreams.
(b) His love.
(c) His power.
(d) His life.
15. In Dirk's experience, what do crazy, pushy New York drivers explain to oncoming traffic as they careen out into the road?
(a) Tax situations.
(b) The Day of Judgement.
(c) The price of tea in Tibet.
(d) The Return of the King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song does Neil suddenly erupt into during Kate's conversation with Thor after his bath?
2. In a rage, what does Thor tell Odin he has found?
3. Which neighbor of Kate's has recently died of a heart attack?
4. What does Dirk emphasize about his detective agency to the lawyer he hits with his car?
5. Where does Dirk decline offers that don't involve the procurement of cigarettes?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)