|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thor tear up to bind his injured arm?
(a) Kate's nightgown.
(b) Kate's umbrella.
(c) Kate's tablecloth.
(d) Kate's towel.
2. In Dirk's experience, what do crazy, pushy New York drivers explain to oncoming traffic as they careen out into the road?
(a) Tax situations.
(b) The price of tea in Tibet.
(c) The Return of the King.
(d) The Day of Judgement.
3. What does Thor say he needs when Kate offers to help him with the bruise she just caused on his face?
(b) A cold compress.
(d) A hug.
4. What does Thor tell Odin he could not steal from his son?
(a) His life.
(b) His love.
(c) His power.
(d) His dreams.
5. What does Odin say of being a god in reference to the white linen sheets he gets at Woodshead?
(a) It is superior.
(b) It is powerful.
(c) It is unclean.
(d) It is resourceful.
6. What has happened to many of the gods?
(a) They have succumbed to alcoholism.
(b) They have found jobs in other dimensions.
(c) They have retired with a pension.
(d) They have transmutated into animals.
7. What was the subject of the "big talk" Odin used to endure at Valhalla?
(a) Things being riven.
(b) Weapons being fashioned.
(c) Maidens being captured.
(d) Ancestors being summoned.
8. What part of London does Dirk say is antique buildings being ripped apart?
(a) Upper Street.
(b) Lower Street.
(c) The East End.
(d) The West End.
9. Dirk awakens in the hospital and finds he has _____.
(a) A broken leg.
(b) Lost his sight.
(c) A broken arm.
(d) Eaten a salamander.
10. How can Tsuliwaensis tell Kate is a mortal?
(a) By her fancy dress.
(b) By her colored hair.
(c) By her hair cut.
(d) By her accent.
11. What sensory experience for Dirk increases with a heavy sky?
(a) Extreme depression.
12. What did Odin sacrifice one of his own eyes for?
(c) A good steak.
13. What does Kate call Thor when he initially refuses her help with his injuries?
14. What does Dirk think he will not be able to handle in terms of the eagle in his house if he tries to go upstairs to get a cigarette?
(a) His overwhelming queasiness.
(b) The memory of his accident.
(c) The sheer ornithology involved.
(d) The thought of the eagle's anger.
15. According to Odin, very little attention was given to _____ at Valhalla.
(d) Weapon maintenance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dirk find in his apartment that wasn't there when he left?
2. How does Dirk describe the lawyer he hits with his car's glasses, hair, and spotted bowtie?
3. What is sitting next to Odin's bed the afternoon following his return to Woodshead?
4. What is the lawyer who Dirk hits with his car wearing?
5. Where do Kate and Thor find themselves when they flick out of Asgard?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)