|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the world's greatest publisher of the world's sleaziest newspaper?
(a) Larry Flintlocke.
(b) Carmine Rigozza.
(c) Roderick Mercer.
(d) Annie Gittergun.
2. How is Thor holding Kate as they hurtle through space?
(a) Like a baby.
(b) By the arm.
(c) By the waist.
(d) By the hair.
3. What has he been counting in Wales?
(b) Picnic tables.
4. What has been left at the hospital for Kate?
(a) A pizza.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A bill.
(d) A guilded soda can.
5. What does the nurse say is rumored of Howard Bell?
(a) That he is in a pact with the devil.
(b) That he is a saint.
(c) That he eats worms every day.
(d) That he has eyes in the back of his head.
6. What does Neil say he definitively won't work with?
(b) Circus performers.
(d) Cardigan sweaters.
7. Why does Dirk think nobody will sell him cigarettes?
(a) Because he looks like a maniac.
(b) Because they are out fo stock.
(c) Because it is raining.
(d) Because they aren't in the mood.
8. What does Kate ask if she will need in Asgard before they go?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A coat.
(c) A snack.
(d) An ashtray.
9. What has happened to many of the gods?
(a) They have found jobs in other dimensions.
(b) They have transmutated into animals.
(c) They have retired with a pension.
(d) They have succumbed to alcoholism.
10. What kind of firm does Clive Draycott belong to?
(a) A co-ed firm of public defenders.
(b) A good firm of city solicitors.
(c) A bad firm of shady charlatans.
(d) A large firm of prosecutors.
11. What does Dirk find in his apartment that wasn't there when he left?
(a) His grandfather's pocket watch.
(b) A new fridge.
(c) His cleaning lady.
(d) A hundred dollars on his table.
12. What sensory experience for Dirk increases with a heavy sky?
(a) Extreme depression.
13. Dirk awakens in the hospital and finds he has _____.
(a) A broken arm.
(b) Lost his sight.
(c) A broken leg.
(d) Eaten a salamander.
14. When Dirk is struggling up through Pentonville Road in traffic, what does he suddenly think of?
(a) Egyptian artifacts.
(c) Spaghetti incidents.
15. To what conclusion does Dirk come in regards to Thor at the airport when he contemplates the gods roaming the earth?
(a) That music would mean nothing to him.
(b) That he would have trouble in traffic.
(c) That the gods could destroy the earth.
(d) That he would have no passport.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tsuliwaensis say in terms of the number of immortal gods that are left?
2. Why does Thor go to Wales to count the things he has to count?
3. What is Dirk looking forward to when he gets out of the hospital?
4. How does the author characterize the Eighties?
5. What is sitting next to Odin's bed the afternoon following his return to Woodshead?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)