|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the lawyer who Dirk hits with his car wearing?
(b) An Italian suit.
(c) A Member's Only windbreaker.
(d) A yellow Polo.
2. What does Dirk substitute for a cigarette and tap it in a cigarette-like way?
(a) A twig.
(b) A toothpick.
(c) A pencil.
(d) A straw.
3. What sensory experience for Dirk increases with a heavy sky?
(c) Extreme depression.
4. What did Odin sacrifice one of his own eyes for?
(c) A good steak.
5. What does Thor say he needs when Kate offers to help him with the bruise she just caused on his face?
(a) A cold compress.
(b) A hug.
6. How did Thor take care of the fighter pilot's wife?
(a) By repairing her house.
(b) By selling his stock.
(c) By giving her a golden hammer.
(d) By fixing the lottery for her.
7. What kind of script is on the papers Dirk stares at as he contemplates what to do about the eagle in his house?
(a) Old French.
8. Where does Dirk decline offers that don't involve the procurement of cigarettes?
(a) Blackfriar's Road.
(b) York Way.
(c) Stamford Road,
(d) Lincolnshire Way.
9. How does Thor explain how he and Kate are going to get to Asgard?
(a) As shapeshifters.
(b) By closing their eyes.
(d) As molecules.
10. When Dirk is struggling up through Pentonville Road in traffic, what does he suddenly think of?
(a) Spaghetti incidents.
(b) Egyptian artifacts.
11. How is Thor holding Kate as they hurtle through space?
(a) Like a baby.
(b) By the arm.
(c) By the hair.
(d) By the waist.
12. How does the author describe Odin's hands in the bed at Woodshead?
(a) As womanly.
(b) As exquisitely frail.
(c) As still strong and powerful.
(d) As skeletal.
13. Where in Wales did Thor lose count?
14. In Dirk's experience, what do crazy, pushy New York drivers explain to oncoming traffic as they careen out into the road?
(a) Tax situations.
(b) The price of tea in Tibet.
(c) The Return of the King.
(d) The Day of Judgement.
15. Where had the jet fighter tried to shoot Thor down before?
(a) Over the North Sea.
(b) Over the Thames.
(c) near the English Channel.
(d) In the North Atlantic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man that befriends Dirk at King's Cross Station utter often?
2. What does the "tramp" ask Dirk for outside his house?
3. What does Odin have to promise Woodshead to stay there?
4. According to Odin, very little attention was given to _____ at Valhalla.
5. What does Kate ask if she will need in Asgard before they go?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)