|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to many of the gods?
(a) They have retired with a pension.
(b) They have succumbed to alcoholism.
(c) They have found jobs in other dimensions.
(d) They have transmutated into animals.
2. What does Kate ask about when she tells Thor she has been reading about him?
(a) His beard.
(b) His wig.
(c) His helmet.
(d) His father.
3. What is the lawyer who Dirk hits with his car wearing?
(a) A Member's Only windbreaker.
(c) A yellow Polo.
(d) An Italian suit.
4. What has he been counting in Wales?
(c) Picnic tables.
5. What does Thor tear up to bind his injured arm?
(a) Kate's umbrella.
(b) Kate's tablecloth.
(c) Kate's towel.
(d) Kate's nightgown.
6. According to Odin, very little attention was given to _____ at Valhalla.
(a) Weapon maintenance.
7. What song does Neil suddenly erupt into during Kate's conversation with Thor after his bath?
(c) Paganini's 24th "Caprice".
8. What squeaks in protest as Dirk drives down the road in the rain in Chapter 19?
(a) His turn signal.
(b) A mouse in his seat.
(c) His wipers.
(d) His stress toy.
9. The air at Valhalla is filled with the noiseless howls of _____.
(a) Tortured prisoners.
(b) The lonely wind.
(c) Great winged dogs.
(d) Old godly jokes.
10. To what conclusion does Dirk come in regards to Thor at the airport when he contemplates the gods roaming the earth?
(a) That music would mean nothing to him.
(b) That he would have trouble in traffic.
(c) That he would have no passport.
(d) That the gods could destroy the earth.
11. What does Dirk think the eagle's talons could easily rip up?
(a) An oak tree.
(b) A leather sofa.
(c) A small Volvo.
(d) A jet fighter.
12. What was the subject of the "big talk" Odin used to endure at Valhalla?
(a) Things being riven.
(b) Weapons being fashioned.
(c) Maidens being captured.
(d) Ancestors being summoned.
13. What is the only thing that keeps Kate from screaming as she and Thor hurtle through space?
(a) The rain in her throat.
(b) The air pressure.
(c) Thor's body odor.
(d) He dignity.
14. Who has run over Dirk and caused some of his injuries?
(a) A motorcycle courier.
(b) Kate in Dirk's own Jaguar.
(c) A gray Mercedes van.
(d) Thor in a Volkswagen.
15. What does Thor say he needs when Kate offers to help him with the bruise she just caused on his face?
(a) A cold compress.
(d) A hug.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Thor holding Kate as they hurtle through space?
2. What does Dirk find in his apartment that wasn't there when he left?
3. In Dirk's experience, what do crazy, pushy New York drivers explain to oncoming traffic as they careen out into the road?
4. What part of London does Dirk say is grim concrete monoliths?
5. How does the author characterize the Eighties?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)