|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had the jet fighter tried to shoot Thor down before?
(a) Over the North Sea.
(b) In the North Atlantic.
(c) near the English Channel.
(d) Over the Thames.
2. In Dirk's experience, what do crazy, pushy New York drivers explain to oncoming traffic as they careen out into the road?
(a) Tax situations.
(b) The price of tea in Tibet.
(c) The Return of the King.
(d) The Day of Judgement.
3. What does Odin say of being a god in reference to the white linen sheets he gets at Woodshead?
(a) It is unclean.
(b) It is resourceful.
(c) It is powerful.
(d) It is superior.
4. In what kind of vehicle does Odin return to Valhalla?
(a) A dead-in-the-water Citroen.
(b) A Mack diesel.
(c) An unmarked gray Mercedes van.
(d) A decrepit Jaguar.
5. What does the "tramp" ask Dirk for outside his house?
(a) A plate of fortune.
(b) A 10-pound note.
(c) A cup of tea.
(d) A garage space for his "car".
6. Which neighbor of Kate's has recently died of a heart attack?
(a) Mr. Black.
(b) Mrs. Grey.
(c) Mrs. Sellers.
(d) Mr. Odwin.
7. Who attends Odin at Woodshead as he prepares to return to Asgard?
8. What does Dirk think the eagle's talons could easily rip up?
(a) A leather sofa.
(b) An oak tree.
(c) A small Volvo.
(d) A jet fighter.
9. What was the subject of the "big talk" Odin used to endure at Valhalla?
(a) Weapons being fashioned.
(b) Ancestors being summoned.
(c) Things being riven.
(d) Maidens being captured.
10. What sort of path does Thor's hammer take when he throws it into the sky?
(a) A long parabola.
(b) A loopty-loop.
(c) A right angle.
(d) A short vector.
11. What has he been counting in Wales?
(d) Picnic tables.
12. What does the green-eyed monster do to the stable master at Valhalla?
(a) Hires him.
(b) Beheads him.
(c) Eats him.
(d) Poisons him.
13. What is the name of the wife of the lawyer that Dirk hits with his car?
14. What is the lawyer who Dirk hits with his car wearing?
(a) A Member's Only windbreaker.
(b) A yellow Polo.
(d) An Italian suit.
15. What does Kate call Thor when he initially refuses her help with his injuries?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dirk substitute for a cigarette and tap it in a cigarette-like way?
2. How does the author describe Odin's hands in the bed at Woodshead?
3. Where in Wales did Thor lose count?
4. What does the old man that befriends Dirk at King's Cross Station utter often?
5. Neil asked Thor if he liked _____ when he delivered the Coca-Cola machine.
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)