|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of London does Dirk say is grim concrete monoliths?
(a) Pentonville Road.
(b) Victoria Station.
(c) Primrose Road.
2. How does Thor explain how he and Kate are going to get to Asgard?
(a) As molecules.
(b) As shapeshifters.
(d) By closing their eyes.
3. What sensory experience for Dirk increases with a heavy sky?
(a) Extreme depression.
4. Which neighbor of Kate's has recently died of a heart attack?
(a) Mrs. Grey.
(b) Mr. Black.
(c) Mrs. Sellers.
(d) Mr. Odwin.
5. How does Kate describe Thor's eyes?
(a) As jade-like.
(b) As tired.
(c) As oval.
(d) As glacial.
6. What befalls Toe Rag and the green-eyed monster?
(a) The end up on Saturn.
(b) They are eaten by the Guilt God.
(c) The turn into fire hydrants.
(d) The kill each other.
7. Where does the eagle injure Dirk as he tries to escape to get some cigarettes?
(a) On his right ear.
(b) On his leg.
(c) On his arm.
(d) On his nose.
8. How did Thor take care of the fighter pilot's wife?
(a) By giving her a golden hammer.
(b) By fixing the lottery for her.
(c) By selling his stock.
(d) By repairing her house.
9. Who has run over Dirk and caused some of his injuries?
(a) Thor in a Volkswagen.
(b) A gray Mercedes van.
(c) Kate in Dirk's own Jaguar.
(d) A motorcycle courier.
10. Neil asked Thor if he liked _____ when he delivered the Coca-Cola machine.
(c) Sweet Tarts.
(d) Bugs Bunny.
11. What does the "tramp" ask Dirk for outside his house?
(a) A garage space for his "car".
(b) A plate of fortune.
(c) A 10-pound note.
(d) A cup of tea.
12. What does the green-eyed monster do to the stable master at Valhalla?
(a) Poisons him.
(b) Hires him.
(c) Eats him.
(d) Beheads him.
13. What does Dirk think the eagle's talons could easily rip up?
(a) A leather sofa.
(b) An oak tree.
(c) A jet fighter.
(d) A small Volvo.
14. How is Thor holding Kate as they hurtle through space?
(a) Like a baby.
(b) By the waist.
(c) By the hair.
(d) By the arm.
15. What does Dirk emphasize about his detective agency to the lawyer he hits with his car?
(a) That it is honest.
(b) That it is in ruins.
(c) That it is in the red.
(d) That it is holistic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of London does Dirk say has wet litter wildly flapping?
2. What is Dirk looking forward to when he gets out of the hospital?
3. What kind of script is on the papers Dirk stares at as he contemplates what to do about the eagle in his house?
4. How does Dirk feel about the lawyer he hits with his car after he gives him his business card?
5. What disturbs the horses that Toe Rag has stolen?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)