|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kate describe the color of the hospital paint?
2. What does Kate plan to get from the corner shop as she heads home after her encounter with Dirk?
(a) Cat food and a banana.
(b) Some Cadbury chocolate and eggs.
(c) Some milk and bin liners.
(d) An apple and a pear.
3. Who does the narrator say would not be impressed with the proportions in Dirk's bedroom?
4. What falls from behind the gold record when Dirk adjusts it?
(a) A bank note.
(b) A spider.
(c) A newpaper article.
(d) A cream envelope.
5. What does Kate drink at the pub while the mechanic works on her car?
(a) A Coca-Cola.
(b) A Bloody Mary.
(c) A ginger ale.
(d) An Amaretto Sour.
6. What is being delivered outside Dirk's house as he wakes up in the morning after the Heathrow incident?
(a) A harpsichord.
(b) A vending machine.
(c) A pizza.
(d) A giant cauldron.
7. What "unmistakable quality" does Dirk think Anstey's complaining neighbor has about her?
(a) Soccer mom.
8. What is country of origin of the record turntable in Anstey's basement?
9. What kind of cigarettes does Dirk smoke when he awakens in his house?
10. What is the postscript in the letter that Odin has left for Thor?
(a) "It's hammertime".
(b) "With love, Dad".
(c) "Remember Wales".
(d) "Be there at the Challenging Hour".
11. How is the incident at Heathrow eventually classified by the media?
(a) As an Act of God.
(b) As a massacre of epic proportions.
(c) As a temporary setback.
(d) As an Apocalypse.
12. What is the name of Kate's neighbor?
13. Who does the narrator think would not like Dirk's bedroom decor?
(b) Marie Antoinette.
(c) Louis XIV.
(d) The Queen.
14. What is the boy that Dirk encounters in the attic room watching on television?
(a) Daffy Duck.
(b) Bugs Bunny.
15. What excuse does Gilks give for not turning the record player off?
(a) It is too far away.
(b) It is Forensic's job.
(c) He is afraid of blood.
(d) He likes the song that is playing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color button does the I Ching say to push once Dirk achieves inner harmony and tranquility?
2. Who is the waiter's friend who broke his nose?
3. What is the name of Dirk's cleaning lady?
4. Who was Kate's therapist after her husband died?
5. What kind of desk does Mr. Standish have?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)