|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rank of Mr. Ralph Standish at Woodshead?
(a) Chief consultant psychologist.
(b) Janitorial advisor.
(c) Director of electro-shock therapy.
(d) Head head surgeon.
2. Why is the African diplomat brought to Woodshead?
(a) To get gallstones removed.
(b) To evaluate it for his ailing mother.
(c) To consider buying the place.
(d) To get his toe operated on.
3. What is the boy that Dirk encounters in the attic room watching on television?
(b) Daffy Duck.
(d) Bugs Bunny.
4. What is the name of Dirk's cleaning lady?
5. What is Kate's last name?
6. At Anstey's house, Gilks tells Dirk to quit standing there like a _____.
(b) Drunken sailor.
(c) Deer in the headlights.
7. What is the name of Kate's brother?
8. What does Kate drink at the pub while the mechanic works on her car?
(a) An Amaretto Sour.
(b) A ginger ale.
(c) A Bloody Mary.
(d) A Coca-Cola.
9. What kind of car does Kate drive?
(a) A vintage black Jaguar.
(b) A battered yellow Citroen.
(c) A spanking new BMV.
(d) A green Mercedes convertible.
10. What does Kate think her hospital room smells like?
(a) Sour mop water.
(b) A dog pile.
(c) A sewage treatment plant.
(d) A vacuum cleaner's armpit.
11. What does the mechanic claim damaged the sensitive parts of the engine workings of Dirk's car?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A family of starlings.
(c) A pound of saltwater taffy.
(d) A plate of pancakes.
12. How does Thor think of Toe Rag's voice?
(a) As fruitless as a naked pear tree.
(b) As a cheap, white nylon shirt.
(c) As a meaningless terrier bark.
(d) As snake-like.
13. Who wrote the book that Dirk stole from Sally Mills in the cafe?
(a) Howard Bell.
(c) Michael Creighton.
(d) Douglas Adams.
14. What did someone hide in Thor's helmet once to provoke him?
(a) The Atlantic Ocean.
(b) The North Sea.
(c) A shark.
(d) A ton of salt cod.
15. What kind of dealer is Kate's neighbor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator think would not like Dirk's bedroom decor?
2. How is Odin described when Thor contemplates Toe Rag's insistence that he only does what Odin tells him to do?
3. What does Dirk find in his refrigerator when he opens it in the morning that disturbs him?
4. What sort of children does Mr. Standish suggest Mrs. Benson might have in their phone conversation?
5. What does the waiter bring Dirk instead of his order?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)