|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the bag that is attached to the needle in Kate's arm?
2. Who does the narrator think would not like Dirk's bedroom decor?
(a) The Queen.
(b) Marie Antoinette.
(d) Louis XIV.
3. What kind of car is the first one that slows down and asks about the crash between Kate and Dirk, then drives off without helping?
(a) A Chevy Camaro.
(b) A Dodge Viper.
(c) A Ford Sienna.
(d) A Ford Focus.
4. Who is the waiter's friend who broke his nose?
5. Where is Kate's home?
(b) Primrose Hill.
(c) Notting Hill.
6. What kind of wares does the shop that Dirk goes into sell?
(a) Magnifying glasses and penknives.
(b) Bicycles and three-wheelers.
(c) Pet products.
(d) Pots and pans.
7. Why is the African diplomat brought to Woodshead?
(a) To get gallstones removed.
(b) To get his toe operated on.
(c) To consider buying the place.
(d) To evaluate it for his ailing mother.
8. Who is the leader of the band that recorded "Hot Potato"?
9. At Anstey's house, Gilks tells Dirk to quit standing there like a _____.
(b) Deer in the headlights.
(c) Drunken sailor.
10. What is the name of Kate's husband who died?
11. What is the name of Kate's brother?
12. What does Kate notice first about Thor when she encounters him in the street?
(a) His horns.
(b) His hair.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His hammer.
13. What does Kate say her lawyer will do to Dirk's lawyer after he hits her car?
(a) Stick red-hot skewers in him.
(b) Fry his hide.
(c) Glue his back to the wall.
(d) Thwart his every move.
14. The back of the I Ching calculator that Dirk looks at has a back that is falling off due to poor _____.
(a) Glue technology.
(c) Sodering techniques.
(d) Design skills.
15. What reason did Dirk's secretary give for looking for a new job?
(b) Regularity of pay.
(c) Sexual harrassment.
(d) Working conditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of desk does Mr. Standish have?
2. Why does Kate think the mechanic pawned the tow job off on his son?
3. What is being delivered outside Dirk's house as he wakes up in the morning after the Heathrow incident?
4. What excuse does Gilks give for not turning the record player off?
5. Who delivers judgments on Dirk's I Ching calculator?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)