|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the boy that Dirk encounters in the attic room drink his soda?
(a) Through his nose.
(b) Standing on his head.
(c) Through a hosepipe.
(d) Through a moldy straw.
2. Where does Dirk find Anstey's gold record hanging?
(a) From a noose.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) Around a child's neck.
(d) In the kitchen.
3. Who is looking for Dirk when he arrives at Anstey's house?
(a) The Prosecutor.
(b) The Chief.
(d) The coroner.
4. What excuse does Gilks give for not turning the record player off?
(a) It is too far away.
(b) It is Forensic's job.
(c) He likes the song that is playing.
(d) He is afraid of blood.
5. Who states that the incident at the airport is completely under control and they have the situation contained?
(a) British Petroleum.
(b) The SEC.
(c) British Nuclear Fuels.
(d) The RAF.
6. Where does Anstey have a big house?
(a) On Cambridge Circle.
(b) At Dumbarton Oaks.
(c) On Lupton Road.
(d) At King's Crossing.
7. What color button does the I Ching say to push once Dirk achieves inner harmony and tranquility?
8. What kind of dealer is Kate's neighbor?
9. What is the floor made of that Thor is attached to?
(b) Particle board.
(c) Oak planks.
10. What is the name of the person who writes horoscopes for the newspaper?
(a) The Great Zaganza.
(b) The Mind Reader.
(c) Mystical George.
(d) Psychic Joe.
11. What is the postscript in the letter that Odin has left for Thor?
(a) "It's hammertime".
(b) "Be there at the Challenging Hour".
(c) "With love, Dad".
(d) "Remember Wales".
12. What does Dirk steal from Sally Mills often to have sent to his hotel room?
(a) Gold-covered edible ants.
(b) Ten boxes of uncooked lo mein.
(c) A dozen lobsters.
(d) Live chickens.
13. Who wrote the book that Dirk stole from Sally Mills in the cafe?
(a) Howard Bell.
(b) Michael Creighton.
(d) Douglas Adams.
14. Who does the narrator say would not be impressed with the proportions in Dirk's bedroom?
15. What are hung on the walls of Anstey's house?
(a) Boat ropes.
(c) Greek rugs.
(d) Certificates of Merit.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Anstey's house, Gilks tells Dirk to quit standing there like a _____.
2. Who does Dirk call to get a new refrigerator?
3. What is in the bag that is attached to the needle in Kate's arm?
4. What kind of pizza does Kate want?
5. Who does the narrator think would not like Dirk's bedroom decor?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)