|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate plan to get from the corner shop as she heads home after her encounter with Dirk?
(a) Some Cadbury chocolate and eggs.
(b) Some milk and bin liners.
(c) An apple and a pear.
(d) Cat food and a banana.
2. What is the boy that Dirk encounters in the attic room watching on television?
(a) Daffy Duck.
(c) Bugs Bunny.
3. Who wrote the book that Dirk stole from Sally Mills in the cafe?
(a) Howard Bell.
(b) Michael Creighton.
(c) Douglas Adams.
4. What does Dirk steal from Sally Mills often to have sent to his hotel room?
(a) A dozen lobsters.
(b) Ten boxes of uncooked lo mein.
(c) Gold-covered edible ants.
(d) Live chickens.
5. What does Thor call Toe Rag?
(a) A goblin.
(b) A servant.
(c) A faker.
(d) An ugly midget.
6. Who does Mr. Standish say is in a trance and engaged in automatic writing at Woodshead?
(a) Mrs. May.
(b) Sister Eldra.
(c) Sally Mills.
7. What "unmistakable quality" does Dirk think Anstey's complaining neighbor has about her?
(a) Soccer mom.
8. Who is looking for Dirk when he arrives at Anstey's house?
(b) The Prosecutor.
(c) The coroner.
(d) The Chief.
9. What is the name of Kate's husband who died?
10. In what way does Toe Rag consider himself a professional?
(a) As a servant.
(b) As a sabateur.
(c) As a provocateur.
(d) As a whistle blower.
11. Who is the waiter's friend who broke his nose?
12. What does the waiter bring Dirk instead of his order?
(a) A bill for a table of Germans.
(b) A Coke.
(c) An herb omelette and a breadstick.
(d) A hot dog on a stick.
13. What is the waiter's hair filled with who waits on Dirk?
14. Where is Kate's home?
(b) Notting Hill.
(d) Primrose Hill.
15. Who delivers judgments on Dirk's I Ching calculator?
(a) King Wen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator say would not be impressed with the proportions in Dirk's bedroom?
2. With what has Thor been attached to the floor?
3. What is the name of Dirk's cleaning lady?
4. What does Kate say her lawyer will do to Dirk's lawyer after he hits her car?
5. Who is the commentator on the I Ching calculator?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)