|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate initially think happened at Heathrow?
(a) It was hit by a plane.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) It was hit by a meteorite.
(d) A terrorist bomb.
2. Who is the commentator on the I Ching calculator?
(a) King Arthur.
(b) The Duke of Chow.
(c) The Baron of Wen.
(d) King Lear.
3. How does Thor think of Toe Rag's voice?
(a) As snake-like.
(b) As fruitless as a naked pear tree.
(c) As a cheap, white nylon shirt.
(d) As a meaningless terrier bark.
4. Who was Kate's therapist after her husband died?
(a) John Killbourn.
(b) Alan Franklin.
(c) Jackson Mollusk.
(d) Anders Burnauer.
5. What is the name of Kate's husband who died?
6. After the crash, Kate tells Dirk that she has had the sort of day that would make St. Francis of Assisi _____.
(a) Kick babies.
(b) Yell at a bunny.
(c) Eat a steak.
(d) Stop praying.
7. Where does Dirk find Anstey's gold record hanging?
(a) From a noose.
(b) Around a child's neck.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the kitchen.
8. Who does Mr. Standish say is in a trance and engaged in automatic writing at Woodshead?
(a) Sister Eldra.
(b) Mrs. May.
(c) Sally Mills.
9. What does the mechanic claim damaged the sensitive parts of the engine workings of Dirk's car?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A pound of saltwater taffy.
(c) A plate of pancakes.
(d) A family of starlings.
10. What excuse does Gilks give for not turning the record player off?
(a) He likes the song that is playing.
(b) It is too far away.
(c) He is afraid of blood.
(d) It is Forensic's job.
11. What reason did Dirk's secretary give for looking for a new job?
(a) Sexual harrassment.
(b) Working conditions.
(c) Regularity of pay.
12. What did someone drop on Thor once to provoke him?
(a) His hammer.
(b) A continent.
(d) A forest.
13. What is country of origin of the record turntable in Anstey's basement?
14. What is the postscript in the letter that Odin has left for Thor?
(a) "Be there at the Challenging Hour".
(b) "Remember Wales".
(c) "It's hammertime".
(d) "With love, Dad".
15. What did someone hide in Thor's helmet once to provoke him?
(a) A shark.
(b) The North Sea.
(c) A ton of salt cod.
(d) The Atlantic Ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what type of cafe does Dirk take up residence after buying his I Ching calculator?
2. Why is the African diplomat brought to Woodshead?
3. What "unmistakable quality" does Dirk think Anstey's complaining neighbor has about her?
4. What are nine-tenths of the cabin trunks in Kate's dreams filled with?
5. Who does the narrator think would not like Dirk's bedroom decor?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)