|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kate's last name?
2. What kind of car does Dirk have?
(a) A sedate Sienna.
(b) A coughing Dodge.
(c) A frumpy Jetta.
(d) An elderly Jaguar.
3. Where is the village located where Woodshead is?
(a) The Blackmoors.
(b) The Hamptons.
(c) The Cotswolds.
(d) The Berkshires.
4. What kind of desk does Mr. Standish have?
(a) Black ash.
(b) Brushed aluminum.
(c) Leather inlaid.
5. Where is Kate's home?
(b) Primrose Hill.
(c) Notting Hill.
6. Who is the commentator on the I Ching calculator?
(a) King Arthur.
(b) The Duke of Chow.
(c) The Baron of Wen.
(d) King Lear.
7. What did Kate's neighbor steal from her that has injured their relationship?
8. Who does Mr. Standish say is in a trance and engaged in automatic writing at Woodshead?
(a) Sister Eldra.
(b) Mrs. May.
(d) Sally Mills.
9. Who does the narrator say would not be impressed with the proportions in Dirk's bedroom?
10. With what has Thor been attached to the floor?
11. On the I Ching calculator, what represents any calculations above 4?
(a) A Suffusion of Yellow.
(b) A Blue Screen Saver.
(c) Black screen.
12. What kind of unsolicited advice does Kate's neighbor give her?
13. How did Kate's husband die?
(a) In a plane crash over Idaho.
(b) Choking on a cheeseburger in Hong Kong.
(c) Sailing the English Channel.
(d) Hailing a taxi in New York.
14. At Anstey's house, Gilks tells Dirk to quit standing there like a _____.
(a) Drunken sailor.
(c) Deer in the headlights.
15. What "unmistakable quality" does Dirk think Anstey's complaining neighbor has about her?
(a) Soccer mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who states that the incident at the airport is completely under control and they have the situation contained?
2. Who does Dirk call to get a new refrigerator?
3. What does Kate plan to get from the corner shop as she heads home after her encounter with Dirk?
4. What is the postscript in the letter that Odin has left for Thor?
5. Why is Kate scheduled to go to Norway?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)