|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kate describe the color of the hospital paint?
2. What color button does the I Ching say to push once Dirk achieves inner harmony and tranquility?
3. What kind of unsolicited advice does Kate's neighbor give her?
4. How is Odin described when Thor contemplates Toe Rag's insistence that he only does what Odin tells him to do?
(a) As a pampered old god.
(b) As a tree-totaller.
(c) As a lightening bolt.
(d) As a force of nature.
5. What does Dirk find in his refrigerator when he opens it in the morning that disturbs him?
(a) A smelly piece of meat.
(b) A spider.
(c) A second human hair.
(d) A moldy banana.
6. Where is the village located where Woodshead is?
(a) The Cotswolds.
(b) The Hamptons.
(c) The Blackmoors.
(d) The Berkshires.
7. What is the floor made of that Thor is attached to?
(a) Oak planks.
(b) Particle board.
8. What does the mechanic claim damaged the sensitive parts of the engine workings of Dirk's car?
(a) A pound of saltwater taffy.
(b) A family of starlings.
(c) A plate of pancakes.
(d) A squirrel.
9. The back of the I Ching calculator that Dirk looks at has a back that is falling off due to poor _____.
(a) Design skills.
(b) Sodering techniques.
(d) Glue technology.
10. What is the rank of Mr. Ralph Standish at Woodshead?
(a) Head head surgeon.
(b) Janitorial advisor.
(c) Chief consultant psychologist.
(d) Director of electro-shock therapy.
11. What reason did Dirk's secretary give for looking for a new job?
(a) Working conditions.
(b) Regularity of pay.
(d) Sexual harrassment.
12. What instrument does Kate's friend play that she mentions to Dirk?
(a) Double bass.
13. What excuse does Gilks give for not turning the record player off?
(a) He likes the song that is playing.
(b) It is Forensic's job.
(c) It is too far away.
(d) He is afraid of blood.
14. Who turns down the sheets for Odin at Woodshead?
(a) Sister Bailey.
(b) Sally Mills.
15. How does Dirk describe his navigation method?
(a) As altruistic.
(b) As Zen.
(c) As Karmic.
(d) As precise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of children does Mr. Standish suggest Mrs. Benson might have in their phone conversation?
2. How is the incident at Heathrow eventually classified by the media?
3. What is being delivered outside Dirk's house as he wakes up in the morning after the Heathrow incident?
4. In what way does Toe Rag consider himself a professional?
5. How does the boy that Dirk encounters in the attic room drink his soda?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)