|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are nine-tenths of the cabin trunks in Kate's dreams filled with?
2. What kind of desk does Mr. Standish have?
(b) Black ash.
(c) Leather inlaid.
(d) Brushed aluminum.
3. What does Kate drink at the pub while the mechanic works on her car?
(a) A Coca-Cola.
(b) An Amaretto Sour.
(c) A ginger ale.
(d) A Bloody Mary.
4. What kind of car does Kate drive?
(a) A green Mercedes convertible.
(b) A spanking new BMV.
(c) A battered yellow Citroen.
(d) A vintage black Jaguar.
5. What is Odin's favorite pastime at Woodshead?
(a) Running from the nuns.
(b) Watching television.
6. What did Kate's neighbor steal from her that has injured their relationship?
7. Who is the waiter's friend who broke his nose?
8. Who is looking for Dirk when he arrives at Anstey's house?
(a) The Chief.
(c) The Prosecutor.
(d) The coroner.
9. How does Dirk describe his navigation method?
(a) As Zen.
(b) As precise.
(c) As Karmic.
(d) As altruistic.
10. How is the incident at Heathrow eventually classified by the media?
(a) As an Act of God.
(b) As a temporary setback.
(c) As an Apocalypse.
(d) As a massacre of epic proportions.
11. Where is the village located where Woodshead is?
(a) The Cotswolds.
(b) The Hamptons.
(c) The Berkshires.
(d) The Blackmoors.
12. How does Thor think of Toe Rag's voice?
(a) As snake-like.
(b) As a meaningless terrier bark.
(c) As fruitless as a naked pear tree.
(d) As a cheap, white nylon shirt.
13. Who does Mr. Standish say is in a trance and engaged in automatic writing at Woodshead?
(b) Mrs. May.
(c) Sally Mills.
(d) Sister Eldra.
14. What is country of origin of the record turntable in Anstey's basement?
15. What color button does the I Ching say to push once Dirk achieves inner harmony and tranquility?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mechanic claim damaged the sensitive parts of the engine workings of Dirk's car?
2. Where does Anstey have a big house?
3. What does Kate think her hospital room smells like?
4. What kind of car is the first one that slows down and asks about the crash between Kate and Dirk, then drives off without helping?
5. What is in the bag that is attached to the needle in Kate's arm?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)