|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who turns down the sheets for Odin at Woodshead?
(b) Sister Bailey.
(d) Sally Mills.
2. What kind of cigarettes does Dirk smoke when he awakens in his house?
3. What does Dirk give Bates for the newspaper he takes?
(a) Twenty pence.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A nickel.
(d) An IOU.
4. What kind of dealer is Kate's neighbor?
5. On the I Ching calculator, what represents any calculations above 4?
(a) A Blue Screen Saver.
(c) A Suffusion of Yellow.
(d) Black screen.
6. Who is the commentator on the I Ching calculator?
(a) The Duke of Chow.
(b) King Lear.
(c) King Arthur.
(d) The Baron of Wen.
7. What are nine-tenths of the cabin trunks in Kate's dreams filled with?
8. What kind of wares does the shop that Dirk goes into sell?
(a) Pots and pans.
(b) Magnifying glasses and penknives.
(c) Pet products.
(d) Bicycles and three-wheelers.
9. What is being delivered outside Dirk's house as he wakes up in the morning after the Heathrow incident?
(a) A vending machine.
(b) A harpsichord.
(c) A pizza.
(d) A giant cauldron.
10. Who does Dennis Hutch work for?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Pentagon.
(c) The Chrysalis Record Company.
(d) The Aries Rising Record Group.
11. What does Kate notice first about Thor when she encounters him in the street?
(a) His hair.
(b) His hammer.
(c) His horns.
(d) His eyes.
12. Why does Kate think the mechanic pawned the tow job off on his son?
(a) Because Dirk is with her.
(b) Because her car is old.
(c) Because she is an American.
(d) Because the accident is not bad enough.
13. When does Thor wish to meet Odin for a showdown?
(a) At midnight.
(b) At the Challenging Hour.
(c) At 6:15 am.
(d) At the Darkening Hour.
14. Who states that the incident at the airport is completely under control and they have the situation contained?
(a) British Petroleum.
(b) The SEC.
(c) The RAF.
(d) British Nuclear Fuels.
15. What are hung on the walls of Anstey's house?
(b) Certificates of Merit.
(c) Greek rugs.
(d) Boat ropes.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what type of cafe does Dirk take up residence after buying his I Ching calculator?
2. What does Dirk steal from Sally Mills often to have sent to his hotel room?
3. What is the floor made of that Thor is attached to?
4. What is the name of Kate's neighbor?
5. How does Kate describe the color of the hospital paint?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)