|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did someone hide in Thor's helmet once to provoke him?
(a) A ton of salt cod.
(b) The Atlantic Ocean.
(c) The North Sea.
(d) A shark.
2. What is Kate's last name?
3. Why is the African diplomat brought to Woodshead?
(a) To evaluate it for his ailing mother.
(b) To get his toe operated on.
(c) To consider buying the place.
(d) To get gallstones removed.
4. What are hung on the walls of Anstey's house?
(a) Greek rugs.
(c) Certificates of Merit.
(d) Boat ropes.
5. Where does Dirk find Anstey's gold record hanging?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) From a noose.
(d) Around a child's neck.
6. What does Dirk give Bates for the newspaper he takes?
(a) A puppy.
(b) An IOU.
(c) Twenty pence.
(d) A nickel.
7. What kind of car is the first one that slows down and asks about the crash between Kate and Dirk, then drives off without helping?
(a) A Ford Focus.
(b) A Ford Sienna.
(c) A Chevy Camaro.
(d) A Dodge Viper.
8. What kind of desk does Mr. Standish have?
(b) Black ash.
(c) Leather inlaid.
(d) Brushed aluminum.
9. What is the floor made of that Thor is attached to?
(b) Particle board.
(c) Oak planks.
10. Who states that the incident at the airport is completely under control and they have the situation contained?
(a) British Petroleum.
(b) The SEC.
(c) The RAF.
(d) British Nuclear Fuels.
11. What does Kate plan to get from the corner shop as she heads home after her encounter with Dirk?
(a) Some Cadbury chocolate and eggs.
(b) Some milk and bin liners.
(c) Cat food and a banana.
(d) An apple and a pear.
12. What is country of origin of the record turntable in Anstey's basement?
13. Who does Dennis Hutch work for?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Aries Rising Record Group.
(c) The Pentagon.
(d) The Chrysalis Record Company.
14. Who does Mr. Standish say is in a trance and engaged in automatic writing at Woodshead?
(a) Sister Eldra.
(b) Sally Mills.
(c) Mrs. May.
15. What are the group of Germans wearing that Kate sees in the airport?
(a) Purple polo shirts.
(b) Yellow polo shirts.
(c) Black motorcycle T-shirts.
(d) Black concert T-shirts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thor think of Toe Rag's voice?
2. What is hanging on the wall of Mr. Standish's office?
3. Who does Dirk call to get a new refrigerator?
4. What is the rank of Mr. Ralph Standish at Woodshead?
5. What does the waiter bring Dirk instead of his order?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)