|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Gilks give for not turning the record player off?
(a) It is Forensic's job.
(b) He is afraid of blood.
(c) It is too far away.
(d) He likes the song that is playing.
2. What is the postscript in the letter that Odin has left for Thor?
(a) "It's hammertime".
(b) "With love, Dad".
(c) "Be there at the Challenging Hour".
(d) "Remember Wales".
3. What is in the bag that is attached to the needle in Kate's arm?
4. Who turns down the sheets for Odin at Woodshead?
(a) Sally Mills.
(c) Sister Bailey.
5. What is Kate's last name?
6. What is being delivered outside Dirk's house as he wakes up in the morning after the Heathrow incident?
(a) A harpsichord.
(b) A pizza.
(c) A giant cauldron.
(d) A vending machine.
7. What kind of car does Kate drive?
(a) A battered yellow Citroen.
(b) A spanking new BMV.
(c) A vintage black Jaguar.
(d) A green Mercedes convertible.
8. What kind of cigarettes does Dirk smoke when he awakens in his house?
9. What does Kate notice first about Thor when she encounters him in the street?
(a) His hammer.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His hair.
(d) His horns.
10. What did someone drop on Thor once to provoke him?
(a) His hammer.
(b) A continent.
(d) A forest.
11. What are nine-tenths of the cabin trunks in Kate's dreams filled with?
12. What does Kate think her hospital room smells like?
(a) A dog pile.
(b) A vacuum cleaner's armpit.
(c) Sour mop water.
(d) A sewage treatment plant.
13. Who recorded "Hot Potato"?
(a) Anarchy's Midwife.
(b) Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo.
(c) Seclusion of the Orion Scorpionic Monks.
(d) Rolling Stones.
14. What color button does the I Ching say to push once Dirk achieves inner harmony and tranquility?
15. At Anstey's house, Gilks tells Dirk to quit standing there like a _____.
(a) Deer in the headlights.
(d) Drunken sailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What line of work is Kate's brother in in New York?
2. What kind of wares does the shop that Dirk goes into sell?
3. What does Thor call Toe Rag?
4. Where is the village located where Woodshead is?
5. What does Kate plan to get from the corner shop as she heads home after her encounter with Dirk?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)