Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Kate's friend play that she mentions to Dirk?
(b) Double bass.
2. What does Kate initially think happened at Heathrow?
(a) A terrorist bomb.
(b) It was hit by a plane.
(c) It was hit by a meteorite.
(d) An earthquake.
3. What is in the bag that is attached to the needle in Kate's arm?
4. What color button does the I Ching say to push once Dirk achieves inner harmony and tranquility?
5. Who is the waiter's friend who broke his nose?
6. Who delivers judgments on Dirk's I Ching calculator?
(c) King Wen.
7. Who turns down the sheets for Odin at Woodshead?
(a) Sally Mills.
(d) Sister Bailey.
8. What did Kate's neighbor steal from her that has injured their relationship?
9. What is the name of Kate's brother?
10. How does Dirk describe his navigation method?
(a) As Zen.
(b) As Karmic.
(c) As precise.
(d) As altruistic.
11. What does the mechanic claim damaged the sensitive parts of the engine workings of Dirk's car?
(a) A plate of pancakes.
(b) A family of starlings.
(c) A pound of saltwater taffy.
(d) A squirrel.
12. What is the name of Kate's neighbor?
13. What kind of unsolicited advice does Kate's neighbor give her?
14. What does Dirk give Bates for the newspaper he takes?
(a) A nickel.
(b) Twenty pence.
(c) A puppy.
(d) An IOU.
15. What are nine-tenths of the cabin trunks in Kate's dreams filled with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What "unmistakable quality" does Dirk think Anstey's complaining neighbor has about her?
2. What kind of car does Kate drive?
3. At what type of cafe does Dirk take up residence after buying his I Ching calculator?
4. Where is Kate's home?
5. What is country of origin of the record turntable in Anstey's basement?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)