|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Kate's husband die?
(a) Hailing a taxi in New York.
(b) Choking on a cheeseburger in Hong Kong.
(c) In a plane crash over Idaho.
(d) Sailing the English Channel.
2. Who does the narrator say would not be impressed with the proportions in Dirk's bedroom?
3. What are nine-tenths of the cabin trunks in Kate's dreams filled with?
4. What excuse does Gilks give for not turning the record player off?
(a) It is too far away.
(b) He is afraid of blood.
(c) He likes the song that is playing.
(d) It is Forensic's job.
5. What falls from behind the gold record when Dirk adjusts it?
(a) A bank note.
(b) A spider.
(c) A cream envelope.
(d) A newpaper article.
6. What does Dirk find in his refrigerator when he opens it in the morning that disturbs him?
(a) A second human hair.
(b) A smelly piece of meat.
(c) A spider.
(d) A moldy banana.
7. What is the boy that Dirk encounters in the attic room watching on television?
(b) Bugs Bunny.
(c) Daffy Duck.
8. What kind of desk does Mr. Standish have?
(b) Leather inlaid.
(c) Brushed aluminum.
(d) Black ash.
9. What kind of car does Kate drive?
(a) A vintage black Jaguar.
(b) A battered yellow Citroen.
(c) A green Mercedes convertible.
(d) A spanking new BMV.
10. Who turns down the sheets for Odin at Woodshead?
(b) Sister Bailey.
(c) Sally Mills.
11. What kind of wares does the shop that Dirk goes into sell?
(a) Pots and pans.
(b) Pet products.
(c) Magnifying glasses and penknives.
(d) Bicycles and three-wheelers.
12. How does Kate describe the color of the hospital paint?
13. What color button does the I Ching say to push once Dirk achieves inner harmony and tranquility?
14. How does Dirk describe his navigation method?
(a) As Zen.
(b) As altruistic.
(c) As precise.
(d) As Karmic.
15. What does Kate think her hospital room smells like?
(a) A sewage treatment plant.
(b) Sour mop water.
(c) A vacuum cleaner's armpit.
(d) A dog pile.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what has Thor been attached to the floor?
2. What is the name of Dirk's cleaning lady?
3. What is the name of Kate's neighbor?
4. What does Kate plan to get from the corner shop as she heads home after her encounter with Dirk?
5. What is Kate's last name?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)