|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the African diplomat brought to Woodshead?
(a) To get his toe operated on.
(b) To consider buying the place.
(c) To get gallstones removed.
(d) To evaluate it for his ailing mother.
2. Who does Dirk call to get a new refrigerator?
(a) Gerry Rilke.
(b) Smokin' Joe Brimmington.
(c) Kerry Kuykin.
(d) Nobby Paxton.
3. Who is looking for Dirk when he arrives at Anstey's house?
(a) The coroner.
(c) The Chief.
(d) The Prosecutor.
4. What is the boy that Dirk encounters in the attic room watching on television?
(b) Daffy Duck.
(c) Bugs Bunny.
5. Who was Kate's therapist after her husband died?
(a) John Killbourn.
(b) Anders Burnauer.
(c) Alan Franklin.
(d) Jackson Mollusk.
6. Who does Dennis Hutch work for?
(a) The Pentagon.
(b) The Chrysalis Record Company.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The Aries Rising Record Group.
7. What is the waiter's hair filled with who waits on Dirk?
8. Where does Anstey have a big house?
(a) On Lupton Road.
(b) At King's Crossing.
(c) On Cambridge Circle.
(d) At Dumbarton Oaks.
9. What does Kate plan to get from the corner shop as she heads home after her encounter with Dirk?
(a) Some Cadbury chocolate and eggs.
(b) Some milk and bin liners.
(c) An apple and a pear.
(d) Cat food and a banana.
10. Who is the leader of the band that recorded "Hot Potato"?
11. At what type of cafe does Dirk take up residence after buying his I Ching calculator?
(a) A Cotswold cafe.
(b) A French cafe.
(c) An Islington cafe.
(d) An Irish cafe.
12. At Anstey's house, Gilks tells Dirk to quit standing there like a _____.
(b) Drunken sailor.
(d) Deer in the headlights.
13. What is country of origin of the record turntable in Anstey's basement?
14. What kind of pizza does Kate want?
(a) An American Hot.
(b) A Nordic Supreme.
(c) A Sicilian Prime.
(d) A Tuscan Basil.
15. What does Kate think her hospital room smells like?
(a) Sour mop water.
(b) A sewage treatment plant.
(c) A dog pile.
(d) A vacuum cleaner's armpit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thor call Toe Rag?
2. What sort of children does Mr. Standish suggest Mrs. Benson might have in their phone conversation?
3. What is the name of Kate's brother?
4. When does Thor wish to meet Odin for a showdown?
5. Where is the village located where Woodshead is?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)