Short Essay Questions Key
1. Why does the neighborhood on Lupton Road 'resent' the police cars that are parked there?
2. What is Dirk's impression of the hallway in Anstey's house as he enters?
3. What is Dirk's impression of Cynthia Draycott when he first encounters her?
4. What does Dirk think about Anstey's bedroom?
5. What does Dirk recall about an interview he read about Pugilism and the Third Autistic Cuckoo?
6. How does the author describe the boy in Anstey's attic room?
7. Describe Dirk's 'Zen' navigation method.
8. What does Dirk think of the 6:30 am meeting time that Anstey arranged for them?
9. What does Dirk do when Bates asks if he is going to pay for the newspaper he just took from his stand?
10. In what state does Dirk find Anstey when he arrives at his house?
11. Why does Gilks think Anstey's death was a suicide?
12. Describe the second bedroom in Anstey's house.
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)