|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Smith say the upperclass sit in their houses like?
2. What section of the bible does Mr. Raynor read to his class?
3. What were dead and dying men straggling in the First World War?
(a) Trip wire.
(c) Metal fencing.
(d) Barbed wire.
4. What does Harry's wife say reading is bad for?
(a) Social life.
5. Who does Smith always say good mrning to while he is out on his run?
(a) The greensman.
(b) The cow-milker.
(c) The brick layer.
(d) The hawk trainer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ernest think he should have died?
2. What is the name of the newspaper the governor is reading?
3. What game does Harry like playing at the club?
4. What character from the bible does Mr. Raynor ask the class about?
5. Who does Harry's wife run off with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Colin agree to run in a competition for Borstal?
2. How does Bullivant react to Raynor beating him?
3. How does Kathy die?
4. What is Smith's attitutude when the policeman confronts him about the robbery?
5. Why do people start suspecting Ernest's intentions towards the young girls?
6. What do the policemen tell Ernest at the end of the story?
7. What is the girls' family life like?
8. How does the governor make Smith's life a misery for the rest of the time he is at Borstal?
9. What is Borstal?
10. What does Mr. Raynor see happening in the Draper's shop at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)