|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Raynor leap over the desks like?
(a) A hyena.
(b) A giraffe.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A kangaroo.
2. Who does Smith always say good mrning to while he is out on his run?
(a) The brick layer.
(b) The hawk trainer.
(c) The greensman.
(d) The cow-milker.
3. What section of the bible does Mr. Raynor read to his class?
4. What does Mr. Raynor ask Bullivant to hold out for him?
(a) His hand.
(b) His leg.
(c) His glasses.
(d) His bible.
5. What kind of tree is at the end of the lane?
(a) An elm tree.
(b) A maple tree.
(c) A horse chestnut.
(d) An oak tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Smith say the upperclass sit in their houses like?
2. What does the narrator say he changed his mother for?
3. How did Mr. Raynor try to cure his obsession with the girl?
4. What has happened to the girl's father?
5. What were dead and dying men straggling in the First World War?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ernest befriend the two girls?
2. What is Smith's attitutude when the policeman confronts him about the robbery?
3. Describe the meeting between Harry and Kathy ten years later.
4. What does Harry remember about his marriage to Kathy?
5. What regrets does Mr. Raynor express at the end of the story?
6. What does Harry think about Kathy's death?
7. What is Ernest's routine?
8. Describe Harry's last fight with Kathy?
9. How does Mr. Raynor remember the girl he regarded as physically perfect?
10. How does Kathy die?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)