|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Smith say the governor talks to him like?
(a) A prize race horse.
(b) A football fan.
(c) A celebrity.
(d) A small child.
2. Where does Harry's wife throw his book?
(a) On the fire.
(b) On top of the garbage bags.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) Out of the window.
3. What does Harry's wife say reading is bad for?
(b) Social life.
4. What does Smith say he was born into?
(a) The good life.
5. What does Mr. Raynor say is his friend?
(a) His fists.
(c) His cane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police say will happen to Ernest if he goes near the two girls again?
2. What does Harry say is a stroke of God's luck?
3. What ideas does Mr. Raynor want to get out of Bullivant's head?
4. How does the elder girl look at Ernest when he offers to buy her sister something to eat?
5. What does Mr. Raynor call Bullivant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What point does Smith make about honesty?
2. Why do Mr. Raynor's pupils no longer bother to sneer at him for his well-known habit of staring at the drapery girls?
3. What does Harry remember about his marriage to Kathy?
4. How does Ernest befriend the two girls?
5. In what way is Ernest a ghost of his former self?
6. How does the governor make Smith's life a misery for the rest of the time he is at Borstal?
7. Describe Harry's last fight with Kathy?
8. What is Ernest's routine?
9. Why does Mr. Raynor think he is a good disciplinarian?
10. How does Mr. Raynor reward Robinson?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)