|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the lords and ladies shout at Smith?
(b) Damn you.
2. What is the students' next class?
3. What has happened to the girl's father?
(a) He has been put in jail.
(b) He has run away.
(c) He has died.
(d) He has been sectioned.
4. What does Mr. Raynor tell his class the next one that speaks gets?
(a) The stick.
(b) Press ups.
5. What does Smith say his enemies can drop on him for all he cares?
(a) Canon balls.
(b) Atom bombs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry's wife hate like poison?
2. What does Ernest say people he meets treat him like?
3. Who does Kathy say she told where to get off?
4. What does Mr. Raynor leap over the desks like?
5. What does Mr. Raynor ask Bullivant to hold out for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Smith and Smith steal the money from the butchers?
2. How do the two girls manipulate Ernest?
3. How does the governor make Smith's life a misery for the rest of the time he is at Borstal?
4. In what way is Ernest a ghost of his former self?
5. How does Bullivant react to Raynor beating him?
6. How does Harry know that Kathy wants money for beer?
7. What point does Smith make about honesty?
8. What do the policemen tell Ernest at the end of the story?
9. How does Kathy die?
10. Why does Colin agree to run in a competition for Borstal?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)