|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Saturday Afternoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Smith believe counts in life?
(c) Free will.
2. What subject does Mr. Raynor teach?
3. What does the man tell the narrator to shut?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His coat.
(c) His bag.
(d) His gob.
4. What does Ernest usually do at 9 o'clock?
(a) Sleep for an hour.
(b) Phone his wife.
(c) Drink a beer.
(d) Eat breakfast.
5. What were dead and dying men straggling in the First World War?
(b) Trip wire.
(c) Barbed wire.
(d) Metal fencing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the policeman's voice bring Ernest to the brink of?
2. What is Jones's job?
3. What is the cleanest thing about the middle-aged man?
4. What is Harry doing when his wife tells him she loves him?
5. What does the narrator say the man has a face like?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)