|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Disgrace of Jim Scarfedale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Smith say the upperclass sit in their houses like?
2. What is the middle-aged man coming out of at the beginning of the book?
(a) The library.
(b) The church.
(c) A cave.
(d) The public lavatory.
3. What does the man order the narrator to do before he hangs himself?
(a) Fetch a chair.
(b) Shut the door.
(c) Sit down.
(d) Write a note.
4. What has been the narrator's job for the past twenty-eight years?
5. Who does the narrator see walk to the man's house?
(a) An ambulance driver.
(b) A social worker.
(c) The man's wife.
(d) A policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Smith believe counts in life?
2. What has happened to the girl's father?
3. What is the name of the person who owns the draper shop?
4. What does the narrator's father suggest the narrator does to cheer himself up?
5. What does Mr. Raynor ask his class to take out of their bags?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)