|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 10, Corroboration, or How a Theory Stands up to Tests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to von Mises, what occurs to the frequencies of events when event sequences become longer?
(a) They develop an inverse relationship.
(b) They become equal.
(c) They increase at the same rate.
(d) They decrease at the same rate.
2. If two statements have equal logical content what must also be equal?
(a) Their justification.
(b) Their logical probability.
(c) Their inductive reasoning.
(d) Empirical content.
3. If a system is protected what will its degree of falsifiability be equal to?
4. What must be maintained in at each level of the experimental process?
(a) Auxiliary hypotheses.
(b) Integrity of testability.
(d) Systems of theories.
5. From what does methodological rule differ?
(a) Rules of logic.
(b) Rules of science.
(c) Rules of truth.
(d) Rules of sustainability.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plays a vitally important role in empirical science?
2. What has a limited utility in comparing falsifiers?
3. What is considered only if one class includes the other?
4. What theory attempted to eliminate unobservable events?
5. What does Popper feel is a fruitless exercise?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)