|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 8, Probability.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens if there is on falsifiable information?
(a) Learning occurs.
(b) Conventionalism is proven.
(c) Learning does not occur.
(d) Experiments fail.
2. What challenges Poppers use of falsification as criteria in deciding is a theoretical system is empirical?
(a) Construction of Nature.
(b) Theoretical experiments.
3. What does the first rule of logic do?
(a) Sets a norm.
(b) States testability.
(c) Proves a scientific statement.
(d) Determines the type of research.
4. What does Popper suggest is not psychological?
5. What is the reason Popper rejects psychologism?
(a) Perceptions are inter-subjective.
(b) Perceptions do not allow for justifications.
(c) Perceptions allow for justifications.
(d) Perceptions are inter-objective.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Popper give credit to conventionalism for doing?
2. What holds the fate of a theory?
3. What theory suggests that simplicity is expected to achieve a law-like regularity of events?
4. What types of statements have no logical justification in which to draw conclusions?
5. What theory is based on random events?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)