|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 4, Falsifiability.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Popper states the "game of science" is?
(a) A principle.
(b) A concept.
(c) An ultimate truth.
(d) A farce.
2. What type of hypotheses does Popper warn against?
(a) Universal hypotheses.
(b) Proven hypotheses.
(c) Auxiliary hypotheses.
(d) Initial hypotheses.
3. Popper feels the principle of causality is not falsifiable and therefore regards it as what?
4. What must a philosopher do to accept Poppers proposed definition of science?
(a) Agree with its constructs.
(b) Read his background theories.
(c) Accept the consequences.
(d) Understand empirical science.
5. How many conditions must a statement satisfy in order to be falsifiable?
Short Answer Questions
1. What must be maintained in at each level of the experimental process?
2. How do conventionalists view Poppers beliefs on the underpinnings of new discoveries?
3. What depends on both universal and singular statements?
4. What method does Popper say applies to science and is important to the theory of knowledge?
5. From what does a theoretical system arise?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)