|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 4, Falsifiability.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Popper states the "game of science" is?
(a) A farce.
(b) A principle.
(c) A concept.
(d) An ultimate truth.
2. What does Popper say methodological rules are?
(d) Keys to understanding.
3. What is the concept of simplicity a part of according to Popper?
(a) Infinite regress.
(b) Metaphysical logic.
(c) Framework of induction.
(d) Logical reasoning.
4. What depends on both universal and singular statements?
(c) Logical factors.
(d) Abstract thought.
5. How do conventionalists view Poppers beliefs on the underpinnings of new discoveries?
(a) Good judgment.
(c) A collapse of science.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is used to capture and explain the world?
2. What does Popper think about statements in which individuals names do not occur?
3. What is diametrically opposed to the critical attitude required of a scientist?
4. Demarcation is based on what definition of Popper's?
5. According to conventionalism, what is required to make determinations of the natural world?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)