|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 3, Theories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ties down fundamental ideas?
2. What is one approach to knowledge considered by Popper?
(d) Common sense.
3. What does Popper feel is a fruitless exercise?
(a) Naming metaphysical things.
(b) Naming logical things.
(c) Naming singular things.
(d) Naming universal things.
4. To what does Popper equate critical thinking?
(a) Inductive thinking.
(b) Rational attitude.
(c) Common sense.
(d) Deductive thinking.
5. What does Popper think about statements in which individuals names do not occur?
(a) They are tautological.
(b) They are logical.
(c) They are metaphysical.
(d) They are not logical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first rule of logic do?
2. What does Popper states the "game of science" is?
3. How does logic serve in determining if a statement is testable?
4. What is the concept of simplicity a part of according to Popper?
5. What method does Popper say applies to science and is important to the theory of knowledge?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)